Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Hello all, T2 questions

Posted by charlives 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Hello all, T2 questions
January 11, 2012 12:24AM
I would like to introduce myself to the forum. I love cellar hole hunting in New England with my T2. Well, I don't actually love my T2 yet. I have about 100 hours on it and not competely thrilled. I do love the cellar holes though.

I read an article written by Mr. Dankowski about F75/T2 trash settings. I use and like the program he advocated (T2- sens over 90, disc 21, monotone) but had a few questions.

Should I be using the “1” or the “1+” monotone with this program? I really like the 1+ as it seems to give more information, but maybe at the expense of separation?

Also, Should I be digging (I don’t want to dig iron) repeatable sounds when the VDI is between 21 and 40 in this program? In my normal program (disc 5, high sens, 2+ tones) I never dig these 21 to 40 signals. Thanks for having me on the forum!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/12/2012 12:01AM by charlives.
Re: Hello all, T2 questions
January 11, 2012 01:37AM
Welcome charlives,
I say observe, dig, observe again, make mental note. Do this over and over again, and you will learn.
Ask questions on this forum.
You have a great machine. Have fun!
January 11, 2012 01:23PM
Your 1 or 1+ is dictated by your hearing abilities...... and preference. Yes..... many folks like the modulated 1+ better.

The decomposition status of the iron you are specifically dealing with....... will dictate how many non-ferrous targets will be 'hiding' (partially masked) within the 21 - 40 iron ID range. This is a rough part of the learning curve.......... once again......... dictated by the decomposition status of your specific iron at your specific site. Cellar hole hunting is one of the most difficult types of hunting.......... due to exceptionally high levels of iron targets concentrated in such a small area. You have the right tool (T2 or F75)......... and I would strongly recommend the 5" DD coil for this application......... assuming the iron-target content is the norm (extremely high).
January 12, 2012 12:05AM
Thank you very much guys. So I guess the more decomposition, the more masking.