Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Been awhile since I've posted but I gotta ask

Posted by Kurt-NE 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Been awhile since I've posted but I gotta ask
July 07, 2008 03:02AM
In the last year or so there have been some new detectors come out. Fisher seems to be at the head of the pack at turning these things out every couple of months. I have used the F75, F2, and now the F5. They are all good machines. The question I have for you is why are these machines with the fast target responce so suseptible to interference and why are they so jittery? Is this an inherent trait with the technology that is availible? Is it possible to make a 3D or Eterra with a comparable responce time without the issues that are so commonly brought up with the F series machines. I do have to say that the F5 has been the most enjoyable to use out of those three. But if there was a 3D or Xterra with the responce time of the F75 you couldn't pry it out of my hands.

Thanks Tom for all you do for this addiction(hobby).

Kurt
Re: Been awhile since I've posted but I gotta ask
July 07, 2008 03:10AM
I just purchased a brand new F75 tonight, to be delivered on Tuesday...I heard great things about them from so many people...I would feel if it's jittery to you, maybe you have a bit of electrical interference from the air...but your post makes me feel as if you have at least enough experience to know that, so, now I am asking you, what have you done besides lowering Sensitivity to help avoid that problem, and how well did it work? Anything I should know? I am not bumbed out about this, like i said, i heard from many it's a great machine, I just would like ANY help at this point to help me to get to know the machine a little better than i do now, before I receive it.
-mike
July 07, 2008 03:33AM
The F75 is a super machine. Very fast responce time coupled with being very sensitive to the point where you can over due it and the machine will become erratic. Proper GB is a must. The discrimination is different than any other machine out there. I usually set it at 6. Many times people will think there machine is getting interference just because there is actually that much stuff in the ground. Most machines won't pick it all up. In the cases where I did run into interference I found that the frequency shift really didn't help much. Some places were just unhuntable with that machine. Good reason to have a cz in your pocket. Just don't wrap it around a tree the first couple times that you want to. Give it some time and a whole lot of swinging and it will come to you.

Kurt
July 07, 2008 03:40AM
I am about to order me a F75 very soon. Make sure you don't have a cell phone on in your pocket when you are detecting. I know I forget from time to time.
July 07, 2008 07:57PM
I got mine from Larry at NWI Metal Detectors...he never wants to make a dime off you if he doesn't need to...in other words, tell him you need something, and if he feels like you are wasting your money, he would rather lose the sale and tell you why you would be wasting your money,..honest guy (Though most are in our hobby).

-Mike
July 08, 2008 02:29AM
The extremely tight electromagnetic footprint of the coil generates a very high density energy field corridor. In order to ascertain acceptable depths that these new detectors can acquire.... the sensitivity needs to be boosted to tremendous levels; subsequently increasing the odds of boosting (potential) spurious oscillations found in some common atmospheric conditions. Now.......... couple this with a microprocessor that takes MANY MANY snap-shots per/second for analyzation,,,,,, and you set yourself up for 'potentially' noisy operating characteristics. ALL OF THIS because we demand extremely enhanced adjacent target seperation characteristics. A worthwhile trade-off! Learn this noisy machine, harness it's potential...... and you will be justly/quantifiablly rewarded.

Tom