Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

G2 Video and review

Posted by Lawrenzo 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
G2 Video and review
October 18, 2010 04:18AM
I will post the video an about a week or two.

I first want to thank Mike Scott for allowing me to be a tester on the new G2. I was starting to worry what I would do if I didn’t like the G2 and felt I had to be honest but had never been in a situation like this before. Mike thanks for having faith in me and paring me up with a detector that is a perfect fit for me.

The G2 I tested this weekend was tested as a relic hunter detector. This machine is right on par with the 8000 the T2 and the LTD. I found it to be the most sensitive detector I have used to date. I also think it unmasks a bit better then the LTD. It is as light and well balanced as the T2, LTD and the 8000. It is as fast as the LTD in its recovery speed. It separates targets as well as the LTD. It is as deep as my LTD in the Gold Country Dirt. It has only two tones one being the grunt of iron the other being the targets that you dialed in above your dics. You have what I call a split tone...If you hunt at a disc of 30 every target below 30 will be a grunt and every target above 30 will be a well modulated tone.
Tons of info are mixed in with the tone. To me it was more of a zip tone like AM but with way more definition and a sharper sound.

The G2 is very basic in design when you look at the face plate. Not a lot of programs more of a turn on and go detector. This new machine is easy to understand, easy to ground balance, easy to setup but packs a huge punch of power and sensitivity. The G2 loves all targets you put in its way and is like a vacuum cleaner...this machine cleans up and leaves no dust behind. This being my first hunt I took it to a place that has history from 1890. I know what targets I should be finding at this hunt so I was not looking to find different relics to be able say "wow this machine is the best ever"! I was more interested in being able to unmask the targets we have missed over the past four years.

The ground was dry after a summer of the temps being mostly in the 90-100. The G2 loves round coin shaped targets, from paper thin to fat iron washers and even no I didn't find many coins the ones I did find hit hard, I would say harder then the LTD. I love my LTD and have found some priceless relics with it. The new boost mod seems to be a great improvement so I am not replacing my LTD! I think the G2 would be a great way to rehunt areas I have hunted and to recover those fringe masked targets the LTD may have missed.

I have more hunts in the weeks to come that I have used the LTD at so I know what a machine has to do to hunt in these complicated iron infested areas. The G2 has a lot more to prove before it becomes a trophy on my wall. It does love aluminum in all shapes and sizes. From micro thin to wadded up balls, you name it the G2 will find it. So I would not call this machine a park, school detector! You would have to disc out too much unless you want to cherry pick the area.

The G2 was designed as a Gold Machine first but without the 5” coil I can only hope another tester that has a lot of experience and is testing this machine as a gold machine can review this detector. I don’t know what the differences in the G2 and the new Gold Bug are so I can’t compare the two. I am sure we will find out at some point.

So stay tuned and pray for some Calif rain so I don’t have to use dynamite to penetrate some of the hard packed Gold Country Dirt. Again thanks to Mike Scott, I am so excited about testing this new machine. You have a winner that I think most relic hunters will have to have in their arsenal and the price is a great price point a must have for Christmas.

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 10/19/2010 02:22AM by Lawrenzo.
Re: G2 Video and review
October 18, 2010 04:01PM
Thanks for the info & video. I'm amazed at how many targets the G2 is finding in that area, considering how much we've pounded it with the F75 LTDs and other machines. Makes me wish I could get my hands on one and a day off work.
Re: G2 Video and review
October 18, 2010 09:32PM
For some reason.....your video has been removed.

Interesting write-up.......and sounds 'on-par' for the design .....and intended purpose/use of the detector.