Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

A Deus control box protection tip

Posted by Aaron 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
A Deus control box protection tip
November 13, 2012 02:06PM
I haven't got a protective cover for the Deus box yet and I was tiered of the protective sticker it came with as it made the buttons to difficult to push. I had taken the sticker off and wanted to protect the buttons as I'm afraid of dirt getting under them.

GLAD the maker of sandwhich bags makes a product called Press and Seal. It's like plastic wrap except one side is sticky. I completely wrapped the box which also made it water resistant. It does have a texture to it that kind of obscures the screen, but if you just want to cover the buttons.

If you need to have it covered in a pinch, works great!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/13/2012 04:35PM by Aaron.
Re: A Deus control box protection tip
November 13, 2012 06:54PM
....or there's this 'alternative' technique from a UK forum:
[www.metaldetectingforum.co.uk]
November 13, 2012 07:48PM
Good grief...I can't believe what I just read.

No thanks, I'll stick with my plastic wrap!
November 13, 2012 08:26PM
ROTFLing!!!!
November 14, 2012 12:54AM
Ha ha ha..... OMG really?!! I will stick with zip-loc.

"Happy hunting" - Schultzie
November 14, 2012 10:08PM
I bought an I-phone cover, cut the back out of it just enough so I can slide it on and off the stem clip. It was 3.99 shipped. Buttons work easy, screen is read easily, and it's good to go in a light rain.
November 14, 2012 10:15PM
Good to know.

Sounds just like the one in the U.K. except it's almost $40 shipped! All for .50 worth of plastic and neoprene.

If you have a link please post it.

Thanks
November 15, 2012 04:05AM
If you go on Ebay and search for Iphone waterproof case, you'll find what I bought. They're the ones listed as Black waterproof bag pouch case for Iphone 5, 4, 4s, 3g, 3gs for 2.93 with free shipping. They're are some a listed for a little more but you'll see which ones I'm talking about. I put my controller in it, slit around the area where it slides on the stem. Works great for the price.
November 15, 2012 04:12AM
Okay thanks Dirt I'll chk it out
November 15, 2012 11:31AM
I saw this in a video somewhere. Just use a small zip-loc bag. No need to modify it, it will still slide on and clip into place. Although the look on the cashiers face when you ask for the biggest condom they have would be priceless.
November 15, 2012 06:09PM
Good info Aaron...I like the small Ziplock's myself...

On the condom thing.....Very weird....Maybe works for him, I am not trying it though...LOL!!!

I read one time where a guy liked to put hot sauce on the bottom of his coil....said it made it go deeper...Who Know's...

Keith