Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

OK, I know it isn't made for micro gold, and a gold machine will do...but...RE: F-75...

Posted by PanMan 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
I am new with my machine...and I need some more time to play somewhere else for my yard is for a well seasoned f-75 pro (bad)...s0...
I am asking...what settings could be used for micro gold...is it possible to score a small diamond stud earing on a freshwater sand beach with maybe a JE setting with low discrim and sens at a high setting? Or is the F-75 not too good w/ this.
Any takers on this Q please?

-mike

God Bless.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/12/2008 12:18AM by PanMan.
Mike,

Gosh............ you are having a hard time with the horsepower of this unit....,,,, and now...... you want to try the "JE" mode???!!! Wow!

But if you insist, , , sure..... by all means; place the F-75 in "PF" mode..... drop Disc to '0' and set Sens to '99'..... IF, IF, IF atmospheric conditions allow (ie. no EMI). ----But...... once again, , , the F-75 "could" be a unbearable nightmare..... IF you are not accustumed to it.

The GoldBug-II will find the "micro gold".
The F-75 will find the "mini gold".

Tom
Thanks, was going to get a gold bug Tom after I read one of your books/pamphlets, just wondering how the 75 would do, i air tested a d-stud w/ no signal, just wasn't sure...
The funny thing is how many people i see detecting the beach and nobody is micro detecting for diamond stud earrings...and w/ all the earrings i do find, there has got to be many d-studs out there.
A Gold Bug-II is more suited for this. Caution: It can be very fatiguing....if not done properly.

Tom
If by fatiguing, you mean from lots of digging small foil bits...etc...I will only use it on the sandy beaches of local lakes...if that's not what you mean, please alliterate.

I KNOW there are maaaany tiny diamond stud earrings unfound amongst our beaches and I want to hit these hard.
I am better at my f-75, but the ground will be too hard to dig for the next month or two...so i figure i'd take the tiger shark out for some early morning swims, and maybe get a gold bug 2 or tesoro lobo track for the micro, and get bak to the f-75 when the ground softens up in late aug/sept.

Please, anyone w/ experience micro hunting, let's hear what you got to say! Im listening!

-Mike
Yes, exactly. It is the 'recovering of'.... MANY tiny bits of chewing gum foil. A proper non-metallic sifter (so you can wave it over the coil) is a 'must'.
made one myself out of plastic and a fish tank net...i use it all the time.