Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

how do pirates find their treasure

Posted by diggers 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
how do pirates find their treasure
May 30, 2012 03:05PM
the answer is easy ,they never buried any in the first place .
cargos came in all types ,spices, pottery ,foodstuffs ,and even the ship itself for sale.
AFAIA no pirate treasure of any size has ever been found .although Cpt Kidd did leave a small stash behind but of little value .
bullion was in short supply except on the spanish ships from south america.
and they would have been too big a target exept for someone like Raleigh who surrered a big bullion load to queen elizabeth 1.
hence elizabeth 1 coins are fairly common in the UK to searchers ,made from looted spanish cargo .
the rest is all myth ,embroidered over the centuries by writers such as R.L Stevenson .
it all makes a good read though .cocos and the money pit stories are a good read to all searchers .
Re: how do pirates find their treasure
May 30, 2012 03:11PM
i dunno. i was walking thrue atlantis the other day and seen pirate treasure. but i was late getting back into the delorian and didnt want to risk not getting up to 88 miles an hour ( you know atlantis sinks and you lose road area) so im sure they hid them, but the maps are long gone and are shoes are much longer then thers
June 01, 2012 01:46AM
Pirates use a Map or Google Earth.
June 01, 2012 01:05PM
Caches are being found everyday under many circumstances and if pirates of old or new buried them outside usually a landmark was used as a focal point such as a rock formation old large tree etc. Well known that certain beaches keep producing old silver and gold coins and whether they came from a ship or perhaps an old pirate chest that deteriated will always be a mystery.