Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

So you have decided to purchase an Equinox ! Question

Posted by possum mo 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
So you have decided to purchase an Equinox ! Question
September 18, 2017 06:50PM
What features have pushed your decision to purchase?

The manufacturers will like this thread! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

I have decided to get the 800 myself. In order of most importance for me....

1. multi-frequency choices
2. adjustable reactivity
3.liteweight.
4 Previous Minelabs handle my dirt well
5.price
6.small coil available
7.wireless
8.waterproof
Re: So you have decided to purchase an Equinox ! Question
September 18, 2017 07:22PM
1. Lightweight
2. Lightweight
3. Lightweight
4. Lightweight
5. Fast
6. Fast and supposedly deep
7. Minelab (never had one, always wanted to try one, but: 1, 5)
8. Non wireless
9. Multi-Frequency... ("multi" - must be good)
10. Can be charged during a hunt (not possible with Deus coils)
11. Reasonable price (if it meets the expectations, a great deal)
12. Waterproof (why not - it could rain in the woods)
13. I have a good feeling after watching the available footage

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/18/2017 07:25PM by x2000.
September 18, 2017 07:26PM
Lightweight !!!

More 21 century looking design !!!

Wireless !!!

Seems easy to navigate !

Screen seems easy to read !!

Has a conservative name

Simple overall design setup !

Waterproof !!

PRICE!!!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/18/2017 07:32PM by Sod-buster.
September 18, 2017 07:30PM
N/T

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/18/2017 07:31PM by Keith Southern.
September 18, 2017 07:30PM
I ain't buying till I see more specs.

I want to see the multi freq tech first...

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
September 18, 2017 07:34PM
Performance, performance, performance.

Couldn't care less about the looks, styling, name, etc...I need my detectors to perform.
It's not a fashion show.
September 18, 2017 07:41PM
I ordered one because i'm weak....
September 18, 2017 07:44PM
I love the X-terra 705 and it is VERY similar with more features = purchase
September 18, 2017 07:45PM
Since 1993 when I bought my first Tesoro Bandido and Fisher Gold bug I have bought the latest and greatest detector as they were released. I was always a Tesoro person for years cause they served my purpose well in the heavy iron laden trash homesteads, rail camps and mining areas I love to hunt. I have taken my Deus, Relic, CTX, F75 and a friends Impact back to some of the earlier sites and never found much. The Tesoros cleared it out. I will probably get the Equinox eventually and maybe it will allow me to get rid of some machines but only time will tell. I enjoy using different machines though but I do try to keep the best machines each company has to offer on hand. Maybe the Equinox will replace my CTX, kind of doubt it though at this price. I could be wrong though.
September 18, 2017 07:54PM
It's totally new tech.
September 18, 2017 08:20PM
I,too, like be be an "early adopter" (someone else referred to early adopters as "impulse buyers" when referring to this machine). Nothing "impulsive" about it. It is a calculated purchase. Early adoption of new tech comes with some risks but also comes with benefits that, in my experience, outweighs the risks.

My E-Trac isn't going anywhere. I want a machine to compliment the E-Trac and this one ticks all of the boxes for me... Waterproof, fast, fast, fast, light, wireless, multi, new tech. What's not to like? What remains to be seen is will this machine become my primary or not? My complimentary machine currently is the AT-Gold for those very trashy places. A capable machine but I believe the Equinox offers much more than the Garrett. So, as soon as it is available, I will pre-order one. How impulsive of me!

Dean
September 18, 2017 08:34PM
Pretty much what Dean said above cover my reason for buying.
Need a fast, light, waterproof detector with some chops to go with my E-Trac.
Prospect mode is just a bonus for my nugget hunting with a big coil to compliment my Monster.
Might not need my Gold Racer now since the Equinox will have big coils..
My ultimate goal is to get down to as few detectors as I can and the Equinox might make that much easier to do..

