Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Seems one of our own could use some help looking out for Stolen goods

Posted by Keith Southern 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Seems one of our own could use some help looking out for Stolen goods
October 13, 2017 01:33AM
[www.findmall.com]

Can't stand a thief.angry smiley

Seems Monte had his Tahoe broken into

I had my Tahoe loaded Saturday late afternoon (the 7th) for a 3-day detecting jaunt to meet family and friends.

That was interrupted with an Urgent Message my sister received that our mother had had a heart attack and was rushed to a hospital in Portland and was unresponsive so we hurriedly grabbed our changes of clothes and took off on the 400 Mile Drive. We made it here in time and all the family is taking turns staying in the room with her, and after just arriving they decided it was my turn to spend Sunday night to Monday morning.

On Monday the 9th, I was contacted by the hospital security and told a window had been broken out in my Tahoe. I was facing the hospital in a Handicap Apace, 20 ft. from a security camera in a patrolled parking area. There's a good reason I Can't Stand Portland.

Anyway they did a pretty good job of Nokta FORS Relic units and FORS CoRe, as well as Impact are easily identified.

If you live anywhere in the Portland, Oregon / Vancouver, Washington Metro Area or monitor any Craigslist, eBay, or whatever retail buy sell trade outlets there are, please watch for these detectors and notify me immediately if you would. If you happen to see one offered at a pawn shop, please inform the pawn shop that the item is probably stolen and give them my name and contact info:

Monte V. Berry

monte@ahrps.org
.. or ..
monte@stinkwaterwells.com

I will double check when I get home to Vale and add any additional items. Here is the list of everything that was stolen from my vehicle as I know it right now:

1.. Nokta Impact
It had the new 7-inch concentric accessory search coil mounted to it.
I use environmental covers.

1.. Nokta FORS Relic device.
It is easily identifiable because I had the middle and upper rods powder coated to make my Relic a custom-looking unit. The upper and middle rods are a bright Edge Blue color
The Relic had environmental covers
One unit had a white-colored accessory 5" Double D coil on and it had three stickered numbers I applied that that I believe were '20', '30' and '67' or very close to those numbers.

1.. Nokta FORS Relic device.
It is also easily identifiable because I had the middle and upper rods powder coated to make my Relic a custom-looking unit. The upper and middle rods are a bright Edge Blue color
The Relic had environmental covers
This other Relic unit was detached and in a Gray Nokta back-pack detector bag had could have either a black-colored 5" Double D coil on or the standard black-colored 7x 11 Double D coil .

1.. Nokta FORS CoRe model.
It is also equally identifiable as I had the middle rod and upper rods powder-coated a very bold colored Edge Red.
This unit also had environmental covers.
And the search coil mounted on it was an accessory white-colored 4.7x5.2 "OOR" DD.

1.. Very pristine, 'as-new' condition Tesoro Bandido II µMAX
This model is identifiable because it is mounted on the new currant powder-coated gold rod set I bought, like what they use now, not on the old shiny gold original rod.
This unit had the thin, white 6" concentric accessory coil mounted.

1.. Gray Nokta backpack detector bag that contained the following contents:

..... 2 of the 7x11 DD coils for the Relic
..... 2 of the 5" black DD coils for the Relic
..... 1.. Upper rod w/display grip also in the custom Edge Blue powder-coat
..... 1.. Middle rod in the same custom powder coated Edge Blue color
..... 2.. New lower rods
..... 1.. Varta AA Battery Charger w/4 Varta batteries

,,,,, Also in that bag was a Brand New set of Killer B 'Hornet' headphones in a green color.

1.. Black Nokta Impact backpack detector bag with the following accessories:

..... 2.. 7x11 DD Impact coils
..... 2.. 4x7.5 DD Impact coils
..... 1.. 5" DD Impact coil
..... 1 Varta AA Battery Charger w/4 Varta AA batteries
..... 1.. New-in-the-case Nokta Pointer

The thief / thieves also grabbed:

1.. New Nokta RS Pinpointer
and
1.. New-in-the-box Nokta 2.4 gig. Wireless Headphones with the power charging cable, and there was also a dongle insert for the Makro Racer 2.

That is quite a bit to watch for, and is quite a shock to me and my enjoyment of these great detectors and loss from my Regular-Use Detector Team I have been establishing.

More to follow if I find out anything else was stolen that related to metal detectors or detecting gear.

Monte

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/13/2017 02:06AM by Keith Southern.
Re: Seems one of our own could use some help looking out for Stolen goods
October 13, 2017 02:21AM
Sorry to hear.

Will post link to friendly forum.
October 13, 2017 03:32AM
Nothing lower than a thief. Karma is a bitch.
October 13, 2017 03:41AM
Monte is one of the good guys in the hobby, always willing to help a fellow out. I have empathy with him as i was robbed 5 years ago, very hard to get over. I hope he can get his property back, did not happen for me though. Was out of pocket for thousands of dollars for my wife's jewelry, my guns and repairs to the house. I would like to get my hands on those scumbags that did this to me and my wife.
October 13, 2017 06:53AM
Shame to hear of these events, Monte definitely doesn't need to deal with BS like this. Hope the perps receive the karma they so deserve.
October 13, 2017 08:29AM
That is sickening - Sorry to hear about this guys -

[www.earthscan.co.nz]
October 13, 2017 10:30AM
It knocks you for a loop when you cross paths with criminals and their activities.....especially the crazed ones who need their daily fix. You're at the hospital with your mother to comfort her and you come out to a supposedly secure lot,.... makes my blood boil......how does that happen? The guards are slackers......need to be dealt with.

