Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

HF Elliptical Deus coil...... thoughts and ramblings HUNT UPDATE 8/16/17 VIDEO ADDED 8/17/17 VIDEO ADDED of Down the Barrel Vs T2-C. W/Snake coil 8/25/17

Posted by Keith Southern 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: HF Elliptical Deus coil...... thoughts and ramblings
August 17, 2017 04:56PM
Hey Brian!!

Yes in mineral I'm seeing some Punch for sure..

I had worried that the unit wouldnt obtain depth on such a high Freq 30Khz.((usually a HF rig will airtest to the moon but the soil kills it))..and was mainly wanting it for SIte work for dissection..

Yet this little slender coil on 30Khz obtains depth to targets that are harder to hear...

I've always believed Normal freqs like say 5-15 roughly would get most of all the targets that are of coin sizes and at least mid range conductors on up, at times up to the proverbial 10 inch mark...that's using disc...then the 15-20 started to show us those depths at times on the mid range coin sizes...now we have an option in the Deus to go Higher ..the DTVG also has encroached on the higher freq at 25 and I'm hearing now that the DTVG has a proto running at 30???COINCIDENCE???seem's manufacturers are pushing us further up the scale and in terms of the GMP I'm sure they are tweaking recovery speed to slightly slower ...higher freqs can it seems handle a bit slower recovery speed and still act like lower freqs in PUNCH and still separate like a HIgher recovery speed((Reactivity)) does in separation..

Its basic knowledge that that alot of units can can use alot of freqs and get the same type targets at the top layer...its those targets that are weaker in conductivity in the upper layers down to say 10 inches that are still left even from years and years of scanning and especially in mineral..

Manufacturers have now as of late started allowing us to work into the mineral by not being as aggressive on the ground filters and allowing us to hear more intelligent audio..they haven't really given us better Visual ID in the ground at depth but they have allowed us to hear the lower things that are usually swallowed up by aggressive ground filter covering up the legitimate targets...more along the lines of a disc based mode that acting like an All Metal mode for depth...Target's can and will get lost in mineral especially if they don't have enough conductance to Break through the filter barrier's..

what I would hope to see one day through this EASING UP ON FILTER AGGRESSION is to be able to start to see into the matrix like it is air...with modern processing and seemingly VLF as were we are staying maybe there is a way to start to discern the deeper targets audio wise and at least ability to tell if its iron or not...I think for the past phase shift discing lifespan manufacturers have been overly aggressive but maybe they have had to be for analog and also to keep proper ID's...Now we are into the processing world and things can be extracted from the reports that used to not be able to happen... the more we can hear or at least the detector can hear the more it can begin to process..with older designs with strong ground filters the machine never even got a chance to begin to see the target to even analyze it..

in millions of areas around the world that's been worked hard for the last 40 years or more the targets that are left are at depth or masked by trash and or mineral..most of the targets that are still obtainable by a VLF circuit in that upper 10 inch strata are going to be Lower conductors..and even higher stuff on edge..

This is why my way of thinking is that VLF still has a ways to go..There's more and more ways though processing and coil design freq selection filtering etc to be able to EXTRACT the signal from the soil...

One thing right now in the game is you don't want too big a coil or too small a coil..you need a balance and the 5x9's in the harsher dirt allows the filtering not to become swamped..

couple that with Newer avenues of extraction and it cleans things up ..

Might be a reason this coil sold out so fast...

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
Re: HF Elliptical Deus coil...... thoughts and ramblings HUNT UPDATE 8/16/17
August 17, 2017 05:06PM
Hey Ghound the Deus fast for the most part can be the GMP program etc..no underlying hidden tweaks we can change...the Deep and Hot are using the different deeper insoide the unit programming options we cant change so look at the 'Deep' for audio depth..

I really enjoy the X/Y screen too when magnified to ten..coal clinkers sound good but flat line hard on the axis..

I'f it were me and I wasn't working with factory I might resort back to 4.0 till the 4.1 becomes the official release..But that's just me... and you may other reasons..

Not trying to tell you what to do but it's super easy to load up 4.0 and give it a go...see if the performance doesn't improve??

I know my 5x9 coil is stellar on airtest and great on in ground depth on 4.0...goot keep that silencer on -1 though..

Looking forward to your findings!!

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
VIDEO ADDED 8/17/17
August 17, 2017 07:26PM
[www.youtube.com]

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
Very good video.

Using pitch for tone selection I find good in a dig all nonferrous goal.
Using pitch with freq jacked, vs 2 tone with freq jacked,,,different sounding. In challenging unmasking seems using pitch give tone more body, 2 tone more clipped- while over same challenged scenario.

Thanks for sharing.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/17/2017 10:02PM by Sod-buster.
Sod-buster Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Very good video.
>
> Using pitch for tone selection I find good in a di
> g all nonferrous goal.
> Using pitch with freq jacked, vs 2 tone with freq
> jacked,,,different sounding. In challenging unmas
> king seems using pitch give tone more body, 2 tone
> more clipped- while over same challenged scenario.
>
> Thanks for sharing.

Yawn again = more old news thumbs up
Hey Keith or anyone using the new 5x9 hf coil. Have u noticed a delay in response to the remote controller when switching settings? For example, when switching freq a delay response from one freq to another? Mine seems to do this. Switch to black 9" coil and response is normal lol wth?
I't may be a bit slower on my HF I notice but still acceptable.

I notice freq relay is a bit louder too..

Its a switching circuit and may be using a different process to do that..

