Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Playing the angles...

Posted by Dan-Pa. 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Playing the angles...
June 26, 2017 12:51AM
Hit a heavily hit area after supper about as big as football field......always hunted it North to South or East to West...decided to start at one end and angle to the side and reangle moving along the field to other side...Was using my newly acquired CZ7A so felt anything within 12 inches is mine..After about a half hour with nary a hit said to myself must be nuts, shortly after got a 8 inch wheatie then a 10 inch indian head both coins in poor shape..Nothing for a while and then got a deep hit and about 10 inches up came a silver dime..thank god for pinpointers...Problem is its worn darn near paper thin and has rusty corrosion on it so don't have a prayer...reminds me of some coins found on a saltwater beach. Any idea how to find out what I have...could be holding my first bust and not know it..any help appreciated....
PS: found a almost new baseball ad threw it over the fence...as a kid in the 40's would have killed for one as we knocked the cover off and taped it making it last as long as we could...man times were tough in the coal region....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/26/2017 01:05AM by Dan-Pa..
Re: Playing the angles...
June 26, 2017 01:00AM
Nice Hunt Dan! Man just goes to show those Old CZs can still get it done in the rite hands.
June 26, 2017 02:49AM
A bust dime is a bit larger in diameter the a seated and later dime. Found my first bust dime last year (in California no less), it was so worn I thought it was a reale until I showed to my hunting buddy tongue sticking out smiley
June 26, 2017 02:56AM
Well done, sir!

I knew it was only a matter of time before you found silver with that new CZ... thumbs down
smiling smiley
mike
June 26, 2017 03:51PM
Yeah, even in the 60s, if you lost the baseball, the game was over. It still amazes me to come upon one in plain sight.
June 26, 2017 04:27PM
congratz!
June 26, 2017 06:43PM
Nice find Dan, Did that dime give a good ID or just sound? I have a very nice CZ7a that I have not used much need to take it out and see what it will do. flintstone
June 26, 2017 08:21PM
Dan, first of all, glad you're getting out.

On coins that are like slugs, almost blank.....If you hold a powerful flashlight at the coins side, it may cast slight shadows if there are any raised parts left. You might get just enough shadow to identify the coin. You probably won't get a date but you at least may see what the coin is.....hope it's a bust for you!
June 27, 2017 12:34PM
If you post a high quality picture i might be able to get detail
June 27, 2017 02:05PM
Coin expert feels its a seated.....oh well try again...
PS: lots of Barbers came out of area ....only 2nd seated I know of from area.......thanks for help from forum members..
June 27, 2017 11:05PM
That deserves a Dan,Dan, The CZ Man!
June 28, 2017 02:40PM
Flintstone....gave a good ID and audio sound but was so darn thin glad I had a pinpointer to find it...No doubt if I had 1-100 meter it would have come in low...always remember getting a well worn seated dime with XLT and it read 72 when it should have read 78-79...
June 28, 2017 03:58PM
Dan,
Were You able to run Sensitivity
wide open? As You know those Digital CZs are different animals. Some 4 is all they go usually CZ70s.
But some of early ones can go higher or even all the way if conditions warrant it aka little trash Deep Coin site.