Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Got a great lead on a lost ring...

Posted by Aaron 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Got a great lead on a lost ring...
April 23, 2012 01:35AM
A freind of mine recently informed me that a freind of his lost her gold safire ring her grandmother gave to her, in the yard of their beautiful historic 1892 brick home, her ancestors built. The property and yard is at least 5 acres and they also own the house next door. I've been wanting to hunt this property for over 25yrs. I'm going to meet with her this week so she can show where she lost it over 30yrs ago. The property is beautiful with massive oaks over 150yrs old.
Keep you posted....
Re: Got a great lead on a lost ring...
April 23, 2012 01:45AM
Wow...sounds like a dream place to hunt...

Steve
April 23, 2012 02:02AM
Lets hope you dont find it on the first sigal lol. I can see ya now.... seated dime.. nope.... large cent... nope

Dew
April 23, 2012 02:13AM
LOL...yes I was thinking the same thing, like the family heirloom ring I found last year in less than 1 minute except it was at a school some guys kid lost, so no big deal.
A Large Cent jeeeez, still on my wish list.
April 23, 2012 02:22AM
Hey Aaron just tell them due to the metallic relocation phenomenon ...It could be in any part of the property by now but not where it was lost.....

then just look in the spot they show you last....LOL!!!!

Sound's like you might have an open door invite back though .......

Hope you can find your dream find in there...

Keith
April 23, 2012 10:28AM
Yes agreed Keith, this is literally my "dream" place to hunt.
From what I understand the owners are very rich and eccentric but really nice.
They pay $14k a year alone, in property taxes!
April 23, 2012 10:58AM
Foul/dirty language usage....the word t@x%s is inappropriate, makes a person cringe and brings forth sick feeling in the stomach.

Aaron, Good luck on the 5 acres. I lay odds that you will find a few nice old coins there, and the ring...take your time.
April 23, 2012 11:26AM
First and foremost be neat as the skys the limit on what you might find in this type of area and a welcome back would be nice.. Being an honest conscientous guy that has found many lost articles both sentimental and valuable as our local dealer always sends this people my way all instances differ and of course one wonders if you dig the good signals or mark them while looking for the ring...Always remember hunting an old yard left a bunch of good signals go and recovered a very large gold bowlers 300 ring and once I presented it to the individual wifes disposition changed and ordered me off the property so might lay some ground rules before the hunt. Indeed have many good memories of returning lost articles from a set of car keys in the snow to a valuable diamond tennis bacelet but the aforementioned bowlers ring and changeable disposition of the wife we go back to always that 10 percent I guess...Last but not least probably not where the person said it was lost from previous experience so keep that in mind when looking for the ring. Good luck and hopefully you get one of the 90 percent as that one instance almost had me call the dealer and withdraw my offer to look for lost articles for free.
April 23, 2012 01:41PM
Aaron, it is a great service what you are doing. I think once you get to "knowing" them it shouldn't be a problem to have more regular access to the property. Good luck with that.

ps - Hope you don't find it right away ;-)
April 24, 2012 10:20PM
Your a good person to have around for sure!