Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Illinois and pioneer 505 thought? please

Posted by Brianthemic 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Illinois and pioneer 505 thought? please
May 04, 2012 09:10AM
anybody near Macomb Illinois? not sure how many people aroound me are out there..... also anybody have a review on the bountyhunter pioneer 505? im new to metal detecting heard it was a good place to start.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/04/2012 09:19AM by Brianthemic.
Re: Illinois and pioneer 505 thought? please
May 04, 2012 01:50PM
Hi B., I would recomend other starter detectors...Tesero cibola,tesero silver,garret ace.
May 04, 2012 02:21PM
I also would recommend something else...Fisher F-2, or Ace 250. I think they are both under $200. I also like the Fisher Discovery 3300 as it was my first. Take a look at YouTube...I trhink there's lots of videos from many different machines.

Remember: Once you get bitten...this will become a life long addiction.

Regards, Joe (California)
May 04, 2012 05:56PM
lol oh i have already experienced that bitesmiling smiley but thanks for the infosmiling smiley deffinatly something to look into.
May 04, 2012 09:38PM
I agree with Joe, the Discovery 3300 is alot of detector for the price range. Better than the Pioneer in my opinion. Whatever unit you buy, both of these units are mfg's by First Texas Products, make sure you buy from a authorized dealer. If you don't, you will get zero warranty coverage. If you do, both units have 5 yr's parts & labor coverage. Don't buy a used unit, as warranty is never transferrable with First Texas, regardless of what a seller say's. Ebay has some really good prices on the Discovery. If you want to call First Texas to verify a authorized dealer, the number is....1-800-413-4131.
May 05, 2012 01:53AM
thank yousmiling smiley i actually found a dealer near me. they had the 505 but not the 3300. so as impulsive as i am i had to have a detector lol. but good news is i found my first silver mercury dimesmiling smiley
May 05, 2012 02:02AM
i am looking into the 3300 tho. dosnt hurt to have twosmiling smiley really want to just skip the low end and buy a whites spectra but figured it was better to learn the fundamentals befor worrying about a complex machine
May 05, 2012 02:47AM
Brian, I live pretty close to you, in Jacksonville. I will pm my phone number to you... feel free to call me tonight if you like.
You are welcome to try my detectors out before you buy something else. Happy Hunting ......

Roger
May 05, 2012 03:05AM
thanks rodgersmiling smiley my wifes brother actually lives down in jacksonville. any good areas to hunt down there?
May 05, 2012 03:17AM
Congrats on the Merc.
May 05, 2012 03:22AM
thank yousmiling smiley any idea on how to rate coins? i dont want to get rid of it but would like to know what its worth and what condition it is rated at. i have pics but cant figure out how to add them on here
May 05, 2012 03:39AM
[coinauctionshelp.com]

Any dug silver coin from the 30's or 40's is probably only worth silver value. Here's another good reference: [www.mjpm.com]

Figure 20x face value.
May 05, 2012 03:43AM
Brian, I do pretty good hunting around the area. I tend to hunt old picnic groves and other sites I locate. Still enjoy hunting yards of old homes but hunting cornfields where old homesites have been in the past has been rewarding.
One site I located has produced a large cent, 2 cent piece, 3 shield nickels, a V nickel, several indian head pennies, and my oldest coin, a 1787 Massachusetts Commonwealth half cent............

Roger
May 05, 2012 03:52AM
awesome thanks for the link and info...... and rodger we are actually planning on heading down to jacksonville in the next month. maybe we can get together and do some detecting. lol my brother bought one today so maybe we can set something up.
May 05, 2012 03:56AM
you can add me on facebook if you have it. brianthemic@facebook.com
May 05, 2012 03:57AM
sounds good Brian....you have my number... give me a call and we will get together.

Roger