Bryan
September 19, 2017 12:59AM
1. minelab fan boy and I haft to own anything by minelab that has potential
2. hoping the profind 35 might act like a inline probe during future updates
3.waterproof
4 want one to test out head to heads on my YT channel lol
5.love the coil design
6 has a big,medium, and small coil available
7.love that you can use 3rd party wireless earbuds
8. kinda like the fact it doesnt have a 2D-screen. makes finds more fun to uncover like the deus
September 19, 2017 01:12AM
Curiosity , plain and simple
September 19, 2017 01:14AM
I still want to see what early adopters (you folks are not impulse buyers; this is a future purchase based on a thorough review of the product) think of it in the real world, but if its as advertised,

1- Lightweight (far and away #1 for me)
2- ability to force a freq
3- waterproof to 3m
4- price/features ratio

But No Way I'm letting go of my CTX/Target Trace.
September 19, 2017 01:50AM
Something different is my reason. I couldn't care less about weight. None of them are heavy to me. I hunted approx 5 hours Saturday with the CTX 17 inch coil...no harness needed.

I like water hunting more than land hunting these days but do both. Water proof machines are few to choose from. The Garrett AT series can do both but out of the water, I don't like them, and they are pretty much limited to just freshwater. The CTX can do both as far as land coin hunting but not my first choices for relic hunting or iron infested sites. For me, it is strictly a beach/jewelry machine with occasional trips to cherry pick a silver coin or two. So there is a void for me in a machine that is land/freshwater and saltwater capable for the type items I search for. I always have to have multiple machines just to do a handful of different venues of metal detecting. I'm hoping the Equinox can fill that void. Can it? Who knows. It's worth a shot and sounds like it might.
September 19, 2017 02:00AM
Not for me alas,one of the main criteria's for me when buying not only a detect,detector related equipment or infact any major purchase is that i give it a minimum of 12 months time duration from launch to see if any design flaws,problems with software or infact just general wear and tear design faults start appearing.And they do happen from time to time,and over the years this buying criteria of mine has saved me a tremendous amount of money.

Of course from day one this may be the most reliable and most productive detector going and alot of thought has gone into it,but in recent years some new products have thrown up some major problems,hence this is why i stick by my 12 months buying criteria and i have never veered from this decision.
September 19, 2017 10:10AM
I'm with Craig, I like the 705 a lot. Simple and intuitive once you get accustomed to the menu layout and icons.

But, I'm also with Keith on the multi-freq performance. It has to be there!

When is ML going to release specs on this thing? Is multi different in each hunting mode? Does it analyze the ground and pick freqs? We want to know!

Tom

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
In a democracy, it is difficult to win fellow citizens over to your own side, or to build public support to remedy injustices that remain all too real when you fundamentally misunderstand how they see the world.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/19/2017 10:11AM by Jackpine.
September 19, 2017 12:08PM
I'm a Goat. No brainer!
September 20, 2017 12:07AM
Alpha Goat Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm a Goat. No brainer!

Greatest Of All Time=GOAT ??
September 20, 2017 12:33PM
Don't. Like Keith said. No precision specs. I will try to test it first...
September 23, 2017 10:49AM
possum mo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What features have pushed your decision to purchas
> e?
>
> The manufacturers will like this thread! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
>
> I have decided to get the 800 myself. In order of
> most importance for me....
>
> 1. multi-frequency choices
> 2. adjustable reactivity
> 3.liteweight.
> 4 Previous Minelabs handle my dirt well
> 5.price
> 6.small coil available
> 7.wireless
> 8.waterproof

Adjustable iron volume too!

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
In a democracy, it is difficult to win fellow citizens over to your own side, or to build public support to remedy injustices that remain all too real when you fundamentally misunderstand how they see the world.
September 23, 2017 12:32PM
Im waiting as well, but as a beach hunter.......... its light, TID, faster, great price, multi and single freq, high freq for smaller gold than our current machines, waterproof.... this one looks sealed. On our beaches here in FL if its sensitive and deep it could be THE wader to have. Every machine has its trade offs.... but this one offers some significant difference. I dont think there has been enough interest in salt water machines.... but this could change that.
September 23, 2017 01:28PM
Not ONE time have I seen the word Most important to my type hunting,cannon projectiles,-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DEPTH.
September 23, 2017 04:45PM
Multiple individual frequencies
Multiple combined frequencies
Fast
Waterproof
Clean interface
Light weight
Reasonable price
Other coil choices

Too many unanswered questions at this point but it sure has the potential to be a winner. Time will tell.