Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

I'll try here also........

Posted by D&P-OR 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
I'll try here also........
October 28, 2012 03:42AM
Keith has got me wanting to try one of these coils! (grin)---------Has anybody got one or know where I can get one (Kellyco is out of stock).-----I'm looking for an excellent condition Detech 4.5 X 7" DD coil for the Etrac.------I would be interested in purchasing it outright or trading my mint condition Sunray X-5 coil with coil cover plus me paying some cash for the right deal.---------Thanks, Del
Re: I'll try here also........
October 28, 2012 04:04AM
If I could only have one coil for my Etrac it would be the X-5, Id never part with it. Its a deadly combo.

That Detech coil better be worth it...
October 28, 2012 04:11AM
I am with you on that one Aaron...that X-5 is super on the E-Trac.
October 28, 2012 04:31AM
Yeah, I hear ya!-----That X-5 is one good coil in heavy trash.----I've got two of them (the wife & I each have one).-----I've just been wanting to try that 4.5 X 7" as I have been hearing such good reports on it to.-----You know how it is---you just can't sleep at night till ya get your curiosity settled! ha ha
October 28, 2012 05:11AM
I think you will surprised at what the Detech does for the FBS machine's...it's a little deeper than the 5 sunray...but the separation is on another level...You will find some small target's and on edge target's...

Wish everyone could try one...it also separates at depth real real well..say at the 8-9 inch range picking non-ferrous out of ferrous...It will hit the dime on my deck.....Only FBS coil to do that..

I wont hype it too much beyond that.,.everyone Hunt's different and will see thing's different depending on mindset, expectation's, understanding of when and where to use it.
October 28, 2012 06:28AM
Well I'm going to give one "a go" Keith.-----That is if I can ever get my hands on one.----As mentioned, Kellyco is out of stock on them & they are on back order (as usual).-----As for the used ones, I haven't decided if it's just too expensive of a coil for people to want to put that much money in a small coil or if it's the fact that when people do get them they aren't about to let them go.----In either case, I haven't located a used one (yet) with my WTB ads.----Like it or not, I might have to wait till Kellyco gets another shipment in.---I do feel that coil would be just the ticket for a few of my sites that I have pounded with my other large (and small) coils in regards to target seperation.----------Del
Disregard my WTB/WTT post.--I'm going to buy this coil new.---------Del
October 28, 2012 05:07PM
I'll wait till Kellyco gets the coils in.
October 28, 2012 05:26PM
I was just curious and tried to find that coil and all that turns up is the Excellerator coil. I had the 4x7 excellerator for my v3i, it was a good coil but you couldn't use boost w it.
October 28, 2012 05:51PM
Hey Del..

I would of let you borrow mine but when I sold my Explorer 2 I kept it aorund for awhile then sold it to my buddy...He also is in awe of the coil, and He WAS an X5 coil fanatic....

I Know they are high....And I wonder of they are actually going to keep making them...I hear they are a special made coil inside..And I think the price reflect's that...Kellyco has had them on backorder for 3 months that I know of...My buddy who got mine tried to order one from them back in the summer and no luck..I hear they only get a few and they are gone before they arrive ....

I actually got mine used off ebay for 100.00 like new so keep an eye there...

Funny thing ever since they started making them I wanted to get a FBS to try it out on...well it all fell together and lucked into it...

I am afraid wiht the advent of the 8x6 being made they might phase them out?Just a guess.

Yes Aaron the 4.5x7 is not V-rated....

I think it's a special coil ...I think it's some sort of harmonic coil to work on Multi freq's....

Me personally I like it...Is it night and day? No but it does help on small target's and on edge target's.....it wont rejuvinate a site but it will get certain thing's that a FBS usually does not find...

If I get a ETRAC (Big IF).... in the future I will locate a 4.5x7 and a 13 Ultimate( I have no idea about the performance of that one)...

Good luck I will keep an eye out for you also...

I saw one the other day in a package deal..He might separate of He still has it ?...Findmall...

Keith
October 28, 2012 06:30PM
Well, if you get an Etrac get the Ultimate. I love mine for the places I hunt. You do have me thinking about that little coil but first I have to get another detector I'm saving for.
October 28, 2012 07:26PM
Does Kellyco sell that Detech coil? At least for the BBS versions they have never been carried in the US, but are in the UK. Same deal with the 10x14, although I think Kellyco sells the FBS versions of those. Just not sure if they carry that little coil in FBS too?
October 28, 2012 07:34PM
Re-read the thread.