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
Kickindirt Wrote:
> Hey Keith or anyone using the new 5x9 hf coil. Hav
> e u noticed a delay in response to the remote cont
> roller when switching settings? For example, when
> switching freq a delay response from one freq to a
> nother? Mine seems to do this. Switch to black 9"
> coil and response is normal lol wth?

Same here kickindirt

it takes a second to switch from one to the next but it's no big deal to me.

Like Keith said = must be a different kind of process in the switching circuit VS on the lower freq. coil

took me a min to figure it out after pushing the button to switch and then again because it didn't imed. drop to lower freq. but then it went 2 freq. lower when it did kick in/switch confused smiley
Ok cool thx I thought maybe mine was messed up lol. Ya it's not big deal just a extra second. Had anyone tried the 4.1 beta? I heard 4.1 was suppose to correct some of the issues with new coils.
I'm not trying it till its released as a final Version..

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
well got up early to hit my old park, turned on the new hf 9x5 coil with remote. Remote froze on the speaker on off screen. Tried everything to get it unstuck. power on off 100x, unpaired new coil from headphones. unplugged battery from remote, nothing works. guess more bugs with 4.0 than thought. I've never had one single issue with this machine since I got it new in 2014 or with 4.0 with all 3 black coils. well @#$%&!!!!angry smileyconfused smileythumbs up
Haven't had any problems YET!

Does seem to take awhile for it to pair to the LF coil when coming from the HF coil though..

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
Kickindirt Wrote:
> well got up early to hit my old park, turned on th
> e new hf 9x5 coil with remote. Remote froze on the
> speaker on off screen. Tried everything to get it
> unstuck. power on off 100x, unpaired new coil from
> headphones. unplugged battery from remote, nothing
> works. guess more bugs with 4.0 than thought. I've
> never had one single issue with this machine since
> I got it new in 2014 or with 4.0 with all 3 black
> coils. well @#$%&!!!!angry smileyconfused smileythumbs up

Man, that sux, hope it's not a common problem and that maybe a re-upload will take care of it for you.

Haven't had any issue/s running it myself.

Heading out to an 1840s farm to do some scouting/etc tomorrow morning but gonna take both coils just in case after seeing/hearing this!
Video T2-C. W/Snake coil 8/25/17
August 25, 2017 07:37PM
[www.youtube.com]

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
Good vid Keith

only goes to show how far xp has come with their new coil VS how far they need to go "yet"

We can only hope for a smaller 4x7" or 5" round or the like in the near future to push the Deus to it's max potential and beyond
Hey Wayne with the new remote battery system they have developed we may in the future see a small round coil of some sort..Of course they may have to move the transmitter up inside the pole too???although maybe not since the 5x9 is only five inches wide, a 5 or 6 round should be doable with just remote battery...

I'm sure the lack of space is the reason behind the slow to arrive smaller coils..

Thanks Wayne!!

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
great vid Keith love listening to ur comparisons, the T2 is a beast for sure man.Something about that machine that just finds the good stuff. got to try out my new hf 5x9 today, of coarse I could only run it with my headphones cause my remote is still froze. I must say the new coil sure lights up old worked out sites. Got a few old buttons, a cool buckle and a 1908 V nickel. Had to cut the hunt short due to 90+ temps and the McGregor Mayweather fight. I actually got my remote to work enough to update it again thinking that would fix it but nope went right back to the same old frozen screen dang it to hell. Gonna have to send it in angry smileythumbs up
Few more findings on setup..
August 30, 2017 02:26AM
Thanks Kickin..

I'm noticing on the HF elliptical that -1 silencer will false a good bit on end of swings..It's really sensitive to the ground more so than the LF coil.especially if you're walking ..even with ground ball left on 90 and dirt is calling for 88 or so....

Zero silencer seems to stop it..Yet zero sees into the soil better than the LF on -1..

I'm fine running -1 silencer once I'm bearing down in a small area and contain my sweeps slow and methodical..

14Khz is really jumping deep for me on big brass...

On 28 khz good audio hit quarter way fill in from top on non ferrous side showing on horseshoe no ID showing its tiny stuff like melted lead and small little cuff buttons past 3 inches or more deep...3 cent sizes on up will trigger ID down to about 6 inches before same scenario starts...

Reactivity 2.5 is a Godsend on the HF..

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
Re: Few more findings on setup..
August 31, 2017 01:02AM
Keith Southern Wrote:
> 14Khz is really jumping deep for me on big brass...

>On 28 khz good audio hit quarter way fill in from
> top on non ferrous side showing on horseshoe no
> ID showing its tiny stuff like melted lead and sma
> ll little cuff buttons past 3 inches or more deep.
> ..3 cent sizes on up will trigger ID down to about 6 inches before same scenario starts...

> Reactivity 2.5 is a Godsend on the HF..

> Keith

That's somewhat of a mixed blessing = good that tiny stuff (bits of lead/etc) don't register on horseshoe but bad for cuffs being in the boat along with that stuff past 3" confused smiley

And agreed on the 2.5 reactivity in V 4 with this HF coil. Makes an nice middle ground between say like GMP on #2 reactivity and and Deus fast on #3 reactivity in the older in V 3.2 where one seems a bit slow in certain sites and the other a bit too fast thumbs down
Thx for the heads up Keith, I'm guessing that was in one of ur normal iron infested sites. I have to agree on the depth. I dug a suspender buckle the other day that was surprisingly deep. I didn't measure but would say easy 8" which is really deep for this site I was at. To me the 2.5 reactivity on the hf 9x5 seems about equal to about the 4 on the black 9" give or take a little except u don't lose the depth of the 4. Also wanted to say I ended up having to send in my remote to Xp. The team here in the USA are awesome to work with and have great customer support.