Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

11/18 Detech Chaser early thoughts ----------11/28 more thoughts-----------11/29 13 inch dime 2 F.e. bar dirt video..............1/3/18 New coils to the mix

Posted by Keith Southern 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: 11/18 Detech Chaser early thoughts ----------11/28 more thoughts
November 29, 2017 10:02PM
THANKS Keith! The dime is quite intermittent ..... and seems to give just as many iron tones....... as high tones......,,,,,,, due to fringe depth. Very interesting test.
Re: 13 inch dime 2 F.e. bar dirt video
November 29, 2017 10:26PM
Keith Southern Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> [www.youtube.com]
> nnel=relics1864
>
> Best dirt I can get to right now Tom.
>
> As a reference f75 and Impact iron tones this targ
> et.
>
> I would think if the mineral was less I may get a
> better hit on the Chaser??
>
> What's funny is the chaser cant do 10 inch dime on
> 4 bar but f75 and Impact sounds about like this ch
> aser sounds on this 13 inch dime test when the ar
> e testing 10 inch dime 4 bar soil...I suspect the
> smaller foot print tighter winding coils for the F
> 75/Impact helps in the mineral....
>
> This Chaser is seeing alot of dirt HUGE RADIATION
> PATTERN off this 9 inch..there is a 6x11 chaser co
> il out there ....Id like a small 6 and maybe the 6
> x11 but they don't sell them here in the states an
> d when I try to purchase form Detech online from o
> verseas the U.S option is not there.just virgin is
> lands..May have to find a U.K guy to buy and send
> to me or maybe locate a U.K. dealer that has them
> available.Yet not 100% sure it will stay in the st
> able right now.
>
> Keith

Check Thrace Metal detectors for coils! Register and get a discount!
Thrace detectors do not seem to have an option to buy any Chaser coils on their own and also Thrace are not authorized re-sellers for Detech products so there will be no warranty from Detech themselves, saying this i and many others have had great service from Thrace.
I wonder how deep the dime could be detected in fresh water beach sand? 20" maybe? My alter 71 can hit a $5 gold coin at 17 inches in sand, disc at 40 sensitivity at max.
Good thought.
I wonder if mineralization helps "hit" deeper targets? Not necessarily ID. I don't think I've used any detector that would even peep on a 13" dime in my soil including the chaser unless a whisper in all metal. I have a spot with near zero mineralization. So low in fact most machines auto GB doesn't work due to no mineralization to reference when pumping. Will have to try the chaser there on a 13" dime with the same setting. Maybe you have a hot one, Keith! Of Note, EMI is a huge factor in my test garden so that may be the issue.
Hey Keith of all the detectors you've tested in your dirt it sounds to me like the Deeptech Warrior gave the best signals, how would you compare it with the Chaser, does the chaser have better nail id at depth?

At DetectingMO, I think the XTerra 705 did real well in your test garden even with the small sniper coIl, My old Xterra 70 is one of my favourites, especially the propecting mode for the real deep signals.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/30/2017 05:01PM by james1969.
Yeah xterra 705 with mars sniper and tiger have done the best.
Craig

I couldn't imagine it does yet it may enhance things slightly?? Could it be the dime is erroneously reading as a good target..wheres as the f75 Impact reads it as iron..maybe the Chaser is falsng on iron at that depth ??a foot deep nail on the chaser does sound alot like that..lots of what ifs.

In the case of the Chaser I wonder if the fresh bury is the culprit...I dug another hole and refilled it just to make sure I wasn't reading some sort of weird soil disturbance( and it was silent on refilled blank target hole)since I had went though top soil then red clay to get the 13 depth..and upon refilling I'm sure the clay mixed with top layer..The only way i could really say is to wait a few years and check that target again...its really one reason I'm not to overly impressed with planted targets.(especially those done right now for vidoes).I like real world scenarios the best especially in funky dirts..

One of the better good and bad ground detectors I use is the MXT and with the D2 it hits my ODL planted 10 inch dime and this new planted 13 inch dime both with quarter readings..that's in coin mode not relic..Type hit you can't walk away from..Yet that's my soil and that's why MXT's have always been go to units here in North Georgia by hundreds of hunters...3 filter design..If whites ever abandons that unit they are in trouble...they can streamline it but don't mess with it.Leave the innards alone..

