Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

The future of jewelry hunting

Posted by Daniel Tn 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: The future of jewelry hunting
September 24, 2017 03:24PM
Daniel ......... I believe that I am complete with the learning-curve phase of this Stealth 920iX scoop w/carbon-fiber handle. I think I can (now) confidently say that I am losing only about 45% of my targets in the water... with this scoop. This is an improvement over my 11-lb, 6" round stainless scoop ......with 5/8" size holes. This Stealth scoop does indeed have a harder time digging into the sand over any of my other scoops...... and this is where the bulk of the learning-curve 'retraining' stems from. I'm having to 'jiggle'/oscillate this scoop at a completely different rate/frequency...... in order to get it to sink into the sand. I do indeed like the size/volume of the basket......... I'm liking the composite carbon-fiber handle......... ,,,,,,,,,,,,, I like the length of the tongue.......... I like the speed of the drain/sifting abilities............. I'm comfortable with the 1/2" holes in the scoop........... I like the depth this scoop can ascertain............... but, I'm still not sure if I like/need the Raptor 'D' handle. There are conditions where the D handle helps........ but........ many times....it gets in the way. I have not bent or damaged any part of the scoop. It's quite rugged.