Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

3 MORE For The Bone-Yard grinning smiley

This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
3 MORE For The Bone-Yard grinning smiley
June 23, 2017 10:57PM
Went door knocking at an 1880s house and got the go ahead to dig. Had CTX and Impact with me. Yard was approx. 2 acres with another 3 of field/woods but I stayed in the yard as the field was overgrown and woods full of bugs thumbs up

Didn't find much but had fun for the few hrs I was there. No coins except some clad.

Found a training shoe for a horse. 3 toy cars, some iron buckles and a strange bird figure/what'sit confused smiley

Re: 3 MORE For The Bone-Yard grinning smiley
June 23, 2017 11:27PM
An assortment---tells something of the history.
June 24, 2017 12:17AM
There is always a spot in the yard that is a fav for the young boys to play with their toys......One wonders what the future of the lad was/is.
June 24, 2017 12:39AM
I think the bird is a sewing bird. Cool.find.

[americanhistory.si.edu]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/24/2017 12:41AM by Crosby.
June 24, 2017 02:01AM
Crosby Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I think the bird is a sewing bird. Cool.find.
>
> [americanhistory.si.edu]
> bject/nmah_639795

Thanks Crosby thumbs down

Never knew these sewing bird things are what they are --- I've found a couple over the yrs but never as intact as this one and always wondered what they were used for!
June 24, 2017 02:00PM
Nice Wayne. CROSBY!!!! Thank you for posting that info. I now know what I have. I found a swallow at a camp...no stand part...always thought it was some weird Mexican broach thing. Thanks bro!!!
June 27, 2017 03:40PM
Nice finds. The sewing bird is way cool.