Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

White's new offering, looks to be named MX 7 Manufacturer's site updated

Posted by Sod-buster 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
White's new offering, looks to be named MX 7 Manufacturer's site updated
October 22, 2017 02:59AM
[www.whiteselectronics.com]

[www.detectorprospector.com]

[www.findmall.com]

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 10/23/2017 11:28PM by Sod-buster.
Re: White's new offering, looks to be named MX 7 (pic added to link)
October 22, 2017 11:15AM
What happened to Whites? A stinking S shaft? Foam grip? That clunky battery box that started with the Prize 6T means you can't switch shafts. I guess they are still trying to sell battery packs. I wish them the best, but there is quite a lot of competition out there doing some great work. At one time I would only swing a Whites. I would love to see them return to the glory days.
October 22, 2017 06:58PM
OK,it's a metal detector---------now whut?????????????????
October 22, 2017 07:12PM
Sure wish it's not anything like the mx5, which was a disappointment

the fastest detector I sold, think whites intentions were for it to replace the m6

Which was a good detector, I don't think it worked out for whites as the m6 is back in stock
October 22, 2017 11:32PM
Rob, I'm with you on the MX5. Mine lasted a couple of months but I didn't like it nearly as much as the MXT or MXT Pro. Not even as well as the M6. I'm just wondering what the MX7 will offer that the MXT Pro, MXSport, and M6 don't have. a Water proof M6 maybe? It seems that all the companies put out just a little blurb no their new detectors hoping folks will hold off buying another brand until their's comes out. MXSport, Impact, Equinox, AT Max etc. Many don't offer much over the competition when they actually hit dealer shelves. I'm definitely waiting until we get feedback from actual users before I jump on the bandwagon.
October 23, 2017 11:25PM
White's site now has MX7.

This video from their site.

[m.youtube.com]
Re: White's new offering, looks to be named MX 7 Manufacturer's site updated
October 23, 2017 11:44PM
Same thing as usual different color.
Bring us something really new already.
My enthusiasm for this new Whites offering lasted maybe 30 seconds after watching the lack lustre video,have always been a avid Whites fan for years and years,but in the last few years they are becoming a very similar company as Tesoro,resting on ones 'laurels' from years ago when they had been a top player in the detecting arena,these days they are a 'have been' concern.
October 27, 2017 10:16AM
Like MX Sport this setup is easy to describe by one world: writs crusher winking smiley
October 27, 2017 10:19AM
the european makers are streaking ahead in designs
October 27, 2017 10:22AM
Whites quality of housing was ok... but the bulky design is not. MX Sport is too heavy in the upper part of the body.
October 27, 2017 01:56PM
Are the new MX7's made in the USA or China? - only asking as Whites have a production line in China as well, so trying to work out what models are made there as opposed to made in the USA -

MXS = made in USA = lots of problems
XVenture = made in China = no problems

yeah sure, two ends of the scale, hence my interest in what other models Whites get made in China

One more point I would like to mention in regards to Whites. Whites who are staunchly Patriotic when it comes to their equipment, or that's what we are led to believe. I am surprised to find virtually ALL Whites accessories like caps, T shirts, Headphones, pens etc etc all with the Whites logo proudly displayed on them are ALL made in China - Now don't go telling me that there is no-one left in the USA that does not make those things. So asides from the production costs of those items, what other benefit is it for Whites to be sending that work off-shore?

Clearly profits - then if that is the driving force behind Whites, it would stand to reason that they too would also maximize profits with their metal detectors as well.-

Perhaps there was more to that MXS fiasco than meets the eye - software glitches and cracking plastic - not the America I remember

[www.earthscan.co.nz]
October 27, 2017 03:58PM
Didn't the MX5 have some kind of audio glitch?
October 27, 2017 07:50PM
MX7 = Made In America

Plastic is molded here in the Pacific Northwest. Boards stuffed on-site. Coils made on-site. The people who build our machines have bills to pay and if we can build it here, WE DO.

What is a "writs-crusher"? Was not aware we had sent out an MX7 to this person to test. confused smiley

The MX7's goal is to replace the MX5 with something better and provide a solid machine for people who are looking to move up from entry-level machines but don't have $800 to do it. Or guys with old machines (like XLT, DFX, etc) who are looking to step up their gear without a huge investment. This won't replace your V3i, "Deuce" or other $1000+ metal detector. But it might make a killer backup.

Copy/paste direct from manufacturer-

Packed with advanced features and class-leading performance, the MX7 is a lightweight, rugged metal detector built for demanding hobbyists looking to step up to the big-leagues without the sticker shock. At only 3.5 lbs, the MX7 delivers exceptional depth, recovery speed, and ergonomics at an unheard-of price.

