Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Tom 3h tone / 4h tone? F75

Posted by Lawrenzo 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Tom 3h tone / 4h tone? F75
July 06, 2008 04:18AM
What is the difference betweent 3h tone and 4h tone. You wrote that the 4h tone is more like the CZ3D? I was in bad dirt today and the F75 was having a hard time locking on targets. I managed about four wheats and some cool buttons. I was using 3h tone and as the day got longer it seemed the F75 would not get snappy hits on targets more long and slower hits.

I thought I was getting more masking and more iron. I switched coils and the smaller coil didn't help. It seemed the ground was changing as the sun was heading on it way to the west for the sunset.

I did try the larger coil again and tried 4h and I hit a silver barber. It didn't sing out it was kind of a dirty high tone. What is up with 4h? I know you hunt in mono tone. I ues 3h so when I get a mid or high tone I look to see what the numbers are reading and I slow down. I will at that point dig a good target for the most part.

One more thing I know on the 4h tone the 3rd tone is for older coins as is the 4th tone and on the 3h the 3rd tone and the second tone seems to do the same.

But I did notice that the 4h seemed to work better in the bad ground?

Also we hunted in some bad ground and my buddy pulled out a sheiled nickel on the CZ3D he got a high tone. I could not lock in on the target. I got a real scratchy muted tone.

We dug it and out pops the nickel not very deep but crusted dirt that was eating the coin away almost like rust. He found a indian head penny and it was also caked on with cruddy dirt that was starting to eat away at the coin.

Any insight would be great I will make another Digging California video.

Your the best happy 4th

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
Excellent Question...
July 06, 2008 02:16PM
I was getting ready to call Larry of NWI and make a purchase/F-75...I'm gonna wait for the response to this one.

I hunt trashy/foil...etc...areas...and I detect iron areas, bad soil areas and great moisturized clean dirt areas...but the iron and cruddy soil areas are to frequent...i need to hear response too (Thanks Thomas for any insight).

-Mike
Re: Tom 3h tone / 4h tone? F75
July 06, 2008 05:02PM
I have both CZ-3D and F75. The F75 isn't close to the 3D in areas with lots of iron,bad ground or EMI.There are areas that My F75 is just not usable.The 3D is MUCH deeper in this Oregon Ground.
Try this: Put some small nails around a quarter and try both the 3D and F75.
I have never had a detector that locks on to deep targets like my 3D. I've only had the 3D about a month and the F75 about 10 months.
The 3D really likes silver with a hole in it! I have never found so many deep gold and silver rings.I dug a very small silver ring yesterday, 7" deep with the 3D. My F75 gave a broken junk signal.I've tried most detectors you can name,the 3D is the detector I've been trying to find for the last 6 Years. It's just fun to use,but digging such deep holes is kind of a pain winking smiley
Did I say I like my 3D?
July 06, 2008 06:43PM
I too have had the CZ3 and loved it but still love the f75 a better detector for relic hunting by far. I was up in Oregon and we had two dfx and we could drop a coin and harley get a nice tone the ground is really bad out there.

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

July 06, 2008 08:18PM
Lawrenzo,

GET THAT CAMERA OF YOURS OUT.... AND 'CAPTURE' these washed-out, elongated (not snappy) audio responses!!! Hmmmmm, I don't have enough data input to make a intelligent troubleshooting decision. My FIRST question would be; When the detector was acting/performing at it's worst..... could you acquire a "expected" audio result on a coin .... IN AN AIR-TEST,,WITH THE COIL AWAY FROM THE GROUND??? This is a BIG troubleshooting aid.... by virtue of removing a large variable; ... that being the dirt (possibly bad dirt). Regardless of what tone option you have selected (ie.... 3, 3H, 4, 4H etc....) the detector will perform (or fail) exactly the same. The tone options only dictate what conductive bandwidth targets will audibly report as.... to the user.

( More to follow. Outta time)!!

Tom
July 06, 2008 08:40PM
Okay,

I know that I have covered this topic many times.....in many of the previous posts; but it may be worthy to make a abbreviated reiteration of this topic.

On the F-75 (and T-2) .... by invoking the '4H' tone option..... the unit will sound very similar (audibly) to a CZ-3D/CZ-70 with their 4-tones. And ONLY in this 4/4H mode ... it will then perform in a very similar fashion to the CZ-3D in respect to ..... specifically; "OLD COINS". MANY, MANY folks are "old coins" hunters; and the 4/4H tone option is specifically targeted to aid them in the recovery of old coins that would otherwise audibly report as a trash tone (mid-tone). By invoking/selecting the 3-tone option....... the following is a INCOMPLETE list of coins that will be MISSED ..... due to the fact that they will audibly read as a trash tone (because 4/4H tone option is NOT selected). You will hear a trash tone on the following coins:

Many silver Half-Dimes
All silver 3-Cent Trimes
Many 'tilted' silver dimes & quarters and copper coins
Many 'partially masked' silver/copper coins
All Indian Head pennies
All Flying Eagle Cents
Many Half Cents
All U.S. $5.00 gold Half-Eagle pieces
Many coins 'on edge'
Many tokens

INCOMPLETE!

Now..... IF you opt to invoke the 4/4H tone option..... all of the items above are MUCH more likely to audibly ID as the 3rd highest tone (and not the trash-tone/mid-tone). If you are specifically hunting for old coins; invoke the 4/4H tone option..... sweep coil...... ignore the bottom two tones,,, and recover the TOP TWO TONES.

Tom
July 06, 2008 09:41PM
Tom yes my F75 would hit on a target I held or if I dropped a target on the ground it would sing out. I think it was the dirt as the day grew longer my detecotr seemed to have a harder time but I also put in new batt.

LowBoy

[www.youtube.com]

July 07, 2008 01:43AM
I would definately try a different site. Different dirt.... and see what the detector does.