James

The Chaser is a lot like a Deeptech unit...just ID added..The Deeptechs have better separation in my opinion though..

Daryl

I assume it would do very well but I do not know..It likes disturbed soil and or airy dirt/sand.

Tomkowski

Most welcome...Not what your were looking for and probably leaves more questions than answer's.Would 1 bar or no bar have been exceptional????I could of probably cleaned up the signal some with some ground balance off set

I ran a night hunt last night in a 1880s site and man what a beating I took on the ears..coil transmission just way to big for any type of littered work..the iron disc is good but to decipher the good from bad takes a toll on your audible sensory..

Still works best on less polluted sites.Like camp sites ...I would like to see the 6 inch coil on this unit since it's not a Ultimate design..yet not sure I want to spend the money RIGHT YET..Ultimates and SEF by design are built for larger radiation patterns I seem to notice.that small 6 I see offered from sanjuros link(thank's sanjuro) seems maybe its more conventional DD...

The machine reminds me of a Deeptech and Blisstool marriage with Visual ability..yet very good visual..And man does it dig little stuff Deep ..

In anyone can get me 6 inch coil for this thing let me know...I may be interested...I can never really tell full potential of a machine till I find the right coil for it..Im sure the 9 inch is the proper coil for the euro open field plowed ground roman sites hunters..But for MY relic adventures I need depth and separation mostly.

What fun I'm having working with this unit!!

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
Craig the RA71 reminds me of a 705 in alot and I mean ALOT of ways...

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
Keith did you notice that you can also use this coil

[detech-metaldetectors.ro]

with the Chaser

Please note: all the coils of the other 14 kHz Detech metal detectors (EDS Plus I/II, EDS Winner I/II, EDS Reacher 14 kHz) can also be used with the new Chaser 14 kHz
keith i aint trying to hijack your thread on detech chaser,but where i live i have 3 and 4 bar soil and man it is hard to do anything with lol!!! i see where you said that the mxt was great for bad ground,after that i started researching it on the net they have several different mxt just wondering witch one that you prefer in bad soil? any info would be greatly appreciated thanks
Sanjuro

I did see that coil I may have talked about it up in the thread somewhere ...might be a better coil to offer for the American market..along the lines of the T2 size..Thanks for the headsup!

Skinner

I've had all the MXT's and they all run about the same...the boards I believe went through some revisions as far as components but they all run about the same in the field...

YET I prefer the MXT Pro or All Pro (no difference in those two )...Just a name change..The reason being is it has a convenient ground grab button on display housing and for me when I want to update ground balance its on the fly instead of having to stop and reach across and flip switch on control box...Plus the Pro has a multi tone option in coin mode if your more inclined to use it in modern trash areas by ear only hunts...And theresa backlight on the Pros too for dim/low light conditions...

I've put MXTs to use since there release..I actually went to the dealers the day they arrived to his shop upon release back in early 2003 or so and had to have one right then after bench testing one.On the condition I get a DD coil for it quick..I did not like the 950 Concentric on it...And they have rewarded me ever since...Actually the MXT 300 model with the 6x10 DD netted me one of my lifelong quest in a well hunted site..

The MXT was built off the GMT Goldmachine and was designed to run DD coils and you can tell that by putting a Concentric on it that it's just not right...With a 6x10 or 6x8 SEF a MXT just flat out slaps brass..YES I said SLAPS...you cant miss it and it the most awesome sound you will ever hear when running relic mode...whack whack whack as it Lites up a target..It loves buttons...I've read the engineering report and I believe it has more of a Three filter design than 2...older whites were 4 filter and handle bad dirt well...BUt never had DD coils...well the MXT with its ability to be swung slower than those fast swing 4 filter units made all the difference in the world for working trash and still getting depth..and Luckily like all Whites the ID system is very accurate..and In my soil with the larger DDs I've dug some stuff at deep depths in hunted hard spots utilizing the relic mode two tone...you get all metal and disc at same time and by hearing that round all metal threshold rise and maybe if your lucky a slight peep in middle of the rise from disc circuit reporting in unison you can dig things extremely deep..things that if you were just in disc mode only you would ignore as a rejected blip from disc...but couple it together and the false blips are easily distinguishable from a legitimate deep target right at the end of disc range or even beyond disc range targets can be located...

MXTs are also very hot on silver and large brass at depth...I've dug some deep half dollars with the MXT and deep Belt buckles..

