Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Looks like the F75+ has been added to the Fisher website

Posted by Keith Southern 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Looks like the F75+ has been added to the Fisher website
December 17, 2017 07:38PM
[www.fisherlab.com]

Wonder if this will be the only model F75 now??

In other words no more base model??

They have probably pushed this EXACT platform as far as they want it to go ..makes sense just to have one model with everything instead of two separate..

they still have the others listed but way more expensive.. the + is same as the LTD at about half the cost..[www.fisherlab.com]

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
Re: Looks like the F75+ has been added to the Fisher website
December 17, 2017 08:16PM
Good questions Mr. K.

They sell so many different detectors in so many different markets that I wonder how even they keep them straight. It isn’t an accident however and I doubt we will see a massive reduction in the model range of any of the 3 brands that they sell - 3.5 if you count AmeriTek.

With all the criticism and hand-wringing about the lack of truly new model detectors from FT, some folks forget that the lineup is full of good performing machines at every price point. The F75 and T2 are still formidable performers.

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold
December 17, 2017 08:49PM
Keith Southern Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> the + is same as the LTD at about half the cost..[www.fisherlab.com]
>
> Keith

Actually same as the LTD2 that was released about three years ago, correct? So nothing actually new, aside from a fire sale price and some new decals..... you know the american auto industry did this for a while...didn't exactly work out to well for them in the end, although I wish I'd bough some Ford stocks when they were all at Capitol Hill with their hands out...damn what an investment opportunity that was, I'd be retired spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
December 17, 2017 08:52PM
nt wrong post sorry

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/17/2017 09:18PM by guvmore.
December 17, 2017 11:06PM
This F75+ package comes with everything a seasoned treasure hunter or new to the hobby metal detectorist might need.
included
F75+ metal detector
F-Pulse waterproof pinpointer
Digger 12" carbon steel digging knife
Free refurb. certificate with transferable and extended warranty

It sounds like to me a refurbished F75 that is packaged with a pin pointer and digger at a reduced cost.

tabman
December 17, 2017 11:24PM
Sounds like an emergency made model detector to lure folks.

You know to get their eyes off the xxx.

I may just buy one.
Just for the minerlization meter.
To have for reference in some sites when I talk about some detectors.

Wish all detectors had the scale and meter it uses.

These other detectors not esplained in very much detail.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/17/2017 11:29PM by Sod-buster.
December 17, 2017 11:28PM
Looks like the f 75+ model doesn't have the cashe locate process which the Ltd has.
December 17, 2017 11:35PM
Welgund Wrote:
> Looks like the f 75+ model doesn't have the cashe
> locate process which the Ltd has.

It's a fairly useless feature, no big loss if that's the case.
December 17, 2017 11:46PM
It has the Cache process - it’s The same Detector as the F75 LTD.

Yes, it is a marketing move. Whatever our collective opinion of it is, probably lots of folks will be happy to get a truly excellent machine and a new high performance pinpointer at a great price.

I’m a bit puzzled why so many here think that’s a terrible idea. The business of metal detector companies is to sell metal detectors. With no new technology ready to market, FT is offering current technology at bargain prices. Kind of like Minelab’s cutting the price of the 705 now and like the total collapse of the price of the GPX5000 when the GPZ appeared. It will be fascinating to see what happens to the CTX price.

Market forces rule. If you don’t sell product, the lights go out and the door is locked.

The real money in the metal detecting business is in Africa - we are small potatoes compared to that.

Oh well, got pork chops to grill - gotta go.

Rick Kempf
December 18, 2017 12:10AM
I hope the bottom falls out of the Etrac market---I'll buy six more of 'em!!!-----Gotta go drink my coffee now!
December 18, 2017 12:10AM
lytle78 Wrote:
> It has the Cache process - it’s The same Detector
> as the F75 LTD.
>
> Yes, it is a marketing move. Whatever our collect
> ive opinion of it is, probably lots of folks will
> be happy to get a truly excellent machine and a ne
> w high performance pinpointer at a great price.
>
> I’m a bit puzzled why so many here think that’s a
> terrible idea. The business of metal detector comp
> anies is to sell metal detectors. With no new tech
> nology ready to market, FT is offering current tec
> hnology at bargain prices. Kind of like Minelab’s
> cutting the price of the 705 now and like the tota
> l collapse of the price of the GPX5000 when the GP
> Z appeared. It will be fascinating to see what hap
> pens to the CTX price.
>
> Market forces rule. If you don’t sell product, th
> e lights go out and the door is locked.
>
> The real money in the metal detecting business is
> in Africa - we are small potatoes compared to that
> .
>
> Oh well, got pork chops to grill - gotta go.