Why would a thief patrol a guarded lot with cameras unless the guards were in cahoots with them. A thief is like water and will take the path of least resistance.

Don't think we are winning the war on drugs. Heroin addiction is at an all time high, no pun intended.
October 13, 2017 01:16PM
What scumbags
October 13, 2017 01:26PM
That is a huge loss, don't know how people can do such a thing. Hope your mom is doing better Monte.
October 13, 2017 01:47PM
Sorry to hear this Monte,

hope your mom gets well soon and hope they catch the thieves and lock them up too.
October 13, 2017 01:51PM
I would hope serial numbers are available...Hope this post puts this in our brain...without them hands are tied. As a retired police office know we returned many articles when we
had proof...We all know Monte and wish him luck getting them back and dealing with family problems..Pawn shops and Craigs list is is the way to go.
October 13, 2017 02:51PM
Very sorry to hear this. I hope his mom is ok. I can't stand lowlife thieves. I hope Monte gets all his gear back, I'm on the east coast but I'll keep an eye out if I see an add for any of the machines he listed stolen.

John
October 13, 2017 03:47PM
ozzie Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It knocks you for a loop when you cross paths with
> criminals and their activities.....especially the
> crazed ones who need their daily fix. You're at th
> e hospital with your mother to comfort her and you
> come out to a supposedly secure lot,.... makes my
> blood boil......how does that happen? The guards a
> re slackers......need to be dealt with.
>
> Why would a thief patrol a guarded lot with camera
> s unless the guards were in cahoots with them. A t
> hief is like water and will take the path of least
> resistance.
>
> Don't think we are winning the war on drugs. Heroi
> n addiction is at an all time high, no pun intende
> d.

Does make one wonder, very suspicious indeed.

BTW the "war on drugs" is the largest farce I've seen perpetrated in my lifetime.
October 13, 2017 04:24PM
Damn that pisses me off. I look forward to the day that we shoot scum like this in the street.

Be sure to watch ebay too, of course. Good Luck.
October 13, 2017 06:03PM
First and foremost I hope Mom is doing well!
Update of photos of what my stolen CoRe and Relic look like.
October 18, 2017 03:34PM
This is especially for anyone checking Craigslist or other internet sales sources in the greater Portland, Oregon to Seattle, Washington areas, or maybe at a pawn shop, other retail source, etc. Remember, contact me if you see them anywhere.

I had one of my two FORS CoRe units and one of my three FORS Relic units at home or Monte Jr.'s shop and one of my Nokta Impacts as well. He was making a wooden detector transport for me to keep detectors ready to use yet not banging around so I still had these to as stand-ins to 'model' for these photos I took yesterday.

Both the upper and middle rods of each detectors were stripped and powder-coated these 'Edge' Red' and 'Edge Blue' colors. Kind of stand out from the standard basic black color, don't they?

FORS CoRe

FORS Relic

Both the CoRe & relic full-length

Note, the stolen FORS CoRe had a white-colored 'OOR' DD coil mounted which is the slightly Out-Of-Round 4.7X5.2 size. One of the Relic units had a white-colored round 5" DD mounted, and the other Edge Blue rod and all the components and extra search coils were in a detector bag so it could have a black-colored 5" or standard 7X11 DD mounted.

Thanks for watching.

Monte

PS: Tom D's site has the photos larger than what is shown on AHRPS or Findmall sites. Don't know why 'cause I'm not a computer guy.
Re: Update of photos of what my stolen CoRe and Relic look like.
February 14, 2018 04:11AM
Monte your stolen fors cor is on facebook.

[www.facebook.com]
February 14, 2018 05:54AM
Go get him Monte even though he may not know that it was stolen. I'd contact the police department if I were you.
February 14, 2018 06:21AM
Thank you all for your attention to this Facebook posting. I don't do Facebook but several are watching this fellows 'for sale' post.

Yes, that is my FORS CoRe, and the photos also give clues to other things that were in the stolen items.

I am 400 miles from Portland, OR and can't get a hold of an officer until 8 AM, but I am following up on it.

I am following up at this time.

Thanks again,

Monte
February 14, 2018 11:06AM
Thanks for posting this...... hope they catch the thief...... hate a thief. Middle East has some laws i like.
February 14, 2018 11:33AM
Keep us informed Monte of the out come.
February 14, 2018 01:53PM
YES, Monte; PLEASE DO keep us informed...

dew -- I hear you... winking smiley

Steve
February 14, 2018 04:03PM
Great job, Mo! Hope things work out.
Re: Update of photos of what my stolen CoRe and Relic look like.
February 14, 2018 05:44PM
detectingMO Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Monte your stolen fors cor is on facebook.
>
> [www.facebook.com]
> rmalink/1834114169953313/?sale_post_id=18341141699
> 53313

Amazing. No doubt it's his unit.
Good catch Craig.
February 14, 2018 11:38PM
Nice catch Craig and Monte I hope the Portland police do you right thumbs down
February 15, 2018 04:23AM
Well, I see that the listing has been removed on there.
February 15, 2018 04:30AM
I can't wait for an update from Monte. I hope they caught the thieves -- not only so that justice is served for Monte (hopefully getting his equipment back), but also, I will guess that Monte's detector theft is not the "first rodeo" for the perps...

Steve