Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

CZ 8 inch coil covers...

Posted by Dan-Pa. 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
CZ 8 inch coil covers...
July 07, 2008 03:14PM
We all know how hard the coil cover is to remove and yes it does collect a lot of dirt that should be removed. A new lightweight cover has come out that can be taken off at will to clean it and protects the coil as well as the old one black or white.It will only fit newer CZ's and have used it on the CZ70 and CZ3D but just won't fit the older CZ's as I imagine the coil is tad bit bigger.
So if you have a newer CZ and imagine newer CZ5's are applicable might look into it as it solves an age old problem especially for those fellows that hunt saltwater beaches..
Kas
Re: CZ 8 inch coil covers...
July 07, 2008 05:13PM
I don't use a coil cover. You lose a little bit of depth with a coil cover so that 1/8 inch may allow you to reach a coin that you can't with a cover.

Coils aren't all that expensive, and I think Tom has spoken to the fact that he's never worn a coil out, as he doesn't use a cover either.

Ken
July 07, 2008 10:14PM
I noticed that in Tom's video's and agree with him. Just got used to coil covers as I try a lot and helps when selling. Indeed 1/8 of an inch could cause one to loose a coin but heck improper ground balancing and poor settings could cost one inches and stability. In any case coil cover 10 bucks...coin probably 10 times or more so the added protection is worth it to me...Again whatever works...
July 08, 2008 01:57AM
Coil cover = 1/8" thick.

PLUS

Very small air-gap between coil cover and coil = 1/8"

1/8" + 1/8" = 1/4".

Loss of 1/4" depth.... PLUS..... add salts/bad dirt/minerals ... sloshing around in that air-gap. Hmmmmm ,,,, I'd rather replace a coil every decade..... and find those (1/4") slightly deeper coins/relics.

Food-for-thought.

Tom