Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

New Fisher and Teknetics Products discussion/speculation

Posted by detectingMO 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
New Fisher and Teknetics Products discussion/speculation
November 07, 2017 08:13PM
So yesterday Teknetics and Fisher announced the F75+ and T2+ in a very subtle way. No details. (Facebook text and image posts only)

Any ideas or thoughts what they will be? I would assume added features and revisions of the same thing like the G2 vs G2+ was but you never know.

Also, the new Pin Pointers will be out first I would assume. No pricing info yet but they are Pulse with a similar feature set as the Pro Pointer AT.

Anybody tested these new products that can speak? Dealers are in the dark.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/07/2017 08:13PM by detectingMO.
Re: New Fisher and Teknetics Products discussion/speculation
November 07, 2017 08:43PM
Yeah the T2+ looks to be a winner -

[www.youtube.com]

In fact I would think it to be product suicide to release a NEW unit under -

Teknetics T2+ given the above demo

[www.earthscan.co.nz]
November 07, 2017 08:55PM
New Products ??? Hmmmmm winking smiley

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/07/2017 10:24PM by Keith Southern.
November 07, 2017 08:56PM
Gee that was fun - I see from the comments on that three year old video of a Chinese Fake detector that somebody in NZ bought one - wasn't you was it RC ?

First Texas will probably do whatever they want with their trademark "T2" notwithstanding your prognosis of how it will go.

My own guess, not a new model at all, but a new approach to marketing a couple of detectors which still represent the very top performance available in a relic hunting/general purpose machine.

But who knows?

With Minelab offering a multi-purpose machine at an aggressive price point, other manufacturers would be committing marketing malpractice if they did nothing.

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/07/2017 08:57PM by lytle78.
November 07, 2017 09:10PM
I feel DST gave the T2 and F75 new life to be expanded upon. Very smooth detectors now so any improvements could be more than a few features or cosmetic. I know they talked waterproof a couple years ago. Waterproof is overrated though so hopefully that's not it.
November 07, 2017 09:12PM
NO Rick - that was my mate further up the road - I got in a GF2 at that time and we run comparative workshop & field tests on the (fake) T2+, GoldFinder2 & an original T2. All of which, asides from that wonderful green machine T2, are history as far as I am concerned but I am a little wiser for it - I just like to see & test things for myself winking smiley

[www.earthscan.co.nz]
November 07, 2017 10:18PM
Good principle to follow RC "I just like to see & test things for myself"

You have an open mind - vastly better than a closed one.

Hopefully FT will delight us with something truly new - whether it is new technology or greatly increased value for money - I'm eager to see it.

Rick Kempf
November 07, 2017 10:56PM
F 75+....multi frequency and waterproof. Simple to figure out!winking smiley HH jim tn
November 07, 2017 11:06PM
If FT keeps dropping the price on the Top of the line units..........they should sell a ton. People will buy those instead of the ace 250's.
Relax .... just a bit o humor here.
November 07, 2017 11:34PM
wise old possum.

just sayn'

Rick Kempf
November 07, 2017 11:38PM
Given the multitude of new and innovative detectors that've been released in the past several years, and those on the horizon of being released, it seems that First Texas has to do something to save face.....but this looks like their simply doing more of the same, release the same old detector, with a new face-plate, sticker, or slightly different name, perhaps adding a few more features to repackage the same old detector. Kind of reminds me of what White's did for years, I guess it's what you do what you haven't got anything else ready and everyone else is releasing new and innovative products.....I haven't written FT off, I hate to see them following the lead that White's took......

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/07/2017 11:42PM by Cal_cobra.
November 07, 2017 11:46PM
true, at least they know ergonomics though.

I've been trying to find a good cz3d to play with but may wait and see what the plus is. in way dst and fe tones already felt like a plus. if it was a new digital cz multi that would be sweet.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/07/2017 11:48PM by detectingMO.
November 08, 2017 12:46AM
Cal, you haven't seen what they are introducing yet.

Two variables when it comes to a tool

How effective is it at doing the job I have to do....and

what does it cost?

Here’s a quote from Tim Mallory - Marketing and Sales VP at FT....

‘Better price than you might think... stay tuned.”

Maybe same excellent performance and a new “value proposition” would interest folks.

Would we prefer totally new tech - the ultimate detector - heck yes, but “if wishes were horses....”.

Rick Kempf

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 11/08/2017 01:06AM by lytle78.
November 08, 2017 01:44AM
so they added boost to standard t2 and f75 AND ... left it at that to speculate. so maybe something between standard and ltd. man the market is flooded already from price drops. killer used prices. unless they flat out slash everything again its a tough sell

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/08/2017 01:45AM by detectingMO.
November 08, 2017 03:26AM
Slash. Maybe. Build market share in a slow market.

I think I heard that in Marketing 101 at St. Mary’s University in San Antonio in 1966. The prof had a side job, advising a local guy named Herb Kelleher who was starting this new airline _ Southwest - to fly between San Antonio, Dallas and Houston. It worked out OK as I recall. They ran radio ads in San Antonio.

“This is a public service announcement from Southwest Airlines...Take the bus to Dallas - sure, it takes 4 hours longer, but it only costs $2 more”.

A top performing product at a bargain price is tough to ignore.

Rick Kempf

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/08/2017 03:36AM by lytle78.
November 08, 2017 03:54AM
Rick I agree with you, I hope they release something useful.

My tougher sites require simultaneous multi-frequency to cut through the ground minerals, my VLF machines are struggling at these sites. My Impact does better running @ 20 kHz then any of my other VLF machines, but the Minelab machines are excelling at these mineralized sites..... if it's not a simultaneous multi-frequency machine, I really have no interest in it, unless they've got something else up there sleeve that'll give me the tools I need for these tough sites (and at an affordable price).

