Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Here's the new Minelab Equinox

Posted by ghound 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Here's the new Minelab Equinox
September 16, 2017 08:00AM

The EQUINOX Series has been designed for the serious coin & treasure enthusiast looking to upgrade to a high performance detector, without the high cost. It’s also suitable for the new detectorist, having several pre-set modes for different detecting locations. The EQUINOX Series features Minelab’s STATE-OF-THE ART Multi-IQ simultaneous multi-frequency technology and combines fast recovery speed with low-latency wireless audio in a lightweight waterproof platform.

3 Detect Modes (Park, Field, Beach)
4 Frequency Options (5kHz, 10kHz, 15kHz, Multi)
Wired Bluetooth Headphones Supplied

4 Detect Modes (Park, Field, Beach, Gold)
6 Frequency Options (5kHz, 10kHz, 15kHz, 20kHz, 40kHz, Multi)
Bluetooth Headphones and WM 08 Wireless Module Supplied

“EQUINOX, with Multi-IQ, has the potential to obsolete all the traditional VLF detectors that enthusiasts have been using for decades.” –Minelab Electronics Pty Ltd.

Expected retail prices are:

EQUINOX 600 USD 649
EQUINOX 800 USD 899

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/16/2017 08:03AM by ghound.
Re: Here's the new Minelab Equinox
September 16, 2017 08:10AM
Game over!
I'll take an 800 please!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/16/2017 08:11AM by Cabin Fever.
September 16, 2017 08:14AM
September 16, 2017 08:25AM
Just looks like a Deteknix Quest
September 16, 2017 08:29AM
How about a nice used CTX 3030? Reckon anybody's going to feel funny? Guess minelab got tired of fixing 3030's.

Should be a real game changer. The price should really hit XP, if the simultaneous multi freq works well, everybody is in trouble.

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/16/2017 08:53AM by lytle78.
September 16, 2017 08:29AM
Ohhh my. Can't wait to see and hear more about this one. I will also take an 800. Lol. That changes the game...especially the multi option and water proof.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/16/2017 08:38AM by Daniel Tn.
September 16, 2017 08:37AM
Just watched a vid on it, it's loaded with features!
September 16, 2017 08:43AM
800 for me too! Brandon Neice just had it on facebook live and it looks sweet! He said it has been his #1 machine for a while now and it relegated his ctx to #2. has reactivity, tone breaks,high speed bluetooth wireless or a module like the wm10 only its much smaller and called wm8. said its the fastest machine he has ever swung...

[www.facebook.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/16/2017 08:45AM by bigboar.
September 16, 2017 08:47AM
We asked for it and we got it!!!

Light, waterproof and fast!!!

Looks like it's answered the Deus!!!

Li-polymer power???

I wonder how it sounds... what size the speaker is???

I'm sure there'll be some who will hate it!!!!

I called the money right...899.00

I want one please send me an 800.....'
September 16, 2017 09:02AM
ML hype was right --- it is a game changer.....
September 16, 2017 09:03AM
@Bigboar

Looks like a nice rig. However I do not by the bit about the ctx being his number 2 machine now haha. A machine he has been using for years that is. Will haft to wait for some honest reviews without the salesman pitches.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/16/2017 09:06AM by Diggs4ever.
September 16, 2017 09:06AM
I hope they offer a few coils, I need a 5-6" at least.
September 16, 2017 09:16AM
I've not been as excited about a machine in years, the spec is everything i want in a detector.
Looks like the rest of the manufacturers might be playing catchup!
September 16, 2017 09:18AM
ghound Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I've not been as excited about a machine in years,
> the spec is everything i want in a detector.
> Looks like the rest of the manufacturers might be
> playing catchup!

Looks like they went after the Deus and the AT max all in one machine. Who wants my money smiling smiley
September 16, 2017 09:21AM
xp deus have no worries as its a set system that cant be broken down into modules .guys in the UK that work the night shift love the deus as its easy transportable
September 16, 2017 09:25AM
I like my Deus, but the freq choice offered here aswell as the multi freq option is mental at that price point.
diggers Wrote:
> xp deus have no worries as its a set system that c
> ant be broken down into modules .guys in the UK th
> at work the night shift love the deus as its easy
> transportable
September 16, 2017 09:29AM
It doesn't look well-balanced, though if it's lightweight they can get away with it, like XP do with the Deus+stock coil.

I'm guessing that it doesn't use the BBS/FBS frequencies (3.125kHz & 25kHz) for its multi-freq mode, as they aren't included in its single freq options - maybe it does 5k / 40k ? maintaining the 1:8 ratio, though 5k / 20k or 10k / 40k would be workable.

Further thoughts:
If the rumours of it using the Whites DFX method of multi-frequency are true, then plausible operating frequencies are 5kHz & 15kHz. Whites use 3kHz &15kHz, maintaining this 1:5 ratio would mean 5k / 25k operation, and 25k was not one of the Equinox' single-freq choices...

