Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

My Apologies

Posted by wildwally1 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
My Apologies
August 22, 2017 08:39PM
Forum Members (and newest members)

My apologies for not getting to approve new members over the last 4 days. I had been out of town and not well connected to the internet to monitor the website. I don't like logging in as an administrator in places I don't know that well. Saw the full solar eclipse, it was AWESOME. can't wait until the next one (April 8, 2024).

Wally
Re: My Apologies
August 22, 2017 09:21PM
Did you come to Sweetwater, TN or go to somewhere else? I remember you saying a while back that you had booked hotels in several spots along the totality line and remembered Sweetwater was one of them cause I am only 11 miles from there. My little town of Athens had an estimated 20,000 visitors for the 2.5 mins of totality. I saw vehicles representing 38 US states and talked to people from 5 different countries that came for it. It was one of the neatest things I have experienced in my lifetime.
August 22, 2017 10:28PM
No worries friend. You should have time off occasionally. smileys with beer
August 22, 2017 10:28PM
It took 20 minutes,,,why were you gone for 4 days?winking smiley
August 23, 2017 01:50AM
Daniel,

I ended up going to Sweetwater because the weather look like it was deteriorating in South Carolina but improving in Tennessee. We also like Tennessee better because there's more tourist stuff in TN. We did one day in Chattanooga and saw Rock City, rode the Inclined Railway and went into Raccoon Caverns. 5 minutes after totality we headed to Lost Sea Adventure and it was awesome. Lost Sea Adventure is why I originally chose Sweetwater. I stayed at the Sweetwater Quality Inn West which was actually quite nice. I really like Tennessee, you are lucky to live there.