I never said it was a bad idea.

Maybe if a Represetative from First Texas would tell us the why behind the offering, then we wouldn't have to speculate so much.
Be hard to argue/disagree with the horse's mouth- so to speak.

Or maybe they or some other folks don't think they owe us a WHY.

But a new model should offer some thing surely vs the older. Not accessory offering related either.

Maybe I'm just asking for too much.

Been a while since I have seen First Texas rep post here.
Unless I missed.

The F75+, would this be their new flagship unit?
I think it would be nice anytime a manufacturer intros a new flagship unit model with a Rep talking.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/18/2017 12:18AM by Sod-buster.
December 18, 2017 01:43AM
And your point is?

First Texas sells hundreds of thousands of capable, good value for money, detectors through the widest possible distribution network of any metal detector manufacturer. The market for metal detectors is currently flat or declining - all manufacturers are having to cope with it - minelab just introduced an exciting new machine at a revolutionary new price point. It will no doubt play hell with their sales of more expensive detectors.

Neither minelab nor Garretts have ever had a representative on this forum as far as I know. Nokta/macro broke new ground when their marketing manager openly posted so much interesting and important information here. We all applaud them for that.

I’m sure FT is disappointed that you’re not impressed with the new offerings. Their hope is that others less deeply involved in metal detector forum drama will be impressed by the new value represented by excellent machines at impressively new low price levels.

But as you said,

“..or maybe THEY or some other folks don’t think they owe us a why”

Which “US” would that be? — “Sod-buster” — “ or is it “tnsharpshooter” — Which anonymous critic on a forum do you think they owe an answer to?

I put my name on my posts - I take responsibility for them – wise – unwise – otherwise .

THEY - are just a small business trying to make good products - offer them a fair prices - in hopes that people will buy them - and they can continue to stay in business and pay good wages - to folks who work there – in this case in El Paso Texas. Every Metal detector manufacturer in the world is small business – we’re not talking here about Exxon, GM, Apple, Amazon etc.

They are doing the best they can in a tough market

Rick Kempf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/18/2017 01:48AM by lytle78.
December 18, 2017 01:45AM
tabman Wrote:
> This F75+ package comes with everything a se
> asoned treasure hunter or new to the hobby metal d
> etectorist might need.
> included
> F75+ metal detector
> F-Pulse waterproof pinpointer
> Digger 12" carbon steel digging knife
> Free refurb. certificate with transferable
> and extended warranty

>
> It sounds like to me a refurbished F75 that is pac
> kaged with a pin pointer and digger at a reduced c
> ost.
>
> tabman

The certificate lets you send it in for a check up and additional 2 years warranty or if resold the buyer can send it in with certificate and get 2 year transferrable warranty. So orginal buyer could potentially have wsrranty of 7 years if desired.
December 18, 2017 02:13AM
lytle78 Wrote:
> And your point is?
>
> First Texas sells hundreds of thousands of capable
> , good value for money, detectors through the wide
> st possible distribution network of any metal dete
> ctor manufacturer. The market for metal detectors
> is currently flat or declining - all manufacturers
> are having to cope with it - minelab just introduc
> ed an exciting new machine at a revolutionary new
> price point. It will no doubt play hell with thei
> r sales of more expensive detectors.
>
> Neither minelab nor Garretts have ever had a repre
> sentative on this forum as far as I know. Nokta/ma
> cro broke new ground when their marketing manager
> openly posted so much interesting and important in
> formation here. We all applaud them for that.
>
> I’m sure FT is disappointed that you’re not impre
> ssed with the new offerings. Their hope is that ot
> hers less deeply involved in metal detector forum
> drama will be impressed by the new value represent
> ed by excellent machines at impressively new low p
> rice levels.
>
> But as you said,
>
> “..or maybe THEY or some other folks don’t think t
> hey owe us a why”
>
> Which “US” would that be? — “Sod-buster” — “ or is
> it “tnsharpshooter” — Which anonymous critic on a
> forum do you think they owe an answer to?
>
> I put my name on my posts - I take responsibility
> for them – wise – unwise – otherwise .
>
> THEY - are just a small business trying to make go
> od products - offer them a fair prices - in hopes
> that people will buy them - and they can continue
> to stay in business and pay good wages - to folks
> who work there – in this case in El Paso Texas. E
> very Metal detector manufacturer in the world is s
> mall business – we’re not talking here about Exxon
> , GM, Apple, Amazon etc.
>
> They are doing the best they can in a tough market

I told the truth about how I feel.
Sorry
You have a problem with my forum name(s).
Get over it.