For the "beep and dig" types, get started with six preset programs (Coin and Jewelry, All-Metal, Beach, Prospecting, Relic, and High Trash) and easy-to-access threshold, gain, ground, and pinpoint modes. Pressing the Options button accesses more controls, with user-adjustable Volume, Threshold, Depth Units, Backlight Level, Frequency Shift, Salt Track, Program, Self-Adjusting Threshold, Iron Grunt, VCO, Reject Volume, and Discrimination Mask.

The included 9.5" Concentric coil makes pinpointing targets easy, and offers incredible depth in mild to moderate soils (optional accessory coils include all Sport coils). Due to its 14kHz operating frequency, the MX7 excels at locating smaller targets, such as hammered silver coins and small gold earrings.

The MX7 features a robust transmit circuit compared to other models in its price range, and is capable of extreme depths on coin-sized objects. As a relic-recovery device the included Reject Volume can easily identify iron patches as well as help unmask very deep or hidden targets in stubborn sites.

A high-powered onboard speaker, rear-mounted 1/4" headphone jack, and large, backlit display complete the design, complimented by the high-visibility black and orange color scheme.

IP 54 rated - dust and water-resistant.

Made in America, and under six hundred bucks (dealer prices might be as low as $550).
October 27, 2017 10:29PM
Oh my gosh, White's is in business to make a profit. How shameful!winking smiley

rustic, the base items for virtually all promos you mention: ball caps, t-shirts, pens, etc. are made overseas with China being the primary player. I can promise you that no m.d. manufacturer gets these manufactured in the USA.

If you want these US made, it will cost you significantly more per unit. Paying way more than your competitors for similar peripheral items is not a good business strategy.
October 27, 2017 11:10PM
The profit margin on the items made in china , might be whats keeping the company profitable.
October 27, 2017 11:28PM
I know it's outdated to some , But I always thought if they Could of took the XL-PRO and make it a 2 Filter like the IDX with the Modulated Audio , Manual GB ,with a 4 Tone I.D. they could not make them fast enough.
Just an Opinion from a Grumpy Old Man.
Maybe not as profitable but one Hell of a Machine it would be......
October 28, 2017 07:15AM
Wrist crusher. Not well balanced. Heavy LCD part.
October 28, 2017 07:10PM
trying to sell your company products 'as being made in America' is antiquated and sad....

that's been passé for a very long time...

time to think about how you're going to survive with the likes of the Equinox and Makro/Nokta offerings....

FT and Garrett seem to have a lock on the low end....

good luck
October 28, 2017 08:45PM
I guess for some people it doesn't matter, but for me Made in America is still a selling point. Of course the other features are important too, but Made in USA is still a positive factor, and all else being equal, I will buy the American made product. I'm glad White's is making the effort to make their detectors here in America. God bless them!
October 28, 2017 10:41PM
wayfarer Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I guess for some people it doesn't matter, but for
> me Made in America is still a selling point. Of c
> ourse the other features are important too, but Ma
> de in USA is still a positive factor, and all else
> being equal, I will buy the American made product.
> I'm glad White's is making the effort to make thei
> r detectors here in America. God bless them!

Right on with the Made in the U.S.A.,,,, you're right on that wayfarer.

A lot of ragging on the MX5 in this particular thread. I say pish posh, you just need to run it with the single tone option in the Coin mode. Setting the Disc. with only the first 3 iron segments notched out (-95 to zero) it operates like a Bandido ll big box, It unmasks like crazy when using the 5.3 Eclipse coil which is only 6½"in diam.

..in my mild Kansas soil, this setting is showing some promise of being a deep set-up, it will give dig me coin signals down to 8 to 9 inches. Bigger coins or large targets will go down even deeper. I will shut up about the depth as it is a questionable and disputable subject...Lol

...The lack of a "Lock" feature. is a non issue with the way I go about the Ground Balance procedure on the MX5. My settings are Coin mode, single tone, Iron Disc. -95-to zero, Sensitivity is set to between 8 to 10 (Max). Thresh. set to 'just audible'. varies in numbers to individual machines. Then I tap the "non motion" Pinpoint button All-Metal mode, and I do mean a quick tap or it will enter the Thresh. motion All-Metal mode. A boo boo of a glitch with White's program. I work around it. Then I search around in the excellent non motion "Pinpoint mode for a quiet piece of ground. Looking for a deep depth reading on the LCD screen (12 inch max) once found then do the pumping of the coil aka as bobbing the coil over the clean patch of ground. It takes about six to seven coil pumps from about 6" down to 1 inch from the ground in the Disc. mode and the Threshold should sound scratchy and jittery sounding. Finding this to be the best GB setting I have discovered.The AutoTrac® generally keeps up with the changing ground conditions and works great in my soil.

