Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Detech chaser coil works on MXT

Posted by Keith Southern 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Detech chaser coil works on MXT
November 20, 2017 01:04AM
Plugged the stock 9 inch into my MXT Pro and works and ID's perfect...!!!

And I must say thats one nice coil on the MXT Pro tighter more accurate ID over the D2 and just as deep maybe a tad deeper!!

Wonder if the MXT coils work on the Detech???I'm not trying since it's not my unit...But it would offer the excellent 4x6 whites DD coil as a small coil option for the chaser !!!

Any how as smooth as the Detech 9 inch runs on the MXT I may grab one up as a scout coil...REAL LIGHT AND DEEEEEP!!!

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
Re: Detech chaser coil works on MXT
November 20, 2017 01:37AM
Wonder if the 13" Whites Ultimate coil will work? I have a new one!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/20/2017 01:45AM by Alpha Goat.
November 20, 2017 04:01PM
I would bet it would George...

coils ears are different width spacing wise though..

Detech are wide...but what's funny the techs are very wide even for the detech rod??? Have you noticed on the Detech coil ears one is thin and one is thick...The thin one is very flexible and bends in to fill the gap when you tighten bolt ...strange.!!!why not just make it the right size??

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
November 20, 2017 04:59PM
Wonder if Detech is going to offer the 9" coil as an after market coil fo other detectors. Probably be a good seller.
November 20, 2017 05:50PM
Keith,
I believe any things possible with that contraption! NASA should take a look!winking smiley
December 14, 2017 04:30AM
Keith, the 14x10 is deeper than the 10" 2D coil and it is the same weight +/- couple of grams, I bought 2 of them One is the same weight as the D2 and one is a few grams lighter when I compared the two 14x10s that I have and it is as sensitive as the 6x10 and the 6x4.

For some reason the 14x10 balances the MXT a lot better than the D2 and it just glides over the ground, Maybe it is because of where the mounting lugs are placed but it is now my go to coil.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/14/2017 04:33AM by auminesweeper.
December 14, 2017 04:52AM
Good info Sweeper..

Whats funny is MXT Specific coils ((even Detch wound MXT coils)) wont work on Chaser but Chaser coils work on MXT..??

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
December 14, 2017 05:05AM
Keith Southern Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Good info Sweeper..
>
> Whats funny is MXT Specific coils ((even Detch wo
> und MXT coils)) wont work on Chaser but Chaser co
> ils work on MXT..??
>
> Keith

It must have something to do with how they are tuned ? I don't know for sure but I have come up against this with another machine in the past,

I was digging a hole using my small prospecting pick and I kept hearing what I thought was EMI only thing was every time I stopped digging the noise stopped, Them I realized that the 14x10 coil was picking up my Pick at a measured 5 feet away, The Pick head only measures 10"x 3" being Triangle shaped, I was impressed with that coil giving a Third Tone signal at that distance,

At last count I think I have at leased 8 Coils for the MXT maybe more.