I will gladly talk to any metal detector manufacturer if they choose to want to talk to me.
Btw, my money is as green as anyone's here, no matter what forum name a person uses.

Zombies usually don't type info on forums.

Wonder if Minelab ever read any of my criticism of their past products, hence the Equinox.
Get the point.

At least Minelab by posting what they did on their site, seems does read some things on this site.

Btw,
Notice this thread.
Note the time I posted.
Before you had your little spat here.
I didn't have to do this.
But did.
Thought some folks may find helpful or interesting.

[metaldetectingforum.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/18/2017 02:46AM by Sod-buster.
December 18, 2017 02:21AM
How can you possibly state that its a "high performance pinpointer" when it actually hasn't been released and used in the field?

What does a pointer have to have to be classed as "high performance"?

Personally I think its just a way of flogging off some old F75/T2 platforms that have been sitting around in storage for too long - The Pointers were well overdue, however its not a bad marketing ploy in releasing something NEW to go with something OLD -

Its got to be a good buy, no doubt BUT is it the direction you want to be supporting?

[www.earthscan.co.nz]
December 18, 2017 02:33AM
I think the offer is great. In fact if I didn't already own an f 75 Ltd I would snag one up.
December 18, 2017 03:27AM
I’m not ‘supporting’ anything. Merely pointing out some things which other anonymous commentators have said.

As far as “high performance” as a comment about the pinpointers goes - I’m confident that field testing by buyers will bear this out - why? because Carl Moreland, who designed the Pinpointerrs has commented on their performance and it seems credible.

Here’s what Carl had to say over on Steve Herschbach forum under his forum handle of Geotec

“Air hots are pretty good (nickel @ 3+" @ med sens) and should be the same in ground. It has a frequency offset adjust (16 levels) so you can minimize interference.”

Being a PI machine, it should be pretty immune to the ground noise which has plagued VLF pinpointers such as my Whites TRX. When I get one, I will see.

Meanwhile it has been field tested by among others our own Keith Southern.

As far as supporting a “direction” ... I have a pretty good idea after 35 years of buying and contracting for all kinds of stuff of why things cost what they do. I was struck dumb - 30 years ago - by the silly prices folks were paying for a couple of hundred dollars of electronics in a metal detector. The high point of that lunacy was Minelab’s silly prices.

It was a “tax on treasure” - we punters were so keen of finding the goodies that we would pay big bucks for the tools which promised the stuff. Sadly, now there is less stuff to be had - hence the prices fall. Minelab and First Texas are keenly aware of this and are responding appropriately. Those who do not follow will likely be left by the wayside.

Nothing in today’s marketplace - with the exception of the ML GPZ is truly new, Everything else is “remix”. the seller will do what they have to in order to deal with that reality until the physicists and engineers can make a true advance.

Rick Kempf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/18/2017 03:29AM by lytle78.
December 18, 2017 09:58AM
There are any number of reasons for cutting retail prices. The most obvious is to move out old inventory to make room for new. Along these same lines, many businesses like to reduce inventory at years end for tax purposes.

Another is, "we would rather sell it then move it."

Co's often promote (price cut) their number one selling item in a cat. to attract new customers and or, to generate extra sales volume. Although ones profit margins are less on a item when prices are cut, the additional volume usually generated from said item and prices cut greatly help in reducing other expense factors such as payroll, rent, advertising, ins., and so on.

And, of course, there is the full fledged price cutting done when a co is going out of business.

I'm pretty sure F T isn't going out of business. Beyond that, I don't have a clue as to F T's marketing strategy. Doing so would be pure speculation on my part. And everyone else that isn't in the know. Which, is a good reason not to knock what they are doing. HH jim tn
December 18, 2017 11:55AM
A proven detector with all the features you may require. If the Equinox fails to meet my expectation I could see selecting this one to replace all my other land units.
December 18, 2017 06:34PM
I've been a very happy camper with the F 75 ever since I bought my first one, a regular camo version, shortly after they first were introduced. I then acquired the LTD version and then the LTD2 DST. I am hoping that the Equinox might replace a couple other detectors I also currently have, but I can't foresee not having a F 75 in my arsenal. As a ardent coin hunter, the 75's have located and goodly amount of silver and other older coins for me since getting my first one. HH jim tn
December 18, 2017 06:42PM
They all have new date codes on the serial number...they are not overstock from the shelf.

