Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Sad story of the day & a sincere THANK YOU!

Posted by PulltabPirate 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Sad story of the day & a sincere THANK YOU!
May 14, 2011 06:04PM
Just got my F75LTD in the mail from Tmanly!!! BEAUTIFUL machine! THANKS Tom!! First of all, a sincere THANK YOU to NASA Tom for providing this amazing forum, TManly & all you guy's who helped me decide on the F75 & who continue to provide me info. on how to use it! I've been out of detecting for 8 or 9 years playing "Rock Star" but those days are over & time to get back to my other passion - diggin' up pulltabs and other treasures! LOL - So I'm a decade "behind the times" and feel like an idiot when reading y'alls EDUCATED Posts! I AM learning thank's to Y'all!! The sad thing is, I have a neck/shoulder injury (Subluxated C-6 disk in neck) & won't be able to even use this machine for TWO MONTHS! Imagine staring at this Caddylack of 'Tectors & being under strict orders not to do anything that makes me lean down or bend over! Boo Hoo right?! Well at least thanks to you guy's I'll be @#$@ ready when I'm able!!!

Been swingin' a White's since the 70's - 5 machines, Currently an XLT & Fisher F75 LE - 50,000 finds, 30,000 (or so) keepers. Published in the White's catalog. Always looking for good/decent hunting buds! Get in touch!
Re: Sad story of the day & a sincere THANK YOU!
May 14, 2011 08:07PM
Sorry to hear that. I have neck & back problems, too, & my swinging is limited. I had neck surgery 12 years ago on my mid-upper neck which helped a lot, but I still have buldging disks on the lower part. Most days I can live with it. Take it very easy til it gets better.
May 14, 2011 08:33PM
Sounds like a good opportunity for some serious bench-testing.
May 14, 2011 08:53PM
Bench testing and research. Keep a pad and pencil in the car, and whenever you are traveling around and come across a spot that you think would have potential, write down the address, do some research and if it's privately owned, see if you can track down the owner and ask for permission to hunt.

Research the areas around you that may have been old gathering spots for social events. Remember, coins and jewelry aren't found unless people where there to lose them. Not many raccoons and bears dropping Barber dimes, Walking Liberties and gold rings last time I checked !
May 15, 2011 12:27AM
Man, I hate that, I was looking forward to some great find photos. Glad that you are happy and keep me informed and please stay in touch.

Tom in SC
May 15, 2011 05:52AM
Hey Pulltab. Turn the bad news into an opportunity to make it something good. In the upcoming hot summer months hit the local librarys and do a ton of research. Have someone build you a test garden so when you are up to it you can slowly start swinging your new machine without digging. Drive around and check out places. Talk to some of the old folks in your area. Look for chances along the "old" roads; the empty lots and now open fields. Find out who owns them, get permission, and plan the hunts when you are up to it. Read everything you can get your hands on. Turn this temporary bad thing into a good thing and look forward to the fun. John
May 15, 2011 11:39AM
My advice is to take it slow lest you aggravate the situation. Yep time to hit the books, library and even scout out potential areas. In my 20's used a long bow which gave me a tennis elbow which took years to finally heal. Of course now we have the compound bows and different equipment....guess I was born too early..In any case if it hurts leave it lie and if it feels good do it which covers life in general and am sure in time you will be back in the swing of things(no pun intended)..
PS: Indeed detecting is a different ballgame from years ago and with a new unit the off time book learning and researching the new unit should shorten yor learning period once you hit the fields...
May 16, 2011 12:40AM
Thanks guy's & some good suggestions! That's why I'm on here so much & doing research too. Already got some great sites "supposedly" lined up. A few I pounded in years past & hopefully a CW site or two. SO, prepare for some more of my stupid questions in the weeks (& months) to come!!

Been swingin' a White's since the 70's - 5 machines, Currently an XLT & Fisher F75 LE - 50,000 finds, 30,000 (or so) keepers. Published in the White's catalog. Always looking for good/decent hunting buds! Get in touch!
Pirate.......Re: Sad story of the day & a sincere THANK YOU!
May 16, 2011 02:33AM
There are no stupid questions............however, sometimes there are stupid answers......smiling smiley
Focus on taking care of the health issue with as much enthusiasm as the detecting.
May 16, 2011 03:26PM
Hang in there I am sure if you rest and everything goes to plan you will be good as new..you can make a test garden watch videos and see if after your neck repair if there is a collar you can wear to take the stress off your neck till you recover...You may have to learn how do detect a little different but it does take time to recover..If you have a friend he can detect and you can at least be out seeing your machine in action..hang in there

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!