Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

What's Your all-time favorite Detectors?

Posted by Harold,ILL. 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
What's Your all-time favorite Detectors?
December 09, 2017 07:22PM
I know some have too many faves to list. But I have only truly liked 4 Detectors out of the many I tried. They are in No Particular order,
Etrac
CZ-3D
Nautilus IIBa
Golden uMax
Re: What's Your all-time favorite Detectors?
December 09, 2017 07:34PM
Xp deus
Ctx 3030
CZ 6a
Mxt pro
Tesoro Vaquero
December 09, 2017 07:42PM
I've liked about everything I've tried over the years to some degree. No matter how good their performance, if they're not fun to use I generally don't keep them. I really enjoyed the original Omega when they first came out, but swapped it for something I ultimately didn't like as much. Daniel posted something last year that First Texas was taking offers for new old stock on eBay, so I made an offer and got one at a great price. It's as good as I remembered. So if I could only list 5 I've really liked, they would be:

Teknetics Omega 8000
Nautilus IIb
Tesoro Vaquero
Minelab Xterra 70
AKA Sorex Pro

None of them super expensive by comparison to the top of the line machines on the market, but all of them offer good performance and are fun to use, at least for me.
December 09, 2017 09:03PM
Deus
T2
TDI pro

I do have many others but these stand out the most
December 09, 2017 09:21PM
Omega
December 09, 2017 09:35PM
Omega
December 09, 2017 09:47PM
F 75. Had one in my arsenal since the first camo version came out
Omega
Cz3d
HH jim tn
December 09, 2017 10:04PM
not in any order of preference..........

White's 5900 CB equipped with the 5.3 concentric coil.

Tesoro Toltec 100 equipped with the Troy X2 Super Nine coil.

White's IDX pro with Mr. Bill's modification, any concentric coil would be fine on this machine. Ferret coil is killer on this one!

Tesoro Outlaw with the 8" white concentric coil. Early Bandido style performance in a lightweight machine (2.2 lbs.)
December 09, 2017 10:17PM
Tesoro tejon/LST
Impact
T2 Classic
Sovereign
CZ5
December 09, 2017 10:49PM
AKA Signum MFD
Rutus Alter 71
GM5+
December 10, 2017 12:29AM
Troy Shadow X-5
December 10, 2017 01:02AM
Minelab Sovereign
XP Deus
Nokta Impact
Hopefully the Minelab Equinox
December 10, 2017 01:44AM
1) Sov but too heavy, hated clad.
2) 1266x but was to chattery but the pin point was dead on.
3)cz detectors quite good also bit heavy
4 Compass)worked not bad. way too heavy

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/10/2017 01:46AM by guvmore.
December 10, 2017 02:11AM
Compass Gold Scanner Pro
White's Eagle II SL 90.5
Makro Racer 2
Mr. Bill Modified White's IDX Pro
December 10, 2017 04:18AM
Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro...always loved it and nothing comes close to the option set for the price.

Of course I use my T2 - Patriot - Omega - G2+ much more often. But I love that Land Ranger Pro...special place in my heart.

My YouTube - [www.youtube.com]
Website - [www.thehuntergt.com]
December 10, 2017 04:23AM
CZ6a
CZ20
E-Trac
MXT Pro
Infinium
December 10, 2017 06:42AM
Teknetics Mark 1 LTD
Tesoro Inca
Minelab Sterling
Wilson ATD
Wilson Relic and Coin
Compass Gold Scanner Pro
Nautilus 2B
Minelab Explorer
Sov. Elite
Fisher F19
Teknetics T2 LTD
Whites Blue and Grey Pro
Eric Foster Goldscan 5B
Minelab GP3500
AKA Sorex Pro, Berkut 5, MDF
Big Bud Pro SE

And a few hundred others!winking smiley
December 10, 2017 09:54PM
Nautilus LF
DMC I
DMC II
DMC IIB
Tesoro Eldorado
Tesoro Cibola
Teknetics T2
December 10, 2017 10:04PM
Omega 8000 version 5 or 6

Vaquero/modified Cibola

F75DST

Deus

tabman
December 10, 2017 11:11PM
XL Pro. It's not the highest performing detector these days, but it still holds its own. But most importantly is the nostalgia, it brings me right back to the good ol' days back in the early-mid 80's hunting with those sweet White's analog machines, like the 6000D. Hunts were much more productive back then, lots of silver left in most places, and that sweet analog sound brings me right back to those magical days.
December 10, 2017 11:34PM
The Garrett Freedom II is my sentimental favorite. It was the machine that I used through most of the 1980s, replacing my old Garrett TR machine. I ran yards with that Freedom II all over a big city, back in the day when silver was still common. I had 50-silver months using that machine, and my dad and uncle, who had more time to hunt, each had a couple of 100-silver months. The Freedom II did not get as deep as a modern detector does, but there was a lot more silver in the ground that it COULD reach.