I fully support tried and proven tech at a bonkers low price. Throw in a new pulse induction PP and a hand digger...seems legit to me. Sleep just fine tonight "supporting" that.

Anybody wants to sell me a mint 2007 Camaro for 40% under bluebook and throw in a new 2018 Kawasaki with it...I'm game.

My YouTube - [www.youtube.com]
Website - [www.thehuntergt.com]
December 18, 2017 09:05PM
what is the new leading-Edge Technology
December 19, 2017 12:05AM
F75, f75 ltd, f75 ltd/dst, f75+, T2, t2 SE, t2 se/dst, t2 classic. No matter what version, f75's and t2's are excellent tried and true detectors. Set the bar for many other units that followed their lead. So what's all the fuss? First Texas is not promoting these units as anything more, or less than what they are. So if you don't want one, don't buy it.
December 19, 2017 04:44AM
Bill long Wrote:
> F75, f75 ltd, f75 ltd/dst, f75+, T2, t2 SE, t2 se/
> dst, t2 classic. No matter what version, f75's and
> t2's are excellent tried and true detectors. Set t
> he bar for many other units that followed their le
> ad. So what's all the fuss? First Texas is not pro
> moting these units as anything more, or less than
> what they are. So if you don't want one, don't buy
> it.

Pretty much sums it up! thumbs down

My YouTube - [www.youtube.com]
Website - [www.thehuntergt.com]
December 19, 2017 04:49AM
Ill probably get a T2+ for the stable once they're ready...I prefer the T2 over the F75 for a a couple of reasons

They haven't updated there Tek website yet for those..

Shouldn't be long..

We only Knew both were coming were coming about five weeks ago or so..[www.dankowskidetectors.com]

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
December 19, 2017 06:30AM
So,Keith - how about sharing your reasons for preferring the T2 over the F75?

Rick Kempf
December 19, 2017 09:04AM
Keith

Hopefully it will have the improved clarity of audio that came with the DST add on of the T2C. That was a nice surprise bonus.

Tom

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
In a democracy, it is difficult to win fellow citizens over to your own side, or to build public support to remedy injustices that remain all too real when you fundamentally misunderstand how they see the world.
December 19, 2017 11:30PM
The F75 is higher gain...and a little deeper..

But the T2 to me

Two tone Vs two tone sounds better to me for some reason on the T2..T2 seems a little more VCO-ish

The expanded iron range for me relic hunting allows me to dig more relic Numbers and leave more iron numbers I don't want in a busy mixed site

The compressed non ferrous range offers better ID stability and when set on 80 disc one of the best for ease of use Silver pickers in horrid trash I've found with small coil..the Racer or Impact is the best at the more co located things but for audio ease of cherry picking silver in high aluminum trash the T2 on 80 disc just flat out locks on Silver and copper to about 6 inches..Great at cherry hunting..

The Visual ID doesn't seem to want to report on the deeper stuff unlike the F75 where it will still try and VDI deep audio hits and give at times erroneous number ..Id rather know its out of accurate ID range and take a chance than to be lied to.

The T2 has dug me more weird shapes of non ferrous Vs the F75

the T2 hit's better on Confederate buttons that are tin back Vs the F75 for some odd reason

I like a hard reset every startup the T2 offers..and also makes me verify my settings from lack of memory..

In my soil the depth between the two is different.with at times advantage to F75 but the dirt has to be below two bars..

Oh yeah my favorite color is Green..and I've always wanted a Boosted GREEN T2 LOL...hows that

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
December 19, 2017 11:59PM
Yes Tom the T2c is the real sleeper...Something is different on that unit compared to a T2 LTD2 DST Boost model..

Everything is clean and precise ...No lag..just feels like a old school Circa 2007 T2 yet noise free..You can really concentrate on the whispers.

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
December 20, 2017 01:16AM
Keith Southern Wrote:
> Yes Tom the T2c is the real sleeper...Something is
> different on that unit compared to a T2 LTD2 DST B
> oost model..
>
> Everything is clean and precise ...No lag..just
> els like a old school Circa 2007 T2 yet noise free
> ..You can really concentrate on the whispers.
>
> Keith

Keith, my feelings and experience exactly. Word for word. I just hope they were able to hang on to the attributes of the classic with the T2 plus when they added the bp process.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/20/2017 01:34AM by Bill long.