Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

South Texas getting pounded thumbs up

This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
South Texas getting pounded thumbs up
August 26, 2017 05:07PM
The eye of hurricane Harvey has rested upon my house as I make this post. Damage has been very severe throughout our small town although I have fared pretty good. The storm is moving very slow (2-3mph) as we await the other half to emerge. Besides the 75mph winds we had here the rain continues to pour. It is expected to last 3-4 more days with totals up to 25-30 inches. Guess metal detecting will be pretty good after everything settles down.
Re: South Texas getting pounded thumbs up
August 26, 2017 06:36PM
Been thinking about you guys down there and remembering the hurricanes I went through in Texas back in the 80's....a bit unnerving to say the least.

We lost power for a few days. Had to pull the battery from my truck to power my shrimp aerator to put into the fish tank to keep my Oscar alive. There was a couple inches of glass on the street in Houston from all the broken windows from the skyscrapers.
August 26, 2017 09:23PM
I couldn't imagine having winds that strong & all that rain. Hope everyone down there is safe.
August 27, 2017 03:47PM
Good luck to you folks affected by the storm.
August 27, 2017 05:02PM
Hope all is well to the People Of Texas and Land of the great ZZ Top!
August 27, 2017 05:52PM
Please stay safe.......your family and you. Our prayers go out for y'all.
August 27, 2017 07:46PM
We are with you even here in Poland - Europe... we was struggle with hurricane wind few weeks ago. Few peoples killed and hundred kilometers of forest destroyed with houses... nightmare.
August 27, 2017 10:44PM
Prayers appreciated for our Texas neighbors...Remember took a weeks vacation to help my wifes brother in 72 flood of NE Pa. Still hate the smell of floodmud...
August 28, 2017 01:41PM
All you coastal guys take care. Looks like its going to continue to move down the coast.

HH
Mike
August 31, 2017 12:41PM
Charles,
Hope you are coping with the mess.
Thinking about and all the rest of the folks.

I still don't think many folks realize just how bad this really is.

Case in point.
If I could wave a magic wand today and make all the water go away, and then give folks the money they need for repairs.
There likely right now isn't even enough materials available in the USA to do the repairs.

Manpower too might be short too for repairs.
Very concerned with folks homes with likely no heat or air conditioning.
Winter is not that far off.

Be safe Charles.
Others here too if affected.