Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

For Tom's Water detecting

Posted by Flintstone 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
For Tom's Water detecting
August 17, 2017 02:04AM
Re: For Tom's Water detecting
August 17, 2017 08:36AM
Might come in handy for a life preserver. I know of only one couple who uses a tag along like that here in the Gulf. Never seen anyone else use them even on the other side of the island...... well except for sharks teeth hunting. Not really needed in the Gulf and on his side of the island .... those waves could be a real issue that could dump it for you. Lakes and the bay with more dense material it may well be worth it. You can buy plastic classifers from off line....... all ya need are zip ties and motorcycle/4wheeler intertube.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/17/2017 07:06PM by dewcon4414.
August 17, 2017 12:11PM
I use one in some of the lakes around here. It makes it a lot easer to dump the scoop in and find your target. I know Tom D. said he had trouble finding small targets in scoop, like ear ring backs. Just make the holes as small as you like. The sand will wash out when you walk.
August 17, 2017 10:53PM
Not a bad idea; yet, my waves would flip it over ..... and really try to tow it out to sea! (Even tethered).