Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Back to the Fairgrounds

Posted by Coinseeker 78 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Back to the Fairgrounds
November 17, 2012 03:44AM
My buddy and I had about 3 hours to hunt so we returned to the old fairgrounds we have hunted over the last 4 years. We planned to look for nickels only. I had the f70 with the 11 inch double D coil on. My settings were 60 sensitivity,4 disc,and 0 threshold. with 4h tones. I managed to find an 1870 shield nickel. plus some clad. My buddy using his Minelab SE Pro with an 8 inch coil found a very ornate button. The nickel is so worn it will not show much of an image in a photo. I am soaking it in oil hoping to get enough image to photograph in a couple days. Thanks for looking
Re: Back to the Fairgrounds
November 17, 2012 03:53AM
I have a similar fairgrounds I've been detecting for almost 20 years. It was in operation from 1856 to 1964. I've found over 2000 coins there with 95% of them keepers. Lately it's been getting tougher & tougher to find coins there. The site use to have 30 head of cattle running around on it making it easy to detect. The cattle was removed a few years ago & the grass is a lot higher now making it even tougher to hunt. Won't stop me though....I'm waiting till the grass dies & head back there again. Good luck hunting your site..........see ya yardhunter