Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

a little something...and comments on Deus Ver 4

Posted by ncwayne 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
a little something...and comments on Deus Ver 4
November 11, 2017 04:15PM
A friend and I had been working the same small bit of a cornfield that had been harvested and disked up and planted for dove hunting for several weeks. Finally, bean fields have been cut and tobacco rows have been disked under.
I updated my Deus to Ver 4 several weeks ago and decided to use it just a few days ago for the first time since the update. The update has turned a very infrequently used detector into one that I now enjoy using. Maybe it's just me, but I did not enjoy using Ver 3.2.
Neither tones nor numbers were very helpful in telling good targets from trash. Version 4 seems to have changed that for the better. And I've watched a few videos and added Gary's Ultimate and Sifter programs. His HOT program is already included in Ver 4.

About 10 days ago I found a tiny button in the area of the confed camp that has been pounded since about a year ago. ANY non-ferrous item is considered a WIN there. I'm not sure about the age of the button but I think it may be colonial. Someone please correct me if it is not.

And yesterday, I found a brass watch fob bearing the year, 1915, and in the shape of a globe depicting North and South American continents and "San Francisco." A little research assured me it commemorates the 1915 World's Fair in San Francisco with its Panama Pacific International Exposition related to the opening of the Panama Canal. I did manage to find a non dug example. I was using Gary's SIFTER program and the tone was exquisite and the TDI was 92. I was surprised at the size of the target because the signal area was absolutely miniscule.

That World's Fair and the Exposition were really a BIG deal and well worth reading about here:
[www.moah.org]

The watch fob was found here under watch fobs / watches:
[www.panamapacificinternationalexposition.com]

We had our first freeze last night and my latest detecting season is really just beginning and I am excited at the prospects. Good luck to all! I look forward to seeing more great finds here and reading of their discovery.

Wayne

Pleasant Garden, NC
AT Max, Nokta Impact, MX Sport, Nokta FORS Relic, GPX 4800, Infinium, Racer, Deus, F75SE, Nautilus DMC II (order of acquisition, last to first)

Does an archeologist argue with a plow? A bureaucrat with a bulldozer?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/11/2017 04:15PM by ncwayne.
Re: a little something...and comments on Deus Ver 4
November 11, 2017 05:32PM
Nice digs NCW thumbs down
November 15, 2017 06:46PM
Thanks, MRH!

Pleasant Garden, NC
AT Max, Nokta Impact, MX Sport, Nokta FORS Relic, GPX 4800, Infinium, Racer, Deus, F75SE, Nautilus DMC II (order of acquisition, last to first)

Does an archeologist argue with a plow? A bureaucrat with a bulldozer?
November 15, 2017 07:58PM
Nice!!!