Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

CZ3D

Posted by John 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
CZ3D
September 08, 2012 11:33PM
before I make a purchase of a Tejon. Was curious, and I tried to go back looking at the past post on the CZ3D,just couldnt find what I thought I remembered. Anyway, dont laugh, did I read somewhere that the CZ3D is not a good choice for relic type hunting? I like to hunt mostly old homesites from the 1800s,most out in farm fields,but some still standing. Old antebellum houses. Always lots of iron, nails etc.
Just a thought. Also, what is the weight on the 3Ds. I have an ETrac and can swing it pretty well for a good period of time, at least as long as I dig a good bit and get to lay the machine down,lol.
Ive used the ETrac in these spots, and I know, I still havent mastered it,but Im comfortable with it,but; for me, it just doesnt react fast enough. Am I crazy???I like the ETrac, love that screen and the way you can disc with it,but.
I tell you, I had in my mind the Tejon,MXT or CZ3D,just dont have the experience as most of you, and even tho I do have friends I detect with, they pretty much are in the same boat as me when it comes to hands on experience with the different detectors.
And is the older CZs that much better than the current ones,what the 1021s?
Hey, least I give you guys something to chat about,lol.
HH,
John
Re: CZ3D
September 09, 2012 12:36AM
John,

Save the money...... and just buy a smaller coil for your E-Trac. Start there first! I would not recommend the Tejon, MXT or CZ-3D for high-iron trash areas. If the iron is severe..... you may want a F75 LTD/SE with 5" DD coil.
September 09, 2012 02:12AM
Hi Tom, thanks for the response. Yes, I have a smaller coil and use it the majority of the time. I had a M6, and it had a quick response,let a cousin that lives out of state, talk me out of it.
Its not all heavy trash, all of the time;but, you know how it is, you hunt these spots and you are gonna get into heavy trash. And ,for me anyways, the Minelab has been difficult for me to work tight signals.
One of my hunting buddies uses the Tejon exclusively and does well in these spots. He digs more,but finds more interesting articles. So, I was thinking about a Tejon, but the 3D looked appealing even though Ive read you dig a lot of iron at first with the 3D.
Ive enjoyed the ETrac but have been thinking it may be overkill for what I do,even though it does work. If I got someting else, and it worked for me, I would probably sell the ETrac,but not until Ive got a good replacement. Really dont know what I was thinking when I bought the ETrac,maybe the hype caught up with me.
Thanks again,
John
September 09, 2012 05:36PM
For old (iron) trashy sites..... I would give heavy consideration to a F75 SE with 5" DD coil......... or............ if you are on a budget...... the AT-Pro with small coil. If you have a detecting club near by..... maybe you could have a demonstration..... and first-hand test of either unit.