Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Because I wish I was at the beach - here's a beach detector

Posted by lytle78 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Because I wish I was at the beach - here's a beach detector
June 25, 2017 05:04PM
Here's a video....
A couple of disclaimers,

The guys are in France - they speak French

This is not a product - it's an earlier prototype of the technology which Fisher (First Texas) acquired when they did the deal to hire Alexandre Tartar who designed it.

I think the video is "on the up-and-up" - without any intentional trickery or deception. If First Texas weren't convinced that there was something worthwhile there, I'm sure they would never have spent whatever it cost them to acquire this.

This detector is showing the following:

Iron discrimination by silencing iron - "Discri coupure du fer" = FE discriminated out - no signal

Iron detection by distintive "multitone" on iron - "Discri multitons" = multi tone discrimination

'See through" of a gold ring under two rusty nails

"See through" (And non-reaction to) black volcanic sand.

2 foot (more or less) depth on a gold coin at the beach

[m.youtube.com]

Rick Kempf

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold
Re: Because I wish I was at the beach - here's a beach detector
June 25, 2017 07:12PM
Impressive thanks for the post..

An iron discing Pulse for relics and beach and even deep turf silver would be a welcome addition to an arsenal..

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
June 25, 2017 07:30PM
Thanks Rick. We could use a detector like this here in central Va.
June 25, 2017 11:28PM
Oh my!! Love the multi tone. Unbelievable!

Kenny
[www.youtube.com]
June 25, 2017 11:50PM
Man if them boys needs a beach tester for onr of those ..... id love to get my hand on one. Sweet for Gulf hunting.
June 26, 2017 01:22AM
I am reasonably confident that Carl Moreland at First Texas will ensure that Alexandre's work is eventually turned into a reasonably priced killer beach detector for the market.

When that will happen - or to what extent it points the way to an inland machine with similar capabilities, nobody knows ..... moving from prototype/concept to marketable product is amazingly slow and difficult.

Rick Kempf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/26/2017 01:23AM by lytle78.
June 26, 2017 01:24AM
Very similar to the audio response of the TDI on buried nails with both ground balance and delay setting adjustments.
One thing I did notice, only low conductor targets were tested against the bags and nails. Since nails in the ground tend to mimic high conductors, I'd like to see the same video with only high conductor targets and see the results.
But still very interesting.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/29/2017 10:18AM by markg.
June 26, 2017 02:24AM
Something will come - what it will be and when it will come - no one who knows will say - no one who says, knows anything.

Serious folks working hard to do something truly new. Difficult, slow work, even if you start with a promising concept and prototype.

Rick Kempf