Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Spent an hour with NasaTom.....

Posted by Kevin B 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Spent an hour with NasaTom.....
June 19, 2012 03:29AM
And I cannot wait until I can get back to my square nail site armed with new info on unmasking the elusive relic partially hidden by iron!!!! I tell ya, an hour seems to go by fast, and there is never a lull in the steady stream of info. It is wise to have a tablet and ink pen close at hand to jot down things that one MUSTN'T forget!!! My confidence level has spiked upward even more.
This was an awesome way to cap off all of the very useful info that Keith Southern has been passing along to me. My biggest fear is asking so many questions or asking for advice SO MUCH that I aggravate him. And the hour-long phone consultation tonite was an awesome compliment to the info I have already aquired. Knowledge is power, they say, and I believe that it applies to metal detecting as well.
Tom, I appreciate all of the great info. It's like having a college professor call and tell ya what the answers to the problems on the test are gonna be!!! And then explain WHY they are what they are. I know the functions of the Deus much better now. It should make for some interesting unmasking adventure.
TOMORROW sounds like a pretty good time to start trying out my new headful of info.!!! Good luck to y'all and Happy (hey I know what I'm doing now) Hunting!
Re: Spent an hour with NasaTom.....
June 19, 2012 03:34PM
Glad it helped, Kevin. Now............. hit that nail-infested pit with 'intent' !!!
June 19, 2012 05:09PM
This afternoon!!!! No matter how hot. Nor how hard the ground is, I will be there and I will be armed!!!!........with intelligence. (or at least, more than I had)lol
June 19, 2012 09:38PM
Just curious... Tom, have you ever thought about making audio CD's? You could put one topic (with it's specific information/lesson) on each CD. Then people could purchase the topic(s) of interest to them or their area and build their own library. That would be awesome.
June 20, 2012 04:32AM
There is MUCH more value in a 'interactive' (two-way) phone conversation........ answering specific questions; yet, audio CD's is not a bad idea.
June 20, 2012 04:47AM
NASA-Tom Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> There is MUCH more value in a 'interactive'
> (two-way) phone conversation........ answering
> specific questions; yet, audio CD's is not a bad
> idea.
Wow...I'll say!!! I went to another nail infested site today. Set up my Deus with the settings we talked about, and found a cannonball frag (almost half the cannonball!), my first! Also found a perfect Sharps Carbine dropped bullet anong the nails. And a brass grommet. AND, what I belive to be a barrel. It is hollow, but it is rusty. I found a lockplate there a few days ago! I am going to learn how to use electrolysis tomorrow and de-rust my cannongball frag, grapeshot (came from same site), possible barrel, and another iron piece or two that are so rusty that they defy identifying!! I am in a hot spot. And with my new settings and new info, this site is springing to life!
Guys, I will just be plain and to the point: NasaTom's Phone Consultation offer is the REAL DEAL!!! It is far from being just a rap session talking about detectors and finding stuff! Tom just steadily streams out info and you need to write fast!!!! But he will repeat if he's asked too. I got the one hour deal and it was MORE than worth it!!! And he's a nice guy, so there is never an awkward moment!!! And zealous!!!
June 20, 2012 05:07AM
Kevin. It's my firm belief that some people come into the World with a gift. Tom and several others here have that. What makes them special to me is that they don't ride on their 'Gifts'. They constantly strive to improve. Impressive to say the least...but humble at the same time. We are fortunate to be recipients of their endeavors.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/20/2012 05:13AM by TerraDigger.
June 20, 2012 06:28AM
Audio CDs seem so 1970s why not video DVDs? Somewhat kidding in that I have Tom's DVDs and wouldn't sell or trade them for anything (well maybe, make me an offer).
But what about a video conference allowing for interactivity and also allow Tom to show live demonstration of techniques and teaching skills. I just vote for anything that maximizes participation.
PastTom

Past(or)Tom
Using a Legend, a Deus 2, an Equinox 800, a Tarsacci MDT 8000, & a few others...
with my beloved, fading Corgi, Sadie
June 20, 2012 12:12PM
Well said Terra!
June 20, 2012 12:39PM
A good unit is a start but a good mentor to show you how to get the most out of it (((priceless)))....
June 20, 2012 01:04PM
$$$$ well spent, knowledge = POWER
June 20, 2012 05:45PM
NASA-Tom Wrote:
> There is MUCH more value in a 'interactive'
> (two-way) phone conversation........ answering
> specific questions; yet, audio CD's is not a bad
> idea.

Yeah, I can see your point. BUT...I know just about every time I watch one of your video's, I pick something up that I missed previously... THAT is priceless too!!!
June 20, 2012 06:56PM
NasaTom App, what stinks is I'm a hands on type of person, you can talk to me all day and I don't remember it, if I do something once, I remember it forever, so I remember every place I have gone, what I dug and did, I remember voices and faces, but not names, it took me 6 months to remember my wife's names smiling smiley I like the DVD idea better, but all the stuff together builds a strong library
June 20, 2012 07:49PM
I have always felt that "in-person" one-on-one training yields maximum learning-curve productive; yet, it is not easy for folks to simply fly down to Florida for this face-to-face training. (((Hence; phone training as an alternative))).

For those who are interested, I track the performance of individuals of whom received training ..... and .... (to the best of my abilities)..... see to it there are solid marked gains in real-world performance resultants. There is also a psychological fun-factor 'thrill-of-the-find' and/or challenge that should improve.... with training.

I'm tempted to launch a 'club training' program..... whereby a club can hire me for seminars/presentations/demonstrations.
June 27, 2012 04:38PM
TerraDigger Wrote:
> Kevin. It's my firm belief that some people come
> into the World with a gift. Tom and several others
> here have that. What makes them special to me is
> that they don't ride on their 'Gifts'. They
> constantly strive to improve. Impressive to say
> the least...but humble at the same time. We are
> fortunate to be recipients of their endeavors.

Well said and I agree 100%

Kevin congrats on your finds