Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Will the Equinox be this years " Mortal Lock" ?

Posted by Alpha Goat 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Will the Equinox be this years " Mortal Lock" ?
November 16, 2017 05:23PM
I sure hope so or someone will have some " splainen" to do. I'm all in on a 600!
Re: Will the Equinox be this years " Mortal Lock" ?
November 16, 2017 06:12PM
OH YEAH!---It's gonna be the shock of the decade!!winking smiley
November 16, 2017 07:27PM
I'm gonna name mine Thor's Hammer eye popping smiley

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
In a democracy, it is difficult to win fellow citizens over to your own side, or to build public support to remedy injustices that remain all too real when you fundamentally misunderstand how they see the world.
November 16, 2017 07:33PM
I believe so...but I don't think the full Impact(pun intended) will be realized until the regular joes post vids.
November 16, 2017 07:36PM
The Equinox will be one of the best selling detectors ever made.

[www.minelab.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/17/2017 03:18AM by Steve Herschbach.
November 17, 2017 08:44AM
I am on the list for the 600 I think it will be all I need for my type of hunting. But what is crazy is how cheap I have been seeing wonderful detectors going for on the used market. I told my buddy who is a dealer that he probably feels like a drug dealer right now with all us guys wanting our next detecting fix. I am getting a AT-GOLD this weekend to use till the Equinox comes out.
November 18, 2017 02:16PM
I think we can take Steve's opinion to the bank! Junior that AT Gold is still my favorite AT!
November 18, 2017 08:14PM
88junior Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I am on the list for the 600 I think it will be al
> l I need for my type of hunting. But what is crazy
> is how cheap I have been seeing wonderful detector
> s going for on the used market. I told my buddy wh
> o is a dealer that he probably feels like a drug d
> ealer right now with all us guys wanting our next
> detecting fix. I am getting a AT-GOLD this weekend
> to use till the Equinox comes out.

Guilty as charged here. To swing the 800, I sold four detectors I never thought I'd ever let go of: White's 6000 Pro SL (still have an XL Pro for my analog fix), White's MXT All-Pro (still have my MXT), Fisher Gold Bug Pro (MXT will do double duty for the few times I nugget hunt), White's IDX Pro (MXT will do triple duty for trashy spots). I actually got pretty good prices for all of them except the Gold Bug Pro which has really taken a beating the last few months on the used market with the Equinox coming out and the big Fisher price reductions. But I'm still way ahead of the cost of the 800 even with the 6" coil added on.

Used detectors are indeed flooding the market - it's a great time to be a buyer of used equipment. I'm seeing mint still-under-warranty CTX's going for around $1,200. Painful for sellers sad smiley Great for buyers smiling smiley
November 19, 2017 01:38AM
You guys might get a surprise if the Equinox don't come out, they might just want everyone to sell all there detectors and start buying new. Steve have you used the new Equinox? Have you every been where you put all your money on one horse and it fell down? Look out boys. I hope you all good luck, but till I see what it can do, I will just keep my old detectors that is out dated.
November 20, 2017 08:43AM
Alpha Goat Wrote:
> I think we can take Steve's opinion to the bank! J
> unior that AT Gold is still my favorite AT!

George you can't beat the audio on the AT-GOLD and the separation of targets is excellent. It will hunt with the big dogs in iron using the iron audio. I have found more silver with a AT-GOLD than any other machine I have ever hunted with and all the silver has came out of iron infested sites where the AT-GOLD excels.
November 20, 2017 01:53PM
Yes sir! I would still use the Gold but like many detectors it is to heavy for me now and I can't stand being tethered to a harness! Stay young as long as possible!
November 20, 2017 02:58PM
Steve i think you are right. Reasonably priced, light, water proof, simple but effective, a good freq range for most anyone..... and a dang good warranty. It will take a lot away from the AT Pros..... and IMO even the CTX when it comes to Salt water hunting unless its a flop there. People wont pay for an Xcal that they need to modify and wait on to recover or over $2000 for a CTX. This has a lot of potential for those on a budget.

Dew
November 20, 2017 03:58PM
dewcon4414 Wrote:
> Steve i think you are right. Reasonably priced, l
> ight, water proof, simple but effective, a good fr
> eq range for most anyone..... and a dang good warr
> anty. It will take a lot away from the AT Pros..
> ... and IMO even the CTX when it comes to Salt wat
> er hunting unless its a flop there. People wont
> pay for an Xcal that they need to modify and wait
> on to recover or over $2000 for a CTX. This has
> a lot of potential for those on a budget.
>
> Dew

IMHO where the CTX really shines is the ability to show more than one target. No other machine can do that as far as I know. And I recently saw what seemed to be a good used CTX go for $1050.00.
November 20, 2017 04:03PM
Steve Herschbach Wrote:
> The Equinox will be one of the best selling detect
> ors ever made.
>
> [www.minelab.com]
> e-talk/minelab-equinox-unprecedented-anticipation

I think it will go 'Viral', lol.....then probably front page news in all the major newspapers worldwide with interviews, finds pictures, etc.
and just wait till it finds its first 'horde',...then it will really take off. Used 'Vlf' detector sales will drop to zero as the Equinox will be
the only detector everyone wants, regardless of price, lol. The initial shortage of units on release will cause the prices on ebay to surpass
even bitcoin....haha