... As far as being made of inferior plastic, this thing is built like a Glock model 20 10mm.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 10/29/2017 12:09AM by Hombre.
October 28, 2017 11:32PM
Well, I guess if you’re not from the US, whether something is made in the US not a big deal. But actually, having lived in a lot of other countries, I have found that lots of people take pride in and prefer supporting - local food, crafts, and industrial and consumer products.

I suspect that’s very much the case in Canada as well, but maybe somebody who lives there could enlighten us on that score.

I’ve always liked their national Anthem - gets to the “biz” in line 1 - “Oh Canada....”

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/29/2017 12:40AM by lytle78.
October 28, 2017 11:47PM
I drive Fords and ride a Harley Davidson, is buying "made in the U.S.A." really that bad??? or is it just a passing fad !!!! I say who gives a @#$%& as nobody seems to nowadays. Peace Out Bro
October 28, 2017 11:58PM
canslawhero Wrote:
> trying to sell your company products 'as being mad
> e in America' is antiquated and sad....
>
> that's been passé for a very long time...
>
> time to think about how you're going to survive wi
> th the likes of the Equinox and Makro/Nokta offeri
> ngs....
>
> FT and Garrett seem to have a lock on the low end.
> ...
>
> good luck

You should have started this reply with "In my personal opinion" and end with giving your field test report comparing the MX 7 to the Equinox.
October 29, 2017 12:39AM
Go Hombre!
October 29, 2017 02:10AM
The new detector is to replace the MX5. So there seems to be a general consensus from even Whites they could have done better. Ford vehicles are made from parts manufactured around the world. Made in the USA is antiquated thinking. My Whites hat I received with my pinpointer was made in Bangladesh.
October 29, 2017 02:26AM
wayfarer Wrote:
> I guess for some people it doesn't matter, but for
> me Made in America is still a selling point. Of c
> ourse the other features are important too, but Ma
> de in USA is still a positive factor, and all else
> being equal, I will buy the American made product.
> I'm glad White's is making the effort to make thei
> r detectors here in America. God bless them!

2x this.

Rich

------------------------------------------------------------------

Just one more good target before I go.
October 29, 2017 03:18AM
Any manufacturer who thinks they can cling solely to the made in USA thingy and grow and survive and compete.
Better think again.

How about creating top performing, ergonomic, attractive whatever, even a metal detector.

White's could set up a factory in whatever country they decide, and this would not make me favor them or hate them.
Depends on their products, how they look, perform, and compete with the competition.

What has surprised me somewhat.

I see the MX7 has been tested, but by who?
How about float a unit to a few in the detecting community and let them run, test and talk about.

This is not saying the person who admits to testing is a bad person or anything, but just look at what Garrett, Nokta, Makro, and yes even Minelab has done recently.

Maybe the saying if you can't beat then join em applies.

Besides White's, who are you depending on for let's say the ergonomic feel of the unit??

I will bet the farm here on this.
If White's would have given a MX Sport to some members of the detecting community, first thing they would have complained about was the weight and balance. A show stopper really IMO.
I had one remember.

I by writing what I have here, is not meant to be poking fun, or assaulting anyone or any manufacturer.

I will be happy to take physical custody of a unit before release and I will give my private opinion of the unit-no charge either and when finished send it to wherever manufacturer wants in CONUS.
But this don't need to happen to far along in the process.
No need to have a unit (vlf) with bad ergonomics, it shouldn't be happening period.
There is a difference here in bad, mediocre and great.

Btw, I have not run all White's models, but the one's I have seemed compared to the competition, for coil size White's dd coils far heavier. This needs to be rectified.

Cheers

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 10/29/2017 03:46AM by Sod-buster.
October 29, 2017 04:20AM
goodmore Wrote:
> The new detector is to replace the MX5. So there s
> eems to be a general consensus from even Whites th
> ey could have done better. Ford vehicles are made
> from parts manufactured around the world. Made in
> the USA is antiquated thinking. My Whites hat I r
> eceived with my pinpointer was made in Bangladesh.

The MX5 is a great detector when using my settings and it is doing really good in the iron when using the single tone audio. I don't know why White's dropped it, I learned it well and is one of my favorites...

My 1968 Ford truck is 100% made in America, still running good after 50 years of service. I don't wear a White's hat either..........My truck is antiquated but will still be running even after an E.M.P. strike..lololol
October 29, 2017 02:54PM
Hmmmmmmm. Where is Glock made?