Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Looks like the F75+ has been added to the Fisher website

Posted by Keith Southern 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: Looks like the F75+ has been added to the Fisher website
December 20, 2017 12:48PM
Folks will complain about anything. If F75+ was priced at $100. and delivered by a bikini clad model, someone on here would find the color of her bikini not to his liking.

Heck, a top model detector for that price is amazing.
December 20, 2017 09:35PM
I agree - Amazing buys to be had by all thanks to an abundance of top quality manufacturers these days

Great to see some competitively priced packages being put together

As for the moaning about the bikini being the wrong color - I believe we now live in the times of, you would get more complaints if the UPS driver was a male & NOT wearing a bikini - please refer to Obama for reference

[www.earthscan.co.nz]
January 06, 2018 04:48PM
Apparently the T2+ is the Classic plus Boost - no DST. Here’s a bit from the Tek webpage.

“All the legendary features you've come to know and trust from the T2 classic, plus an added Boost Mode for even more depth!”

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold
January 07, 2018 02:57AM
lytle78 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Apparently the T2+ is the Classic plus Boost - no
> DST. Here’s a bit from the Tek webpage.
>
> “All the legendary features you've come to know an
> d trust from the T2 classic, plus an added Boost M
> ode for even more depth!”

So no T2 LTD2?

I got the T2 LTD2 a couple of years ago when they had a nice Holiday promo, awesome machine for iron infested relic sites. I actually think it's better then the F75, but the 75 has more control over the tones and modes, so I kept the 75 and sold the T2.
January 07, 2018 03:00AM
So it seems they named the detector with improper model designation.
Should have been called T2 Classic +, or T2 + Classic. I like the first better.
At least if they are desiring to draw parallels with the F75+ unit.

Wonder why they didn't?

Confusing for folks I think.

Easy for a purchaser to think they are getting a T2 unit with something added giving it the plus suffix.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 01/07/2018 03:08AM by Sod-buster.
January 07, 2018 03:27AM
The classic ha DST t's just not listed as such..

It doesn't have the option to turn it off like on the F75..

Its always in 9.0

The + will have DST but won't list it as such.

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
January 07, 2018 03:31AM
Keith Southern Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The classic ha DST t's just not listed as such..
>
> It doesn't have the option to turn it off like on
> the F75..
>
> Its always in 9.0
>
> The + will have DST but won't list it as such.
>
> Keith

So it's the same thing as the F75+, it's the LTD2 release?
January 07, 2018 05:59PM
How am I gonna remember all this??-----I think even FT is confused on which is which & whats got what!winking smiley
January 07, 2018 06:21PM
It would make sense to only offer F75+ and T2+ going forward with the same machine specs of the LTD. They could offer multi-coil sku's but keep it simple. FTP issues are definitely not the products themselves. Great machines...
January 07, 2018 07:11PM
Steve Herschbach famously said years ago that “I don’t know if even first Texas knows how many different models they make”

Funny - of course - but you don’t make money designing metal detectors - you make money producing them at low cost and high efficiency - and marketing them. Marketing is all about putting a compelling value proposition in front of a qualified buyer. They have consistently been good at that - selling vast numbers of quality metal detectors at every price point and through the widest possible range of sales outlets - including now, the Ameritek line of “Techneticsdirect.com” machines.

It is an increasingly tough business, and making sure that what you have to sell is presented to the maximum number of customers is key. Some folks do that with slick advertising - and flog lots of crap that way. FT’s machines are capable and are offered at increasingly attractive prices.

Meanwhile Dave Johnson, Carl Moreland, Alexandre Tartar and others are busy working on new designs - using ever more advanced hardware and software. Sadly, i doubt production hardware is just around the corner. In a recent post, Carl (Geotec) explained the facts of life of metal detector development this way.......

“...it's engineering bandwidth, where metal detectors are being designed by a half-dozen people here, a half-dozen people there. Unlike an Android phone, which has maybe 100 people writing the OS software, plus more people designing hardware, writing apps, etc. With such thin resources there's only so much we can do, and only so fast we can do it.”

Rick Kempf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/07/2018 08:28PM by lytle78.
January 07, 2018 08:54PM
I have concerns we will never get to see current R&D designs.
January 07, 2018 10:22PM
It takes Apple, with hundreds of top engineers, 3-5 years from concept to product. Of course if most of us weren’t in our 60’s or 70’s we might be more patient with our detector suppliers! Lol.

I see no signs that Tom Walsh at FT plans to get out of the detector business.

Us obsessive seekers of the ultimate however won’t pay the bills. It’s the hundreds of thousands of units per year sold to curious, hopeful and YOUNG customers who pay the bills - keep the lights on and provide the cash flow - to keep feeding those half-dozen engineers who are diligently working to give us faster, clearer and lighter detectors.

Rick Kempf
January 07, 2018 10:33PM
My concerns aren't development and time it takes. Thats all I will say.
January 07, 2018 11:19PM
Rick, when the masses start to sag you always have an enlightening and encouraging message.
January 07, 2018 11:58PM
Well – I always like to think that the glass is half full – hopefully with a dry martini.

Rick Kempf
January 08, 2018 08:57AM
Not having a go at you Mr Rick but let me first quote this piece that you wrote -

"Funny - of course - but you don’t make money designing metal detectors - you make money producing them at low cost and high efficiency - and marketing them. Marketing is all about putting a compelling value proposition in front of a qualified buyer. They have consistently been good at that - selling vast numbers of quality metal detectors at every price point and through the widest possible range of sales outlets - including now, the Ameritek line of “Techneticsdirect.com” machines."

Bearing this in mind, would it not be painfully obvious that in order to obtain the 'low cost, high efficiency' & still be competitive, one would have to consider off-shore manufacturing? Is it not exactly those principles that have western corporations scampering to China?

Low Cost + High Efficiency = More Profits ------ Exactly what Corporations are charged to do - Maximize profits for shareholders

[www.earthscan.co.nz]
January 08, 2018 01:01PM
rustic charm
Bearing this in mind, would it not be painfully obvious that in order to obtain the 'low cost, high efficiency' & still be competitive, one would have to consider off-shore manufacturing? Is it not exactly those principles that have western corporations scampering to China?

It really depends on the volume. IPhone-like? Yes. Metal detectors? Probably not. The logistics costs are significant and engineering/manufacturing interface problems can be substantial. Moving assembly to Mexico makes more sense but even that raises issues. As assembly gets simpler and labor time drops, the economics favor US production for companies based in the US.