Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Blue hip/chest mount minelab sovereign gt bag...

Posted by connortn 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Blue hip/chest mount minelab sovereign gt bag...
August 20, 2017 12:16AM
I'm looking for one of the older blue sovereign gt hip/chest mount bags that's been discontinued for some time now. Wanted to chest mount my new to me sovereign gt and this bag seems to fit better than some of the newer ones. If anyone has one they're not using any more I'd be interested in purchasing it from them. If I can't find one, I may go with a army surplus canteen bag, or maybe someone has a better suggestion. I suppose some wide suspenders would work best with this type?

C.
Re: Blue hip/chest mount minelab sovereign gt bag...
August 20, 2017 11:09AM
.........Oops......sorry.......just sold 5 of them for $25.00 (apiece) NEW - what prompted me was I saw a guy asking more for a used one!!! I'm all out but will keep my eyes open for ya!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/20/2017 11:10AM by Des D.
August 20, 2017 02:51PM
Its all about timing....just gave one away recently...come on guys look in your closet...
August 21, 2017 10:36AM
"I've put out a feeler and am working on the case!"
August 21, 2017 02:13PM
Wow! You guys are great. It's something else to see complete strangers come to the aid of a fellow detectorist. Kind of humbling. That's why I really like this site and appreciate Tom Dankowski and all others who make it special.

I got up at sunrise to pick grapes to make jelly (bees aren't all over them that early) and wait for the eclipse. It's not full here but very near so. Last time I remember seeing one was back in the '60's. Our chickens went to roost when it got darker. Rooster came out crowing after it was over:-) Thought he had done something!
August 21, 2017 02:16PM
"A bag just gone in the Mail to you - not the blue one but it might help you out and bring out your creativeness!"
August 21, 2017 05:17PM
I say it again... what a bunch of guys! I hadn't even started making my jelly yet! Still waiting for the eclipse. I can tell anyone who asks that I had a friend give me the bag on the total eclipse. Thanks Des. I'm sure it will work fine. I hope I can do something in return someday.
August 23, 2017 03:54PM
Those wool lined canteen holder's are unbeatable for a sovereign..

I have a post on here somewhere about 5 years or more ago showing one..take the flap fold it back sew it down and create a belt loop...Sovereign fits snug and also offers padding..

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
September 23, 2017 04:32PM
"Did that bag ever reach your mailbox???"
October 01, 2017 02:31AM
Hi Des...

Sorry for the late reply. I've been out of town and just returned. ...and "yes", I did receive the bag. It was a bit big and too nice to cut up and try to sew it back together, so I'm keeping it for something special someday. I found an army ammo bag that worked and had a flap over it in case of rain.

Thanks for the gift thou. It was appreciated. Hope I can return the favor someday.

By the way, I tried out your meter with newly acquired Sovereign GT at Myrtle Beach for a week and it worked great. I must have dug close to 200 targets between it and my CZ3d. No gold, but an iphone, nice bracelet, gold plated silver ring (fooled me in the dark) and a costume jewelry ring. Probably a hundred pull tabs. I only got to detect 4 days and here came the big dredging machines and covered the beach with about 4-5 ft of sand. Don't let anyone say serious metal detecting at the beach is easy. Wore myself out.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/01/2017 02:41AM by connortn.
October 01, 2017 03:26PM
Copy over n out