Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Took a short spin with The Q20 today!

Posted by Alpha Goat 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Took a short spin with The Q20 today!
November 18, 2017 09:15PM
It has some of the best three tone audio reporting for my ears. I dug zero iron today cherry picking coins on an iron infested colonial site.The ground was perfect today even though it is nasty red clay when dry. The minerals, hot rocks barely made a peep and I dug a copper cent at 7 inches without a hitch. No EMI No false signals when the coil was bumped. If the target was deep I would get a mixed tone. Pinpoint is strong . Has a nice overload sound on large targets close to the surface. So what was my glory. An 1853 Seated Quarter! For a starter it exceeded my expectations. Now that I know these are not toys I will be taking a look at the Pro model later this year! As with all my detectors of recent years I bought it!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/18/2017 09:23PM by Alpha Goat.
Re: Took a short spin with The Q20 today!
November 18, 2017 09:30PM
You tell'm George......................exactly what I found out using the Q40. These detectors don't need to be hyped up, they work and guys are happy using them.

DeepTech Vista X with 3 search coils.
Works for me
November 20, 2017 03:10AM
Haven't heard an update from you on this machine. I looked at a lot of video's on it and I have to say I like it. Looks like a really fun turn on and go machine WITH manual ground balance, not a preset, I like that a lot also. I too have many other machines but for light weight and easy carry, it looks great. Hope to hear more from you on this little entry machine. Michael
November 20, 2017 03:52AM
Sounds exactly like 3 tone in a T2 or F75. But uses 9khz instead of the same 13khz like the Q40 uses.
November 20, 2017 12:57PM
detectingMO Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Sounds exactly like 3 tone in a T2 or F75. But u
> ses 9khz instead of the same 13khz like the Q40 us
> es.

Not to my ears. Different sound with disc. out targets. Loud alert is not the same on large shallow targets. Mineralized bed rock when detected in disc. sounds unique. The soil in the area I live plays havoc with VLF machines audio!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/20/2017 01:11PM by Alpha Goat.
November 25, 2017 11:20PM
Michael296 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
Michael,
A short hunt produced a silver ring and Indian Head penny. My best find during testing is the 1853 seated quarter with rays. I would have no issue recomending this detector for a starter or backup. If you need extra features get the Q40 . Very simple to use.
> Haven't heard an update from you on this machine.
> I looked at a lot of video's on it and I have to s
> ay I like it. Looks like a really fun turn on and
> go machine WITH manual ground balance, not a prese
> t, I like that a lot also. I too have many other m
> achines but for light weight and easy carry, it lo
> oks great. Hope to hear more from you on this litt
> le entry machine. Michael
November 26, 2017 02:03AM
Modulated Audio?