Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Looking for a tune-up for my recently purchased CZ5...

Posted by Blissterd1 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Looking for a tune-up for my recently purchased CZ5...
January 03, 2013 05:43AM
I recently lucked into a sweet Fisher CZ5 wih a stock 8" coil and a FZ-1 Sunray probe. I have been detecting for a few years and have a DFX, XLT, Classic, Classic III by Whites and a Garrett ADS Deepseeker plus a Bounty Hunter or two, all of them bought used, that have helped make me quite fond of what I call "dirt fishing"!
I did OK with these machines finding silver and many coins and cool relics, but when I bought the CZ last month, the light went on! After a little time in my test bed and a neighbors yard, I visited my most productive hunting site, a hill behind a local mansion used for sledding over many years. I've found numerous silver rings and coins that likely flew out of pockets and off of fingers in the snow! What a great site! After 15 minutes I hit a foil ID'd target that turned out to be a 8.4g, 14K mens wedding band (no inscription, sorry to say for the former owner) and is officially the first gold I've ever found while detecting! This was just over a week ago on Dec. 21st, the day we avoided the end of the world and was the first day of my vacation! How's that for good luck!
I have seen on this forum, mentions of someone doing tune-ups on the CZ machines. I really think this machine could use some help, at least a check-up to see that it's in proper alignment. I've only owned it about a month and since temps dropped from the upper 50's to the 20's two days after my first gold ring find, this would be the perfect time to service my new baby. Then, once its tuned and I find that next ring with diamonds on it, I'll buy an XP Deus and get serious about this hobby!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/03/2013 06:33AM by Blissterd1.
Re: Looking for a tune-up for my recently purchased CZ5...
January 03, 2013 11:53AM
PM this forum's owner, NASA-Tom.
January 03, 2013 02:24PM
Give Tom a PM and go from there. May or may not need a tuneup and why fix what ain't broke and he will enlighten you. From experience even though old technology CZ's will hang in there with the best of them especially for deep silver and on saltwater shores and may be all you will ever need.
January 03, 2013 08:02PM
Thanks guys! PM sent and reply received already. Looks like my awesome CZ5 is going to become the next CZ3D!! I am elated! I had no idea that a conversion was available, I figured I'd get a tune-up at best. I'm trying to wrap my head around what the differences are between the two but am convinced already that after purchasing the CZ5 for $300 and finding a $275 ring within days that it's what I want to do. I have faith in the Fisher and in Tom's abilities!
January 03, 2013 10:51PM
No doubt Tom will tune it to its max abilities...If you googles around Tom has an excellent article or two on the net which should get you a better idea of a CZ3Ds abilities and you will be good to go with a better understanding right from the get go after the tuning and mod...