Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

I just ordered a Minelab Xterra 705 GoldPack

Posted by Kevin B 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
I just ordered a Minelab Xterra 705 GoldPack
November 15, 2012 06:53PM
I am going to enlarge my test garden. I will make a point to do a detailed analysis of its pros and cons. I MAY even make a couple of Youtube videos with my little nikon camera, I have NEVER made a video even though I have a Youtube acct. I know that alot of the feedback on Youtube can get vicious, so I may close it off and make it private veiw only. I got a great deal on it from Bart.
I realize that there are no magic sticks. But heck, I will throughly lear the unit and test it...and then sell it or keep it. But I just have to admit....I LOVE the flute-like sounds. That's a heck of a reson for buying a detector ain't it. LOL Stay tuned. Next week, it will arrive. If any Xterra 705 users want to chime in with some advice.....I'd be mighty beholdin to ya.
Re: I just ordered a Minelab Xterra 705 GoldPack
November 15, 2012 06:59PM
Never tried one, what does it have over the Etrac?

Hope it works for ya!
November 15, 2012 07:31PM
Kevin, get in touch with Keith Southern. He has a good bit of time on the 705. Great machine, all you have to do to change frequency is switch the coils......

Tom in SC
November 15, 2012 07:48PM
Tom, I have a feeling Keith was the motivating factor....
November 15, 2012 10:22PM
LOL!!!! Aaron you kill me!!!! LOL Well, I still have my Deus. That's a plus. I think instead of buying and selling....I'll just start buying. I'll keep my boxes and paperwork, and when I get enough units, I'll open me up a small business. Get me one of them small business loans. Build a house....er.....shop. Naw...too complicated. I just want another detector to fiddle with and see what I can do with it.
And let's put it this way....Keith's video on the 705 certainly didn't hurt.
November 15, 2012 11:54PM
What the heck, its almost Christmas, time for more toys!
November 16, 2012 02:02PM
Certainly a nice (light) unit with many facets and should serve you well...May not have the abilities of their Explorer series but should be able to hunt long days with one and with all 3 freq. coils sort of 3 units in one...