Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

My real Name

Posted by lytle78 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
My real Name
July 08, 2017 01:01AM
Richard Kempf - AKA - Rick Kempf

I find that putting my name on my posts helps me keep my enthusiasms in check.

I guess for us old guys - CB handles were the origin of "handles". Well, CB went to hell - anonymous users ruining it for everyone.

It is happening bigtime on twitter - and to a certain extent on the Forums.

If you want to be taken seriously - and you have an established forum ID - I encourage you to update your profile or your signature with your name. It's your name - I expect you, like me, are proud of it. Why post stuff that you don't want associated with the real you?

My thoughts - others may well disagree - perhaps with good reason - but I - for one - put far less weight on opinions or information from anonymous sources.

With respect - even (some) for those of us who live in the shadows.

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold
Re: My real Name
July 08, 2017 01:19AM
Because there's too many nutjobs/identify thieves/ex's on the net?
July 08, 2017 02:26AM
If they want me - they can find me - heck, I'm in the phone book! ( OK, kids, that's a big book with everybody's phone number in it) - and probably any of us. if anonymity weren't so widely misused as cover for disrespect, contempt and lies, the "shelter" might be worth it.

In my view (only) - if someone won't put their name on what they write, then perhaps ot isn't worth much credit. The folks who signed a document a little over 200 years ago in Philadelphia might have been concerned about signing their names, but ...they did it!

Not criticizing any of my forum collegues, just suggesting that putting "your name where your mouth is" might lead to a more open and respectful forum.

Your mileage may vary

With respect.

Rick Kempf
July 08, 2017 02:54AM
My name is Morgan Riddle just in case anyone wants to know.
July 08, 2017 04:45AM
I'm Seth Chaploney! I call myself big papa because I am 6' 3" 290lbs with kids! Lol!
July 08, 2017 05:21AM
My first name is "Tom", as my forum handle here hints at smiling smiley But I can't tell you my last name. Lest the "nut jobs" that champ alludes to, will most certainly come to my house and rob me of everything. In fact, I'm going to go live on a desert island away from the rest of the world "just to be safe". eye popping smiley
July 08, 2017 09:47AM
I have nothing to hide but like some of the others I don't want to make it too easy for anyone that is off their rocker to find me. If a person has been on the forums posting, wheeling & dealing,etc. long enough they know your name address and phone number.
July 08, 2017 10:16AM
When in the Army i used to have what was called an "I LOVE ME WALL". I dont find it necessary to impress..... just to old to worry about what people think. Im just not in the competitive rat race anymore. I try and pass on what ive learned and hope its good information. But like all information we pick and choose what works. I dont think im taken less serious. Its just a hobby to me and im not trying to get a ML job like some i could mention. Besides that, you can tell me your name and most of the time i cant remember it anyway lol.

Dew
July 08, 2017 10:57AM
Like I said before "It's not that I don't trust people, I just know better".

A few know my name on this forum from business and from detecting together.....I'll leave it at that.
July 08, 2017 11:57AM
Death Ray.
July 08, 2017 01:00PM
Hi my name is..Slim Shady! BTW Tom_IN_CA, you are a marked man in many parts of the country, I wouldn't give out your identity either! LOL
July 08, 2017 02:15PM
I only spell my name with ONE "L"----I don't want to impersonate another.
July 08, 2017 02:24PM
Glad everybody is having fun with this thread - "a rose by any other name...would smell as sweet"

Rick Kempf
July 08, 2017 02:28PM
That liberal poster. If you want to talk detecting I can do it with anyone.
July 08, 2017 06:00PM
I know Tom_in_CA last name, but if I told ya, I'd have to kill ya....or Tom would kill me!! hot smiley
July 08, 2017 07:46PM
My name is Tom also but I no longer live in CA.
July 08, 2017 08:42PM
My real Name is

Long Gone Silvergrinning smiley

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
July 08, 2017 10:03PM
Keith Southern Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> My real Name is
>
> Long Gone Silvergrinning smiley
>
> Keith

I remember a Movie back in the 70s with a Similar Name. Lmao.
July 08, 2017 10:30PM
My name Jose Jimenez...
July 08, 2017 11:29PM
TexHunter Wrote:
> My name Jose Jimenez...

Showing your age there Tex......forgot all about Jose. TV was black and white when he was on.
July 09, 2017 12:22AM
Every time I see this thread title I hear Ronnie Van Zant singing "What's your name".
July 09, 2017 09:27AM
Larry Dickman!
July 09, 2017 11:42AM
My name is Bob Stevens....Whimpster is one of my little four legged friends....I'm protected by a hoard of killer bee's...a thousand pygmies with poison darts...three two hundred pound pit bulls....and if they don't get ya ...my ole lady will.
Only in Canada ya say....don't even lock my door at nightsmiling smiley

Cheers.
July 09, 2017 02:17PM
ozzie Wrote:
> TexHunter Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > My name Jose Jimenez...
>
> Showing your age there Tex......forgot all about J
> ose. TV was black and white when he was on.

Yep, when the tv went off the air, around midnight, I watched the test pattern after the following...

[youtu.be]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/09/2017 02:19PM by TexHunter.
July 09, 2017 02:46PM
Well I compromised and gave them half....doubt if anyone would be interested in my last name but opinions differ...
July 09, 2017 04:22PM
Alpha Goat Wrote:
> Larry Dickman!

Your brother goes to a lot of whorehouses.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/09/2017 04:22PM by Beyonder-Pa.
July 15, 2017 03:18AM
Rick, I don't know you personally, but I consider you a forum friend. I enjoy your posts and appreciate the knowledge I've gained from them. Whether you go by Rick Kempf or Joe Blow doesn't matter one whit to me. Your username is your name to me.

You are right about the anonymity of the internet. It provides cover to those who are inclined to behave badly. In real life rudeness has consequences. Personal, financial, and/or physical. The internet definitely brings out the worst in some people. Then again, you could argue that maybe the absence of societal inhibitions just brings out their true personality.

Like most folks on this forum, I don't use my real name for my handle. My son always tells me I'm overly paranoid about my privacy. Probably true, but I'd rather err on the side of caution. Ironically, research for this hobby has made me acutely aware of how much personal information is out there...and how readily available that information is.

I also realize that for every member of this forum, there are several more lurkers hiding in the shadows. To assume that there is not anybody looking here (or on any detecting forum) with bad intentions would be naive.
July 15, 2017 03:23AM
Beyonder-Pa Wrote:
> Hi my name is..Slim Shady! BTW Tom_IN_CA, you are
> a marked man in many parts of the country, I would
> n't give out your identity either! LOL

Slim for a small fee...all could be revealed - lol
July 15, 2017 05:44AM
My name is Puddin Tang. Ask me again and I'll tell you the same.
July 16, 2017 05:10AM
Don't use my real name for obvious reasons , but I do respect any user name that acts like an adult,some forums know my name from buying\selling etc.
Lately not been detecting much, but hope to get back soon.

ojm bc