Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Place creeped me out......Put the finds back and left..

Posted by Keith Southern 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Place creeped me out......Put the finds back and left..
September 18, 2017 06:09PM
Was back about 5 miles off a paved road on a creek..

Was up on a ridge and saw a big oak tree down next to the creek ..worked my down there and and in middle of nowhere was this house looked about 1930s or so..hard to believe it was still standing as good as it was..Deer hunters might f kept it for a hunting shack or something??

I was hoping it was a house site from the war but was surprised to see it still there..

I said well not old enough ..started to leave but then said maybe i'll cherry pick for a few minutes...tons of trash everywhere...did get a couple of wheats 29 and a 31...and brass zippo lighter....

Whole time I was around that house I had an uneasy feeling...and I'm not superstitious but felt like I wasn't welcome like I was being watched..kept hearing heavy footsteps through the woods around me..((probably squirrels playing)).... So I decided to put the finds back and just back out...Might of kept a good find I had one though eye rolling smiley

I have at times found older structures in the woods long forgot like this...But never felt uneasy about them till now..

2017-09-18_01-43-55

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
Re: Place creeped me out......Put the finds back and left..
September 18, 2017 06:15PM
You never know you may have got your picture taken.
September 18, 2017 06:18PM
Woods - I hate the damned things - it's why I live in a desert.

On holiday (till tomorrow) - out picking mushrooms in the woods in Norway a couple of weeks age - red spot on my thigh a couple of days later - blasted tick got me - spot got bigger, called my doc in the US - did a black market deal on a streetcorner in Portugal to get the right antibotics for the blasted Lyme disease bacillus....

Don't blame you for freaking out in the woods - I hate woods!

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold
September 18, 2017 06:29PM
Come on Keith, You ain't scared of No Haints are You? Ha
September 18, 2017 06:30PM
I love the woods ...stay in them all the time...

Never had Lyme disease that I know of Rick..

probably got it though...

Sorry to hear about your ordeal..

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
September 18, 2017 06:33PM
im sorry but this isn't Equinox related. Just kidding LOL
September 18, 2017 06:33PM
Ha ha...

Nah.It was daylight Harold..

Have encountered weird stuff on night hunts though..

Yet there's nothing like being in a camp on moonlit night digging relics in the middle of nowhere..

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
September 18, 2017 06:39PM
Maybe they got my good side..

What a minute I don't have a bad side...

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
September 18, 2017 06:40PM
LOL..

Yeah trying to break up the SPECULATION..

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
September 18, 2017 07:09PM
No ordeal Keith, the mushrooms were "to die for" ----oops -- they were delicious.

The tick bite will be resolved through the miracles of modern medicne.

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold
September 18, 2017 07:21PM
Thats why I carry dependsspinning smiley sticking its tongue out and my friend Glock!
September 18, 2017 07:27PM
I hear ya Tex..

I prefer S&W. .45 Full size stainless myself!!

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
September 18, 2017 07:45PM
Used to take my rotty with me on hunts, especially in the dark winter evenings, can't carry a handgun here, well not legally....
September 18, 2017 08:05PM
After seeing those Missing 411 youtube videos the woods creep me out even though I'm surrounded by them! I was lost digging in a pine forest once. Could not see the sun. A turkey came out of a tree and landed behind me! Scared the Hell out of me. Ran into Moonshiners once and found a dead guy in a Car. Nice
September 18, 2017 08:23PM
LoL

Creepy looking place for sure. I'd be a bit hesitant to hunt something like that unless I had a sidearm w/me too!
September 18, 2017 08:24PM
Black Water Hattie lived back in the swamp
where strange green reptiles crawl
snakes hang thick from cypress trees
like sausages on a smoke house wall
where the swamp is alive with a thousand eyes
an' all them watchin' you
stay off the track to Hatties shack in the back of the Black bayou.
September 18, 2017 08:41PM
Not to freak you out Keith, But it looks like Herman Munster looking out that small opening in the greenish siding as you took picture. I've had some very weird things happen to me and a few hunting buddies a few years ago that would make a believer outta the most skeptical. Stay safe

John
September 18, 2017 09:07PM
That is creepy the way it's overgrown like that.

Only the spooks live there now Keith!

Tom

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
In a democracy, it is difficult to win fellow citizens over to your own side, or to build public support to remedy injustices that remain all too real when you fundamentally misunderstand how they see the world.
September 18, 2017 09:54PM
QUIT TALKIN BOUT MY WINTER RETREAT LIKE THAT!!!!----Whoops, sorry for all the yellin---ya got me a bit riled for a minute!hot smiley
September 18, 2017 11:07PM
Know the feeling Keith especially being by yourself. Years ago when I was a young buck. My buddy and I got permission to hunt a promising site. We ask him where is property line was as not to hunt where we shouldn't. He said not to worry there's at least 600 acres behind me that we deer hunt every season no trespassing signs and no issues whatsoever in all the years he'd been living there. So that being said we commenced to swinging the coil. After a few hours way back in the woods we came across a rot iron fence enclosing an area about the size of 2 big front yards. The gate had an old rusted lock and chain. My buddy was to short and heavy to get over the fence so me being the skinny one I climbed over. This was in October and the temp was in the mid 70's. As soon as I hit the ground on the other side the temperature felt liked it dropped 40 degrees. I said to my buddy, look I can see my breath. His response was, come on man lets blow this nite club. I just wanted to see the gravestones and wouldn't be but a minute. In that graveyard were box woods at least 10 foot tall. Graves from a colonel and a lieutenant from the Continental army, 2 CSA headstones, one fellow killed at Cold Harbor, one killed at Seven Pines. And that was just the few I had time to read. I do believe though that this was a family graveyard. But back in those days folks took in the wounded soldiers and cared for them. If they passed they put them in the family cemetery. Didn't find a bunch of relics that day but we did dig a few buttons and bullets. But I did manage to dig a sling buckle in perfect condition. I went back to this same area some 30 years later and could not for the life of me find that cemetery. All the trees that were there back then have been harvested and new growth has taken its place. Hard to recognize much now. But I do remember, every time I look at that sling buckle, how cold that graveyard was and being able to see my breath when it was 70 degrees. How spooky that relic hunt day was. Another memory in the archives of detecting. Hope we got a bunch more to come.
September 18, 2017 11:41PM
I found some old ruins in a canyon in the Arizona desert and had the same feeling. I had bad vibes the whole time that I was there. Kinda the feeling you get when you are laying in bed with your eyes closed and feel someone is looking at you, open your eyes and someone or something is staring at you.