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 09/17/2017 08:57PM by Pimento.
September 16, 2017 09:31AM
If it has the ID capibilities of the ctx and depth then voys oh boys this will be the cats meow. Only down fall so far is you cannot break it down as easily as a deus or even ctx for that matter. I wish they would of put the clamp system on it like the ctx has.
September 16, 2017 09:42AM
It looks to be a 3 piece stem, guess it might be small enough when the all slide in?

Diggs4ever Wrote:
> If it has the ID capibilities of the ctx and depth
> then voys oh boys this will be the cats meow. Only
> down fall so far is you cannot break it down as ea
> sily as a deus or even ctx for that matter. I wish
> they would of put the clamp system on it like the
> ctx has.
September 16, 2017 09:49AM
It is just a cheap mid range detector it won't make anything obsolete not in the slightest, it might be just a replacement for the Xterra, there is no way will it replace the CTX.
September 16, 2017 10:00AM
Cheap - yes, very cheap. Mid range?? Not likely unless it is crippled in some way. The devil is in the details - sensitivity, recovery speed, SAT function, ground tracking, EMI susceptibility - all the usual stuff.

Hard to see how a $900 detector with simultaneous multifreq. doesn't seriously challange XP' s Deus.

Whether it will challenge the 3030 depends on it's multifreq performance as well as the flexibility of chosing a,ong 4 single freq options - oh yes, and at less than half the price.

For what it's worth, here's another prediction - US service will be in Chacago - swap out only - no need for tech or test equipment. The modular design makes that easy to implement.

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold
September 16, 2017 10:14AM
This is nothing more than a cheaper rival to the Impact more than any thing else, the clue is in the pricing this is 800 bucks the CTX is 2500/3000, they are not going to release a machine for 800 dollars that can beat their 3000 dollar machine because they would end up loosing 2200 dollars and that does not make good business sense to shoot them selves in the foot.

people need to keep things in perspective. like I said compare the prices that's where the answer lies.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/16/2017 10:18AM by auminesweeper.
September 16, 2017 10:32AM
Have they quoted the weight yet ? it looks like it could be around 2.5lbs
September 16, 2017 10:35AM
sanjuro Wrote:
> Have they quoted the weight yet ? it looks like it
> could be around 2.5lbs

Well that's got to be a good thing, people have been asking for light machines for a few years now, it's good that they are starting to listen. But it's design has a few problems so it is not very well thought out.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/16/2017 10:41AM by auminesweeper.
September 16, 2017 10:56AM
If it gets good depth........ its just what a beach hunter has been looking for. Simple and light. The CZ, Xcal and CTX could really get some competition from it. Its got the right freqs we want...... if it has an option to use PP like the Xcal...... they will sell these like hot cakes to the beach hunters. Id be willing to loose a little depth for the ability to switch to a gold mode on the dry sand .....which would make up the difference over a ctx or other salt water machines. Just wonder how much hunting you can get on a charge? That could make a real difference. Hopefully its a plug in like the Xcal so you dont have to open a box.

Dew
September 16, 2017 11:09AM
Not so sure, with current technology the days of high priced (CTX ect) high performance hobby detectors could very well be in the past.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
In a democracy, it is difficult to win fellow citizens over to your own side, or to build public support to remedy injustices that remain all too real when you fundamentally misunderstand how they see the world.
September 16, 2017 11:12AM
Jackpine Wrote:
> Not so sure, with current technology the days of h
> igh priced (CTX ect) high performance hobby detect
> ors could very well be in the past.

I think it might be more about ML wanting to challenge Nokta/Makro.
September 16, 2017 11:18AM
John, on spec comparison alone Nokta/Makro and many others are already instantly old news, if it lives upto it you might need to sell your MXT lol

auminesweeper Wrote:
> Jackpine Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Not so sure, with current technology the days of
> h
> > igh priced (CTX ect) high performance hobby dete
> ct
> > ors could very well be in the past.
>
> I think it might be more about ML wanting to chall
> enge Nokta/Makro.
September 16, 2017 11:20AM
For sure a rival to those. In terms of profitability should add more to the bottom line than the Overly expensive CTX so why not give it great performance and sell a ton of 'em?

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
In a democracy, it is difficult to win fellow citizens over to your own side, or to build public support to remedy injustices that remain all too real when you fundamentally misunderstand how they see the world.
September 16, 2017 11:23AM
ghound Wrote:
> John, on spec comparison alone Nokta/Makro and man
> y others are already instantly old news, if it liv
> es upto it you might need to sell your MXT lol
>
> auminesweeper Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Jackpine Wrote:
> > ------------------------------------------------
> --
> > -----
> > > Not so sure, with current technology the days
> of
> > h
> > > igh priced (CTX ect) high performance hobby de
> te
> > ct
> > > ors could very well be in the past.
> >
> > I think it might be more about ML wanting to cha
> ll
> > enge Nokta/Makro.

Lol, heaven forbid hahaha,

I think I would rather use the Impact, or the Fors Relic at a pinch, this one just does not make sense to me,