Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

anyone use the solid 5x10 gb pro/ g2 coil?

Posted by deathray 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
anyone use the solid 5x10 gb pro/ g2 coil?
April 23, 2012 01:23AM
If so,what are your thoughts...depth,stability,seperation? Im thinking of getting one to covermore ground. I know the 11 inch may seem better for that,but I hate swinging open coils in grass,brush,sticks,etc.
Re: anyone use the solid 5x10 gb pro/ g2 coil?
April 23, 2012 01:44AM
deathray --

I haven't used one on mine yet, but have read posts on other forums from many who have, and I have heard NO negatives about it's performance...people seem to REALLY like them -- most say they are only a shade less deep (inch or so) than the 11" coil, but much better separation, and like you say -- solid, instead of open...

Only complaint I've heard is the very long cable on these coils. Otherwise, folks seem to be raving about them...

Steve
April 23, 2012 01:56AM
Thanks Steve...long cable..oh man,my old sovereign s-12 coil has a ridiculously long cable...Id wrap that thing like 50 times...I guess it was to hipmount,which I dont.
April 23, 2012 02:41AM
Yeah, Deathray, that's been the speculation as to why they are so long. Strange that the cables are so much longer than the cables on the 11" or 5"...don't know for sure why.

Anyway, hope you get some first-hand feedback on the coils from some of the users here.

Steve
April 23, 2012 04:50AM
I use the 5x10 and I like it ,also have the 5' & 11, but use the 5x10 90% of the time, especally like the long cord, chest mount the box and it makes a terriffic shallow water hunter for gold jewelry.
April 23, 2012 01:31PM
I use the 5X10 and never take it off of my G2. It has great seperation and like you say you can cover more ground over the 5" round coil. I think the elliptical design helps with the target separation as well. I use it in iron infested sites and it works great for me.

Randy
April 24, 2012 10:22PM
I wish I could help ya out for sure!