I did some research on the ruins and found out that a long time ago, the Apache Indians attacked the village and killed all of the occupants. The village was never occupied again. I have no doubt there might be some good finds at the site, but don't care for the boo koo bad vibes.
September 18, 2017 11:56PM
I assume you mean this Herman Munster??

Good Catch!!

Had to edit it didn't see it LOL..now I do...

Frankenstein's Hideout it seems

Keith

-Nikola Tesla

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/19/2017 04:44AM by Keith Southern.
September 19, 2017 12:05AM
Keith I had that happen to me one time in the backwoods of Kentucky
one time,I was hunting a Civil campsite on a ridge in the woods by myself and two guys came in behind me ,they yelled at me and said ,what are you doing on our land,I had already got permission to hunt it by the landowner and I knew they where lying,they looked like they had been living under a bridge,I was carrying my 9mm ruger pistol and I made sure they seen it.
One had a shotgun I know,but I told them that I was just looking for Civil War Relics and nothing else,after that they just walked off,but I felt like they watched me get to my car,It was very
Uneasy situation,it probably would have ended up pretty bad if I hadn't had my pistol with me,be careful out there the world is a lot meaner out there now.
September 19, 2017 03:16AM
Probably growers Rick. Cartel, tweakers and nutcases are my only worries in the woods. My wife always worries about Mountain Lions getting me...LMAO! NOPE, my sidearm is there for 2 legged critters.
September 19, 2017 02:20PM
If you hear dueling banjo's ..time to leave....
September 19, 2017 02:31PM
Dan-Pa. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If you hear dueling banjo's ..time to leave....

Ole Keith ain't but about 2 hrs drive from where they filmed that movie. Hehe.

Around here you don't worry about what might happen while you are in the woods. You worry about your vehicle parked while you are in the woods. Meth heads are bad around here and they will steal anything they can get their hands on. They have gotten really bad about doing smash and grabs and getting everything inside, and also popping the hood, cutting your battery cables and stealing car batteries.

I hunted with a guy at DIV a few years ago that said his buddy owned a nice civil war site near Winchester, VA. He dug a lot of CS relics out of it. Then his buddy got married to a crazy lady who told him he couldn't hunt any more, that the soldiers spirits were angry with him for digging their lost belongings and taking it out on her at home. He thought she was joking but she was dead serious.
September 19, 2017 06:29PM
I can relate, Keith.

I was way back in the Manzano mountains just driving around on some dirt forest roads looking for some old cabins and springs and such with my wife. Basically a Sunday drive about. Came to a little park type setting with stone picnic tables and what nots about an acre in size. No one else there that I could see. Looked nice. I slowed down to turn into it to check it out when the hair on the back of my neck stood straight up and I had shivers going up my back. I only paused a second or two and then decided to just drive on past it and keep going. Soon as I got past it all went back to normal. Wife was a bit fussy until I told her what happened. I figure one of my angels or the Holy Spirit was getting my attention and telling me it wasn't safe and for me to just keep on going so I did.

Anyway....

HH
Mike
September 22, 2017 01:21AM
Hear any dueling banjo's??????
September 22, 2017 03:01AM
Daniel Tn Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Dan-Pa. Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > If you hear dueling banjo's ..time to leave....
>
> Ole Keith ain't but about 2 hrs drive from where t
> hey filmed that movie. Hehe.
>
> Around here you don't worry about what might happe
> n while you are in the woods. You worry about your
> vehicle parked while you are in the woods. Meth he
> ads are bad around here and they will steal anythi
> ng they can get their hands on. They have gotten
> really bad about doing smash and grabs and getting
> everything inside, and also popping the hood, cutt
> ing your battery cables and stealing car batteries
> .
>
> I hunted with a guy at DIV a few years ago that sa
> id his buddy owned a nice civil war site near Winc
> hester, VA. He dug a lot of CS relics out of it.
> Then his buddy got married to a crazy lady who tol
> d him he couldn't hunt any more, that the soldiers
> spirits were angry with him for digging their lost
> belongings and taking it out on her at home. He t
> hought she was joking but she was dead serious.

Time to ditch that broad
September 22, 2017 05:17AM
I was hunting black bear in N. California, when I thought to take a quick 5-min nap on a log. It was a few hours from sundown, but when I awoke it was pitch black out. Deep in the woods, with no moon, on a trail used heavily by bear and I couldn't see ten feet in front of me. I started out okay, but in a few moments I felt like there was something following me, and it wasn't human. I would stop, wait, listen --nothing, but the moment I began moving again it was there. It might have been a squirrel or Sasquatch, but a deep dread started to sweep over me. Granted, it was probably my imagination, or a black bear, but either way I took off running in a cold sweat. Never saw anything, but I did manage to slip down a steep incline being all in a hurry getting back to the jeep and bruise myself and scratch the rifle stock. It is best to trust your intuition, but not be reckless with fear. If you feel like things are odd, it is best to take that inner-voice seriously.