Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

News Flash Minelab Obsoletes All Single Frequency VLF Detectors in October "The Searcher " UK mag

Posted by hastings 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
[drive.google.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/21/2017 01:10PM by hastings.
Hmmmmmmm. Sounds like a good move.

Sounds "promising".
Photoshop?
It's from a photo I took of an advert from latest October edition of "The Searcher " I can assure you this is real just get the latest Searcher mag & you will see.
Very exciting.... the thing that has my attention the most in that add is it says "New Technology" hmmm... and I also heard they found a new way to discriminate targets. Can't wait to hear more.

John
Single frequency at a time VLF detectors are at a dead-end technologically.

Minelab has the engineering horsepower to push their existing multi frequency technology further and maybe do new and exciting things with it – we all should hope so.

Looks like it's a race .

Fisher/1st Texas has also announced that they are pressing on with further development of multi frequency technology.

If this announcement can be taken at face value – and I think maybe it can - sounds like ML is ahead.

Of course – so was the "hare".

In any event the further development of multi frequency at the same time technology for metal detecting is really good news.

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/21/2017 03:32PM by lytle78.
I'm asked to sign in to GoogleDrive if I want to see it. Still, I can imagine it, I suppose.

It doesn't sound like a good idea to me, surely they need some cheaper entry-level machines to attract people to the brand?

I realise Ferrari don't make entry-level cars (they have Fiat for that purpose). Do ML have any sub-brands?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/21/2017 02:52PM by Pimento.
Anyone want to guess$$??
Pimento...... the way it reads to me is their NEW tech will make single freq machines obsolete ... not that they are dropping theirs. Another ML hype to increase sales. Im a wait and see guy..... theres alway bugs. They just got the CTX the way i kind of wanted it for water hunting.
Here's what Des D told last year in a thread ..

I haven't forgot abut it Des!!

"That's what I pointed out in another thread... a New VLF Hybrid tech - an auto switching and simultaneous VLF/BBS system in a platform like nothing we've seen so far...think bicycle helmets...in a really strong carbon fibre plastic mix. Twin coil processors DPT (dual processor technology) - one to process the ground signal only and auto GB the entire time to negate minerals - the other working in tandem with multiple processors in the tiny control box to focus on the target signal to produce finer / cleaner target ID's. In essence a huge improvement on their VFLEX system which by now is 'old hat technology' anyway. Such a device could kill off the French miracle in one fell swoop?

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
Such a device could kill off the French miracle in one fell swoop?

Only if its lighter but been Minelab i doubt it
hmmm so much speculation, hopefully some truth mixed in. I will keep my eyes peeled
Thanks for the link to the picture, now I see it's 'advertising' rather than anything more significant....
Bring it on thumbs down
Wonder if they will be putting chips in the coils like the CTX basically doubling the price and eliminating after market coils? I dont like the.......... heres what you get attitude that reflects. Wished they'ed redesign their coils to be more like the NEL. Wonder if it will be blue tooth like the Deus?
Expected to really a novelty, there is already a photo and description.
In short, the Minelab Equinox will be a hybrid multiprocessor metal detector with a dive capability of up to 3 meters, made of carbon fiber.
/imho/

[trademarks.justia.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/22/2017 11:19AM by vfp7.
If they are going to use a carbon fiber plastic mix, maybe it will be reasonably light weight? That would be a plus . The weight of the ctx chased me away.
"carbon fiber plastic mix" , like super cars and CTX shafts?
Sounds like $1000 per word to me.thumbs up
Dive ....... and 3 meter dont go together. Man i hope they use the correct O ring this time and put the battery prongs at the TOP not the bottom. Hey....... waterproof has my attention especially if it can be used in salt water knowing that single freq has the capability to pick up smaller gold.
dewcon4414 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Wonder if they will be putting chips in the coils
> like the CTX basically doubling the price and elim
> inating after market coils? I dont like the.....
> ..... heres what you get attitude that reflects.
> Wished they'ed redesign their coils to be more lik
> e the NEL. Wonder if it will be blue tooth like t
> he Deus?

