Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Video thoughts

Posted by Texasdirtdauber 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Video thoughts
September 16, 2006 07:00PM
I think that the video was great but a couple of minor points-not wearing gloves is a serious error (needles,glass,etc.) and the size of your shovel would probably get me arrested in Texas-our ground in the Dallas area is so hard never would you get a plug like yours out-narrow bladed tools are the norm-thanks for emphasizing covering the hole even when no one cares-great point-was that a CZ-5 you were using or what?
Re: Video thoughts
September 17, 2006 01:52PM
Glad you enjoyed the DVD..... it was a CZ-3D (1st created prototype) in a CZ-6a box. I nearly never wear gloves whilst detecting,,,, unless the dirt is exceptionally hard. I've been lucky...and have never cut myself. --- As far as shovels, , , I have many recovery tools.....and it is the conditions that dictate what tool I utilize. The location (in the video) lended itself as 'pique' for utilization of that specific shovel. On the beach, I utilize the same shovel with one exception; the shank is a bit longer.

Happy Intelligent Hunting!

Thomas J. Dankowski
September 26, 2006 08:05PM
Tom,

I too enjoyed your DVD and learned several things from it. I wonder if you could include the settings of your detector (I see from the above posting that you were using the CZ-3D). I believe that you use a couple of detector models--could you tell us which ones. It also looked like Koss headphones--which ones? I loved the test garden and the info on listening to the "sharpness" of the high tones.

Dan
September 29, 2006 10:31AM
Dan,

Detector settings as follows:

Sens = 4.5 (This gives max depth and minimum width footprint)
Disc = '0' (I need to hear all tones)
Salt/Enhanced = "Enhanced"
Volume = '2'
Ground Bal. = '10' (Florida soil is inert)

I predominately utilize my 'home-build' prototypes, CZ's, Gold Bug II and T-2. I own MANY others (including different brands),,,, but stick with using maximum performance units only.

Sincerely,

Tom
March 20, 2007 09:36PM
I enjoyed the video and it was very helpful. I'm now trying to decide what I can and cannot include when using the F75 with the DD coil.

I didn't find anything in the DVD that I did not like. I understand why the mistakes were included although I never noticed them hardly.

I hope you make another one someday in soil like we have in East Tennessee and with the newer F75. This detector has just been released and it is early, but I would like to know how to best take advantage of it's power and utility.

Best regards,

Alton