Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

5" coil for cz7apro re: masking??

Posted by dan 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
dan
5" coil for cz7apro re: masking??
July 10, 2008 01:51AM
I am getting a 5" coil tomorrow for my cz. I know that the target separation should be better. What should i expect re: iron masking with this coil? any one have any other thoughts on the 5" vs: the 8" coil?

Thanks!

Dan
Re: 5" coil for cz7apro re: masking??
July 10, 2008 05:42AM
Hallo there...
-- the little puck is really an awesome coil,-mounted mine way back in the middle of the nineties and it newer came off......
go slow and swing slow, -listen carefully for the sweet, mellow high pitched tone in between the more harsh sounds you get from man made steel and iron.....
try to get the sweet high tone from another angle too----if signal repeats
nicely ---DIG....
Happy hunting and good luck
trond
July 10, 2008 01:12PM
Nice coil fpr trashy areas and those areas you can reach with a stock coil. Really lightens the load and you get decent depth and remember in most cases you can raise sens. May be one of the best small coils around...
July 10, 2008 09:25PM
You will feel that you are hardly covering any ground..... but,,,,, in trashy areas....... it can be quite rewarding.
July 11, 2008 12:44AM
Hey Dan...best thing to do is run it on all metal...this way you get "both" signals, usually, i tried that on my ol' cz7apro (when i had it) and got me a 2 1/2 cent good for token next to some iron in a park where a school yard was in the 1800's...glad idug that hole!

HH