Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Perusing the posts...

Posted by Dan-Pa. 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Perusing the posts...
July 04, 2011 01:51PM
Gee everyone is looking for the best detector....well guys and gals there isn't one as if there was everyone would have one and all the manufacturers would be out of business. Heck post the best metal detector and why and might get a dozen different opinions from 12 different answers from competent individuals. Heck I should know as I have been a regular on the buy-sell forums for years and must have tried a hundred of them and yes in competent hands a well learned unit will find the goodies. Nearing the end of my detecting due to age and health and with my best years behind me started out with the original CZ6 and now have a CZ5 and standing along side of a field with known deep silver alongside of the other 12 fellows on a two hour hunt would certainly hold my own. Has it been fun, have I learned a lot sure have but the the most important aspects I have found is do your research buy a top of the line unit that fits your needs and learn it well and you will prosper and have fun along the way and do smell the roses as having fun is more important than a full pouch but a full pouch does make it more enjoyable..
Re: Perusing the posts...
July 04, 2011 04:16PM
Thanks Dan. I enjoyed the drive out to a site and driving around in a new area the other day, as much as swinging the machine. And ironically, I was detecting next to a rose garden in a park. Found a 1918s penny in extra fine condition while smelling those roses.
July 05, 2011 12:22AM
I have an uncle that im sure is well beyond your age and had to give up detecting many years ago. But.... i still take the time when im in town to swing by and show him some of my resent finds. Its not longer the hunt he can enjoy.... but the smile on his face when hes says .... ive found many of those let me tell you about them. To me this is a big part of the hobby ... making memories and talking about old friends and finds.

Dew
July 05, 2011 02:58AM
Yep still remember the planted club hunts where we had 200 plus on the field including many from neighboring States..Lunchtime and breaks between the hunts were the best part as we mingled..Heck at one hunt a fellow in his 90's won a prize for being the oldest so not hanging up my boots yet even if they don't get as dirty as much anymore.
July 05, 2011 06:01AM
Dan.....that's the Attitudesmiling smiley
July 05, 2011 11:11AM
Life is about "creating memories".
July 05, 2011 03:43PM
Hang in there Dan, you (we) ain't done yet!!!-----They ain't gettin my tector(s) till they pry it/them from my cold, dead hands!------Man, I'm thinking about buying another one!------Now to get my back & right arm feeling a little better! grin-----------Del
Del.......Re: Perusing the posts...
July 05, 2011 07:39PM
More of that Attitudesmiling smiley....kick that 'too old' prevarication in the a**
July 06, 2011 12:22AM
I remember the club hunts of yesteryear, since moving to Maine 8 years ago, I haven't been able to go to many, love talking to the old timers at the hunts, I remembered when I dug two fugio's at one site and brought them in to the meeting, the guys called me a bleeping %%$4, I felt like one of the gang after that, they taught me so much, best thing they told me was to talk to old people in my area, and I'm still doing it , and Dan, I have the best detector, because I like it smiling smiley