"The use of chips in the coils goes back to the Sovereign days!"
I remember back in about 91 when the Sovereign came out it was so radical in terms of multi freq transmission and excellent disc ability and mineral handling...Although back then I was still using a BFO I'd had since the late 70s and a Red Baron I lOVED and a 1265 was my depth monster along with a Pantera for trashy areas ...

SO this WEIRD SOUNDING machine hit the streets and right away after seeing it in action against my units for depth and clean disc I had to have one..And me being Naive and believing the sales brochures and seeing it dig deep and it had that masking switch on it!!!!...Don't get me wrong I still love the Sovereign and admire it and consider it a Legendary class machine...Because what it does well, it does very well..and I thought it was all I needed for about 6 months one time,, LOL

Now we have this New sales brochure that says Obsoletes all Single freq VLF units...The first sales brochure I saw for BBS was a pic with a bunch of arrows going down into the ground below the coil..17 I believe there was if you counted LOL...all the arrows penetrating the ground and all depths shallow, mid, and deep..and hitting all the targets in the pic....nothing was out of reach....then there was the lowly single freq unit comparison pic and it was about mid depth with its one arrow and right below the end of the arrow as a gold item out of reach....OH THE AGONY!!!!

So while till this day the Sovereign is a high ranking unit it never did quite find it all and clean the sites out ..

I hope it's something unique and NEW to the detecting world..although Now I'm not sure as of Today ..But we will see..

Hope there's not 50 arrows going into the ground on this one though I hate trying to count those things in the pics..

Great Times we are in!!

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
2 more inches on a dime that's all I ask. Multi-freq has no advantage in depth most places now days. Price also will have to come in well under the CTX . $1200.00 to $1500.00 range as per FTP,s early claim for the Mosca.

I foresee a battle between this one and the Mosca series for sales. Will one be a clear winner over the other performance wise? Only time will tell.

Not gonna be an early adopter on this one and potentially take a beating on resale.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
In a democracy, it is difficult to win fellow citizens over to your own side, or to build public support to remedy injustices that remain all too real when you fundamentally misunderstand how they see the world.
Yeah Tom...

I'm always excited to see a New unit ..And that's part of the QUEST we are on..Seeking out and edge..

Manufacturers feed off of our lust...much like drug pushers... and I think in a lot of ways detecting is a drug..

and Yes I doubt it's a Flagship...If anything maybe a simpler type unit..maybe BBS/hybrid?? or even FBS ???probably something to take the place of a Etrac and even Excalibur??

all terrain simpler spectrum unit??

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
....I think you're in the right track there Keith!

Non flagship
Mid price point
VFlex 2 maybe?
V-flex as in needing different coils for each freq? I'd laugh my arse off if they did that again.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
In a democracy, it is difficult to win fellow citizens over to your own side, or to build public support to remedy injustices that remain all too real when you fundamentally misunderstand how they see the world.
I have no knowledge on the subject.

It would make business sense for them to have a serious non-PI relic hunter. Many people have asked for X-terra 705 that's waterproof and with improve performance and options. Minelab's updated X-terra to compete with the Deus? $1k-1.5K range?
Xterras are not joke and are very clean running..

I like how they have been able to digitize the signal from the coil to control box and by doing so remove alot of the EMI..

Makes sense too..having a digital data link in data form allows for cleaner transfer...alot of the WAVE Form EMI is not a bother to it..

I would like to see a multif freq Xterra without need to buy other coils..a BBS Xterra??..and all terrain to boot!!Look out AT MAX..

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
Keith Southern Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> I would like to see a multif freq Xterra without n
> eed to buy other coils..a BBS Xterra??..and all te
> rrain to boot!!Look out AT MAX..
>
> Keith

all terrain BBS Xterra or some type of hybrid to replace etrac/excal combined like you mentioned would be a very welcomed unit but can't imagine it being "wallet friendly" grinning smiley

FBS3 unit??