Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Anyone else

Posted by gman 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Anyone else
September 10, 2011 08:42PM
Of 3 machines, i can grab for any one for a hunt and be very happy.
I know Dan Pa will say learn one and learn it well and he is correct .
My Gold Bug easy on the mind
F75 SE the heavy hitter
CZ 3D you know the deal
I do use them site specific but seem to rotate them with my gut feel on that day
Am i alone here or are there others..
Re: Anyone else
September 10, 2011 08:48PM
Se Pro or my Mxt

My eyeglasses, as I find more stuff by just paying attention.
September 10, 2011 09:08PM
I agree with you gman, 'to do the job right, you have to use the right tool'. Old shop teacher saying. :]

My 75 needs repair, the PP/FG/F switch is bad. I've been using my 1021 since purchasing it a couple months ago. The SE I borrowed has been leaning against the wall collecting dust. Jeez, that reminds me, I better go pull the battery pack out of it.
September 10, 2011 09:38PM
Good use of the choices, gman winking smiley For a cleaner site with less junk, the CZ-3D will whip ANY detector out there. For a site on the heavier side with trash and/or iron, I'd have to go F75 or Gold Bug as well. The combination of lightening fast processor with the DD coil is a tough game to beat.
September 11, 2011 02:33AM
I have the E-trac and the CZ-3D. I have been using the CZ-3D for about the last month and a half. The E-trac I love,But the weight and balance just wears me out. I can swing the CZ-3D pretty much all day with very little arm fatique. Plus using the CZ-3D is like being with and old friend as I have had used CZ's of one make or another on and off for the past 10 years. I am sure the big E will be back out before the ground freezes. But rite now I'm just having too much fun with the CZ-3D!
September 11, 2011 06:56AM
My single Omega. I let the 3 different coils take the place of additional detectors. Poor man's solutionsmiling smiley
September 11, 2011 01:21PM
Whatever works might sum it all up...some units just seem to work better in some areas and of course we all have our favorites. I honestly feel its a personal decision as having used more units than I want to count and mention any of the units you have imagine one or many forum members could give good arguments why their unit is the best..
Good luck in your decision as you know which one you feel confident with and does the job.
Thats why I post so much on this forum as its not brand specific and imagine give a tip or two in laymans terms and
honestly learn a thing or two myself.
September 11, 2011 03:50PM
Having options is always a great thing and undoubtedly will lead to increased abilities given the prevailing set of conditions at a particular site at a particular point in time. As a relatively new detectorist I favor a machine that has a broad spectrum of capabilities in lieu of a machine that excels in one specific area. With that said; in time, I imagine that I will assemble a formidable collection of detectors/coil that will meet any challenge in the field or personal hunting interest ; plus, as they say, variety is the spice of life. Gman; you have a nice arsenal there; spot on with my wish list...credence is also given to the learn one and master it philosophy, but that philosophy can easily be trumped by personal and or technological evolutions. I must say though that, with the caliber of machines on the market these dats, it is an involved process to find the stand-apart detector since they all; in their own way, offer so much...great time to be a detectorist...
G'day& HH
Steve
September 11, 2011 07:38PM
I have a different one for each day of the week with 3 for sunday
September 12, 2011 09:44AM
Beware the man with one gun.
September 12, 2011 10:36AM
I have 3 detectors I use, my problem is to either bring the shovel or the sand scoop
September 12, 2011 05:16PM
Excellent Tom....((Beware the man with one gun.)) but

((so many detectors so little time))

Seriously hunted with an XLT guru for years and would still put him against anyone with their weapon of choice....
Heck he never even thought of another unit but did use the 5.3 coil at times....
September 12, 2011 10:22PM
I like the Fisher F5 and the Tesoro Golden/Cleansweep combo best for what I do.

HH
Mike