Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

1021 on E-BAY!

Posted by Harold,ILL. 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
1021 on E-BAY!
January 29, 2012 09:12PM
I can't beleive it! Their was a CZ-3D 1021 on E-BAY that went for 810.00 plus shipping! This is starting to get crazy! I guess the word is out! Man thats alot of money for a used CZ! I guess the economy isn't bad for everyone.
Re: 1021 on E-BAY!
January 29, 2012 09:37PM
After my testing of various CZ of all makes. I'm not buying the BS that 1021s are any better than the rest. There all deep. I'm done with speculation and hearsay. If one machine or brand is better at something than i say prove it. I did !
January 30, 2012 12:45AM
Not ALL the new CZs, the problems are legitimate. I've bought 2 new ones and both were very poor performers.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/30/2012 02:09AM by Aaron.
January 30, 2012 03:07AM
I've had plenty of sub-par CZ's come across my bench.
January 30, 2012 05:27PM
I looked over that CZ pretty closely and coould not find that stated anywhere, what makes you think it was a 1021? Is there something in the photos that betrays it? Just curious to learn how to do it 'cuz I only know to check the SN.
Tom the ignorant

Past(or)Tom
Using a Legend, a Deus 2, an Equinox 800, a Tarsacci MDT 8000, & a few others...
with my beloved, fading Corgi, Sadie
January 30, 2012 05:35PM
E-bay usually good for the seller rel bucks but buying do be careful as lot of non detectorists, shrewdies, flea market guys, pawn shops and the like that don't know a detector from a broom and if they do sell inferior products in many cases. Had real good luck on detector classifieds buying from true hobby members but not so on E-bay.

Of course there are hot and cold CZ's or for that matter the same goes for all other detector products as most are assembled in U.S.A. with foreign parts with poor tolerance factors in many cases...
January 30, 2012 05:48PM
I agree 1000% with Dan. If you buy used, get one from one of the forum members. Forget E-Bay.
January 30, 2012 09:11PM
It was a 1021,I know because I e-mailed him and asked for the serial number and told him where it was located as he said he was selling it for a friend who was now in a nursing home. I don't know if the story is true ,But that is what he said. It must have been because he didn't even mention the fact it was a los banos machine. I must admit I put in a 400.00 bid but once it went past that I said forget it as another will be along.
January 30, 2012 10:10PM
If only I had a supply of 'good' CZ's........... I would 'validate/certify' them...... and sell them for a fair price.......... so as to make sure the 'hard-core' detectorists would know the true value and real performance of a proper CZ. The demand is certainly there.
Some of these machines frankly do not false on iron which makes hunting such a joy!
Re: Let's not forget that there are some amazing earlier run 1121 serial number machines too!
January 30, 2012 10:40PM
It would be interesting to know the serial #, maybe Tom serviced it.
January 31, 2012 03:18AM
Thanks for answering Harold. I have a hard time understanding why one would not lead with that info if they knew what it meant. I didn't think there was a birth mark that everyone else could see and I missed. I noted there was not Q&A attached to the unit. So PMing was the most likely answer and you confirmed it.
I better play with the toys I have.
Tom

Past(or)Tom
Using a Legend, a Deus 2, an Equinox 800, a Tarsacci MDT 8000, & a few others...
with my beloved, fading Corgi, Sadie
January 31, 2012 12:07PM
I questioned the seller too and rec'd the S/N. My snipe of $500 was obviously well short of the mark.

This remains the excitement of EBay; a true auction with a high demand item. I'm sure all the high bidders questioned the seller and knew it was a 1021.
January 31, 2012 02:56PM
I'm not sure as I deleted the e-mail, But I think he said the serial # was 10210662? Once again not 100% ,But that number sticks in my head for some reason. The funny thing is I can't rememeber what I had for breakfast,But I can remember that, LOL.
Yep, that's the correct serial number and it's a good'n too smiling smiley
February 02, 2012 12:36AM
The detector just arrived this afternoon...very well-packed...very nice shape...just tested it out in my finished basement: stable at all sensitivity settings, no end range target smear, hits a clad dime around 12 at a sensitivity 4.8-5.0, ID's dug old nickles,head pennies along with other CZ-3D test items perfectly, minimal falsing on iron...so that's a relief...big chance for big bucks since CZ-3D's performance is so variable...I figured it would go in the $500-600 range but...I still prefer it immensely over a $1500 E-Trac for me...I'll give her a run on Saturday morning smiling smiley
Re: Yep, that's the correct serial number and it's a good'n too smiling smiley
February 02, 2012 01:09PM
Congrat's! And the data you provided is critical info to know.......... not just for me.......... but also for all others of whom like CZ's..... and wonder what a 'correct' performing CZ should do.

((( I think it was well-worth the $810.00 .... for 'correct' performance level ))).
February 02, 2012 02:21PM
Considering some units cost double that amount????....Personally would have to buy that one eye to eye....

I like Tom's idea of validating units and selling them at a decent price.

Gosh if I kept some of the hot babies in my garage that I sold over the years my wallet would be real fat but had to sell to buy the newest better than sliced bread unit....

One wonders if there are still some old stock new ones in small dealers backrooms or perhaps closet queens or even a decent flea market or yard sale one waiting to be pounced on...certainly food for thought....
February 02, 2012 03:11PM
Dan, thats how I got my 1021 3d. Small dealer,old stock, brand new.
February 02, 2012 11:21PM
Chris you got me drooling dude! I should of known you bought that machine. I'm glad to see someone get it who can apreciate it instead of some newbie yuppie. Be sure and let us know if you dig any deepie's! I took mine out today got my first silver of the year. A merc. no big deal ,But it was only about 7'' deep in a spot I hit twice with my E-trac and some how missed? This winter has been awesome! This is the first time in years I could dig in February!