Its as home on a Soccer field as it is on centuries old relic site...the 4x6 DD is stellar in unlocking iron and the large D2 10" is deep ....the mid size 6x10 range is the perfect all arounder for it ..the machine is built like a tank and can take a beating...And will reward any user with finds about anywhere once accustom to it...One of the Legends in the world of detecting...One of the most versatile units to date.A real workhorse unit.

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
keith thanks alot for the info on the mxt,i really appreciate it. thumbs down
I've had the Detech Relic Striker for about a year. I don't know how it compares in depth to the Chaser because I've never used one, but in Culpeper dirt it runs almost like a PI machine with good discrimination. It runs at 4.8 kHz as compared to the Chaser's 14 kHz, so for high conductors it air tests at distances that can't be believed. I got both the Ultimate 13 and the 15x18 coils with it. I've never had the big coil on, as the 13 gives me all the depth I think I'd ever need. I've never used it in high trash because I got it strictly for farm fields and woods, so I don't know how it would do in a house site. But on 3-4 bar dirt, it will hit my 14 inch 58 caliber minie all day long with no problem, and ID it as non ferrous.
Skinner

Quite Welcome!!

SD

I think the 4 Khz Chaser may be going to replace the relic striker??

Thanks for the feedback..Never ran the Relic Striker..But that low freq ought to really punch deep and maybe not hot on Such little things...Ought to be a bullet hound!!

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
Keith Southern Wrote:
> Craig the RA71 reminds me of a 705 in alot and I
> mean ALOT of ways...
>
> Keith

Yeah it does, but lacks nickel ID in my soil. Like really bad. Worst I've seen. Yet it is still WAY better than a chaser overall. chaser does have a nice coil and shaft though.
Craig the best Unit I have found from Europe is the Impact ..

Yet the Impact is more lIke a AMerican machine than a Euro machine...

Impact has to be one of the deepest button diggers on 20Khz I've ever ran..

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
I really liked the impact other than ergo. Been patiently waiting for a Makro design one.
Craig, that bad nickel reading is weird. 100 mi south of you my 71 ID's great on mid conductors. Really locks on rings. My soil is orange clay, which a lot of detectors do not like. I wonder if something is goofy with your machine? Have you tried different soil(I get great ID down to the 5-6 mark, then it gets crazy, using the dd coil.)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/05/2017 02:19PM by possum mo.
The Impact is good.

Can't say for sure if it's a Euro detector or an Asian detector.

Maybe Dilek will tell us.

[www.amusingplanet.com]
possum mo Wrote:
> Craig, that bad nickel reading is weird. 100 mi s
> outh of you my 71 ID's great on mid conductors. R
> eally locks on rings. My soil is orange clay, whi
> ch a lot of detectors do not like. I wonder if s
> omething is goofy with your machine? Have you tri
> ed different soil(I get great ID down to the 5-6 m
> ark, then it gets crazy, using the dd coil.)

I don't have it anymore. If a detector doesn't give decent nickel ID in my soil it gets punted. I could not get it to give any kind of decent ID once buried even under an inch or two of non-mineralized soil. Some settings and frequency would improve very slightly but is was really just a complete ID bounce all over.
1/3/18 New coils to the mix
January 03, 2018 11:21PM
I ve been using the Chaser with the 7 inch past couple of weeks.

Really makes a difference in heavy polluted sites Vs the Stock 9...Depth still close to stock in the soil..MAkes for easier pinpointing too as the Ultimate coils ON THIS UNIT are hot from toe to to toe like non I've seen on a machine...Even machens running Ultimates don't behave like the Chaser behaves with the ultimate design..The radiation pattern is tremendous.

The 10x12 SEF coil ....LOOKOUT...very deep coil attached to an already POWERFUL unit...and to me seems to separate better than the 9 inch at depth..Feels tighter.

I believe this will be my coil of choice for hunted out camps looking deep..Stable accurate...helps also on an already great ID system to boot..Removes alot of ground noise to from audio..

The radiation field is more confined too..Actually wish there was a 8x6 SEF..Might be the only two coils you need.

Will try and get some vids up when I get a chance...

The Chaser is a UNIQUE machine and first and foremost it's after depth..yet it can unmask too..things you may not even know is there with some other units...STELLAR VDI by the way..

Keith

-Nikola Tesla