I miss the sound that my Garrett made when it passed over an old Wheat penny or Indian Head. Did anybody here see Halley's Comet when it appeared back in the 1980s? If you looked at the comet through binoculars, you saw a bright spot of light surrounded by a fuzzy halo. That's a visual analog to the sound that a Freedom II made when it hit a Wheatie or Indian Head. You heard the fuzzy halo, then the sharp center, then the fuzzy halo again. You knew in an instant what it was. If the coin was silver, you didn't get the halo. Just a soft, solid, sweet tone that made you smile.
December 11, 2017 02:20AM
In order of age.... White's Coinmaster V Supreme - Whites Eagle Spectrum - Minelab E Trac - Minelab CTX (17" Coil) - Minelab GPX 5000. Soft spot in my heart.... The Radio Shack $19.95 detector that started it all about 1969.
December 11, 2017 07:35AM
Nautilus DMC II B & II B a
Original Tesoro Eldorado
Tesoro Lobo Supertrac
XP Deus
December 11, 2017 08:01PM
CTX 3030
Deus
F75
Se pro
Explorer 2
Explorer
DFX
xlt
coinmaster 6000 di series 3
December 11, 2017 08:06PM
Compass Judge II was in that time great on iron infested heaps with Roman stuff.
The original Eldorado
XP Deus
December 11, 2017 08:10PM
Whites V3i
Vista Gold
Nautilus DMC IIB
Rutus Alter 71
December 11, 2017 11:02PM
Bandido 2 umax- opened my heavy iron sites up..

Sovereign- well just plain UNIQUE

Fisher 1265/66- took me deep
5900 Sl- Took me deeper in allmetal

Explorer XS- reopened my deep hunted 1266 sites

Gold mountain 1650 - could hang with my early Tesoros

Wilson R&C 2 and 4- great at not digging iron but still hitting the goodies

Green Musketeer XS- raw fast power on low freq very unique for time period

Euro Sabre-excellent two tone tesoro..Deeepr than bandido

Tejon- DEEP Tesoro Deep for any machine unmask on another level....Still probably the best single tone unmasker ever built could be the best unmasker ever built

T2- Game changer

Compass Gold scanner with meter- just a great accurate unit

XP GMP- powerful excellent two tone unmasker

Omega V4- Hyper low freq DEEEP

DTVG- excellent analog two tone unmasker has great punch

Impact- best Euro Visual ID unmasker I've used with small coil

4900 Dl max- deep all metal no meter to worry about

Jetco mustang-Got me hooked

Red Baron-Dug me a tone and taught me how to detect

Nautilus DMC 2 Train whistle modified to Boost =Nirvana best dual mode ever made

MXT- Workhorse

TDI- exceptional Pulse machine at a real price

Infinium-best button machine in bad soil I ever ran

IDX modified- Sweet runner deep and great site unlocker

LoboST ground tweak-right behind tejon

Cibola Modded- hard to beat for money against anything made if you don't need a meter at times

Ill stop for now LOL

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
December 12, 2017 05:03AM
My first detector love was a Fisher Coin$trike. Some loved them, most hated them. I was in the loved them camp. I never used it for coin hunting though! It was the machine that opened the door for me relic hunting. I dug a bunch with the CoinStrike. One of my all time favorite machines. In fact, a few years ago I acquired a CoinStrike from off the forums some place and we took it down to my Civil War bullet firing range field. In playing around with several top of the line detectors of today, I could still get the little ole CoinStrike to out perform most of them we had down there that day, and with a small 8 inch coil on it to boot. My eyes are always open for another one if I can find it at a good price.

T2/F75 -- These machines set the bar for me in a VLF machine for general purpose hunting and excelling at relics. To date, the best all metal mode of any machines I've ran. I run them in all metal more than disc mode.

Whites big box TDI - As much as I like the GPX, I have actually dug more with the TDI. Keith said the Infinium was his button getter...the TDI would be mine. Hmmm I need to track one of these down.

Minelab eTrac - I only use it for specific niche reasons but it is tops when it comes to it. Cherry picking coins down to 6 inches...stunningly accurate ID, especially in modern trash sites. In my soil it only goes to 6 inches but I know others that can punch much deeper with them. I might not get every coin out of a site but I wouldn't bet against me leaving any from 0 to 6 inches. Coins are it's only use though (for me). It sucks as a relic hunter IMO.

MX Sport - Gotta throw this one in there. For disc mode hunting, it goes as deep as the deepest VLF machine in my soil but where it shines is semi accurate ID for everything across the board. I personally like it better than the MXT and F75/T2 for disc mode hunting. If this dude had an all metal equivalent to the T2 or F75, it would be my overall favorite "do everything" machine. It can handle land or water and is probably the better freshwater beach machine of those 10' or less waterproof machines.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/12/2017 04:05PM by Daniel Tn.
December 13, 2017 11:07PM
Got all the top ones BUT I always loved the Bounty Hunter Big Bud Pro. Pulled some DEEEEEEP silver out with that machine!
December 14, 2017 12:44AM
Numero uno all time
Fisher 1236-X2 aka the Teacher. Land and fresh water sniffer

all the rest
CZ-5 get a good one
Coinstrike aptly named for modern trash hunting, high strung horse but breakable
1270 the Beast
Musketeer Advantage and WOT coil whoa!
X-Terra 70/705 and or F75DST
T2C talk to me
Omega quiet in iron
ID Edge the right stuff

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
In a democracy, it is difficult to win fellow citizens over to your own side, or to build public support to remedy injustices that remain all too real when you fundamentally misunderstand how they see the world.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 12/14/2017 01:02AM by Jackpine.