Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

F75 or CZ 3D ? - - Questions and Opinions

Posted by Dan-MO 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
F75 or CZ 3D ? - - Questions and Opinions
June 03, 2011 05:02PM
Hi,

I'm new to this board, but have been detecting about 12 years. My main detector is a battle-tested CZ-7a that has served me very well, but right now it is acting up and will need a trip to Fisher for repairs. I was thinking of buying a new machine, either an F 75 or the CZ 3D, but really haven't been able to choose between the two. The 3D has a real familiar platform, that appears to be hopped up CZ-5 with an extra tone, (I keep thinking CZ 70 was a 4th tone CZ 7a Pro scenario) while the F75 looks like totally new technology and package. So, if this is fair, what would be the definitive selling point for a guy like me who hunts everywhere, and digs everything, and hits a lot of hunted-out parks?

Dan
Re: F75 or CZ 3D ? - - Questions and Opinions
June 03, 2011 05:49PM
How is the soil you hunt in . Thats were i would start.
June 03, 2011 08:14PM
No brainer use what you are used to...As far as hopped up...perhaps hyped up ...as properly tuned regular CZ properly tuned will go as deep as a CZ3D...speaking from experience as used both...Nothing against the F75 as many do well with them but expect a learning period and depending your area expect various low or high EMI..
Hate to tell everyone Fisher has no meters for the digital CZ's so hope your CZ7A pro doesn't have meter problems...
June 03, 2011 09:44PM
Thanks for the reply. I guess after 10 years with this machine I know it pretty well, but it is getting road weary and looking its age. I'm a tall guy and have the rod extended as far as it will go, and it wobbles near the control box and won't tighten enough. I fear some day I'll have to hang it on the wall for lack of parts. As of now, no problem with the meter, just some kind of squealing electrical glitch. The soil in the areas I hunt is not very hot, and I have dug 8" Indians and Barbers, so I know it will go deep. Like you say, I was going to stick with what I was used to, and get my CZ fixed, but was still considering a new machine and looking for real world info from real users.

Thanks,

Dan in MO.
June 04, 2011 01:11AM
Welcome to the forum Dan!

Both machines are equally deep but the CZ will be more familiar to you, so that's an advantage coming right out of the gate. The F75 has better target separation and superior ergonomics; it can be swung all day long. You seem to keep detectors for a long time and I suspect the F-platform will outlive the CZ line, so parts should be available well into the future.
June 04, 2011 01:37AM
I have hunted with the Cz3 for a few years and the F75 then the LTD. I would say that the F75 and LTD are way faster and way better at reading iron and better at masking the Cz may be deeper but I can't be sure. I have moved on to the g2 and find it all the LTD was and more for my type of hunting and ground. I think you could get a used CZ3 and a g2 for the price of the LTD?

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
In all fairness to Tom and Fisher...
June 04, 2011 01:19PM
Tom was instrumental in the making of the CZ3D and has the ability to fine tune the beast but it is easily masked and its weight and ergonomics are a minus but its build quality is not and either is its lack of EMI or user friendly aspect and really is an advantage over a conventional CZ for real old areas as the new concept works..

On the other hand I have talked to Fisher tech's and in many instances are getting a bad rap relative tuning and build quality and service, however the F series sure are light with excellent ergonomics and like the CZ's go deep with proper setup and in many areas are subject to EMI and do expect a learning period and yes imagine Fisher will have parts for many years as F series are the new concept while CZ having a 20 year run are in my opinion on the way out and parts could be a problem in the near future....
Re: In all fairness to Tom and Fisher...
June 04, 2011 01:54PM
Dan MO..........If you get a chance (time permitting)..........go to the main/home-page of this forum......and read a few of the "Fisher Intelligence" articles (left side of the web-site page). This should help you a bit more.
Re: In all fairness to Tom and Fisher...
June 27, 2011 02:05AM
Hello Dan. One thing struck me in your initial question. You made the comment that you are the type who "digs everything". I guarantee you will be spending A LOT of time digging with the F75 platform......it will hit on more than you might expect...add the BP mode of the LTD and you might as well camp out at your park and get an address there for your mail because you are not leaving anytime soon! Just a little true humor. Anyway...its been a few weeks since your post...any decision?
July 02, 2011 03:13PM
Thanks to all who replied here. Right now, Fisher has my old CZ7a, should be back home any day now. Parts and repairs less than $200. When I get it back, all spruced up and re-calibrated, I'm going to see if it is any hotter than before. As far as an upgrade, if I can get a good deal on one, I think the CZ3D would have to get my vote for now. I have an affinity for the CZ. I keep thinking how my old hunting buddy using an Explorer never dug many nickels. The very first old coin I ever dug was an 1892 V, then a few days later an 1866 Shield that he wouldn't dig because he thought it was junk. My CZ said it was a nickel.

FloridaBob: Hmmm... camping out at the park, it would save on gas. I really do dig most everything that beeps in my old parks,

NASA-Tom: I have read everything I could find that you have made available. I think I still have Volume 1 of Fisher Intelligence around somewhere. I guess it is time for me to get your DVD. You are truly the CZ Wizard.
July 04, 2011 12:46PM
I will just comment that I recently had repairs & recalibration done by Fisher to my CZ5 & I am VERY pleased !
July 05, 2011 03:19AM
Hi Tom, What do you charge to do check up? Can you do them on a CZ6a? Flintstone
July 05, 2011 11:10AM
It depends on 'what' you want performed on your CZ-6a. I can convert it to a CZ-3D and fully validate/calibrate it................or keep it a CZ-6a and fully calibrate/validate it as-is. You can send me a PM with your interests/intent.
July 05, 2011 11:12AM
I would say keep your cz7a and treat yourself to a f-75 LTD. Even though you are familiar with the cz, learning the 75 is cake. The speed and seperation of the 75 means alot around the old home sites for old coins. The further away from the old home, you can use the cz where the nails are less, not as much masking. The cz isn't as noisy when swinging, but what does that tell ya? After you get the hang of the 75, and don't mind information overload it may be the first machine you grab for all hunting. I have only had about ten hours on a 1021 3d and years on a 75 and this is my opinion... for now.