BTW I feel like I won't be able to give my F75 LTD2 away for free after the F75+ is released
November 08, 2017 03:59AM
Cal_cobra Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> BTW I feel like I won't be able to give my F75 LTD
> 2 away for free after the F75+ is released.

That's how I feel now with the AT Max. I bought the thing and with all the excitement surrounding new machines, nobody is all that interested in it.
November 08, 2017 04:05AM
Maybe FTP will release a F75 flowchart so we can keep up with the F75 permutations grinning smiley

November 08, 2017 10:41AM
I'm guessing FT will do like Garrett did with the max. Repackaged with wireless headphones.
November 08, 2017 02:42PM
new sticker, new box, new price......you heard it here first, lol
November 08, 2017 04:15PM
Canslaw - they did label and price maneuver already with the AmeriTek brand creation.

I suspect something more radical is coming. What are the variables available?

Technology? - they amounted a long time ago where they are headed there - it doesn’t seem to be here yet

Features? - who knows, except for maybe waterproof and cordless phones, there doesn’t seem to be much room for that

Price? - they already cut that by specials on several models, maybe they will cut it some more

Value? - how to make the detector more valuable to the buyer??

We’ll see.

Rick Kempf
November 08, 2017 05:56PM
Looking back at what the + equated to on the F19 and G2 models, I figure they will be adding variable tone break options to the 1, 1F and 2F tones along with user select-able tone pitch. Of course you can already select the pitch now but tying that to a variable tone break option would be cool. The F75 and T2 models are already great metal detectors. Only new tech can replace them. So until then all that is possible is to add to the feature set to make them even more useful in different environments.

Just talking out of my hat here. I have no real information. Just saying what would be cool for a + model in my mind.

Watching all that is going on, 1st Texas is making the new market more attractive than the used market. Why buy used when you can affordably buy new with a five year warranty.

What I want are more coil size/type options.

HH
Mike

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/08/2017 06:42PM by Mike Hillis.
November 08, 2017 07:08PM
Smart observation Mike. By bringing top performance down in price, the makers compete with owners of used machines - capturing sales which would otherwise gone to Craigslist, eBay or a Forum Classified listing.

Rick Kempf
November 08, 2017 07:27PM
I agree, with these new low prices on top performing machines it’s very hard not to add one or afew to the arsenal. Makes me wonder what’s coming down the road though if there selling top tech at mid range prices, maybe we’re going to see a big improvement in tech ?

John
November 08, 2017 08:42PM
I think if it were not for the newer manufacturers releasing some outstanding units, we would still be paying a huge amount of money for a top level units from FT - IMO it is their opposition that has made FT rethink its marketing strategy & bring the prices down -

In turn, it gives us more of a selection at affordable prices -

What worries me however is the fact that these new manufacturers for example, Nokta/Makro, their build quality on their units is something you would expect to come out of the USA, with a more sturdier construction, new tech & brilliant marketing and support, all the while, without taking the proverbial, the stuff coming out of the US looks like it was Chinese made when comparing the build quality to the Turks gear -

I do not know what has happened to manufacturing in the USA, however I do know the USA did have a worldwide reputation for building things tough. Yes you can still build things tough and keep the weight down -

If it pains me in NZ to see this happening it must be hard for you loyal Patriots -

Exciting times ahead - oh & thanks for your kind words Rick winking smiley

[www.earthscan.co.nz]
November 08, 2017 08:47PM
The prices keep dropping and at some point the financially weaker manufactures drop out of the detector biz.
November 08, 2017 10:15PM
Never mind....looks like we were just dreaming. It appears the plus is just a step between a plan jane model and the LTD model

Oh well. Got to speculate a little.

HH
Mike
November 08, 2017 10:24PM
Daniel Tn Wrote:
> Cal_cobra Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > BTW I feel like I won't be able to give my F75 L
> TD
> > 2 away for free after the F75+ is released.
>
> That's how I feel now with the AT Max. I bought t
> he thing and with all the excitement surrounding n
> ew machines, nobody is all that interested in it.

The real kicker is, the AT Max IS a new machine. We don't have enough time to learn the new machine we just bought before we just gotta get the other new one that just hit, or hasn't hit the market. It'll wear a fellow out. Man has times changed.
November 08, 2017 10:59PM
Mike Hillis Wrote:
> Never mind....looks like we were just dreaming.
> It appears the plus is just a step between a plan
> jane model and the LTD model
>
> Oh well. Got to speculate a little.
>
> HH
> Mike

That's just sad, just as I suspected, another repack job with new stickers.... I guess when you have nothing new and innovative in your foreseeable pipeline, and all the competition is making waves with their shiny new toys, you take a page from the White's playbook and slap a new sticker on the ten year old stuff and make an attempt to drum it up on social media..... it's cheaper then having people parachute out of airplanes spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
November 08, 2017 11:37PM
Patience Butterfly.

When whatever it is is actually offered for sale, decide if you want one or not.

If you do, you will likely think it’s a good thing.

If you don’t want one, stop - and consider has the manufacturer injured you somehow by offering it of sale?

Disappointed you (or me) -compared to what we would desire - sure.....but

It’s called commerce. Offer a good tool for a “job to be done” at an attractive price - and hope folks are pleased enough to pony up some $$.

We are all impatient - wanting a better tool to get on with our hobby/obsession.

Me too.

Rick Kempf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/09/2017 12:04AM by lytle78.