Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Deeptech Vista Gold Gain model 30Khz......couple Videos I did...2-15-18 Super 6 Coil info

Posted by Keith Southern 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
I got my Deeptech Gold Gain model in for evaluation!!

Here's a couple of videos of it..

I really like the refined audio..and as always its Deeptech DEEEP!!

[www.youtube.com]

[www.youtube.com]

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/16/2018 01:58AM by Keith Southern.
Re: Deeptech Vista Gold Gain model 30Khz......couple Videos I did
December 21, 2017 01:42AM
Great video Keith, machine sounded real good on that 13” dime. I can’t wait to get out with my machine. The VGG is definitely staying in my arsenal, now just need a super six for it and I’m all set. I look forward to your hunt review. Thanks

John
December 21, 2017 04:36AM
Excellent vidio as usualthumbs down
December 21, 2017 05:32AM
Looks like another hot unit by DT and deep too thumbs down

PS

very cool how the iron comes in modulated and smooth audio wise and isn't clipped/ragged sounding when deeper. Kinda unique the way it sounds/works.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/21/2017 02:43PM by MichiganRelicHunter.
December 21, 2017 05:04PM
Nice going there Keith, was interesting to watch, if you do the brick test again try with zero gain and listen to the audio, keep up the great work thumbs down
December 21, 2017 05:52PM
Will Do Ziggy!!

In my opinion the whole Deeptech Vista line does have good mineral see through but the Gold Gain runs smoother than any other DeepTech Ive ran in my soil...

If all you care about is if a target is Ferrous or non ferous in good or bad soil or mixed in polluted ferrous sites or a combo of both then the Gain model is for sure a force to be reckoned with...

Its like the 25Khz Gold...It is ultra High Freq but punches like a lower freq for sure....Has the type punch even on high Conductors like The troy X5 did..

I'm also impressed with the way it cleanly rejects iron on the 30Khz gain model...

Cant wait to get some small coils ...especially the Super 6..

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
December 21, 2017 06:58PM
Thanks for the vids keith, if the Equinox 800 was not about to be released I'd order the VGG right now, I do a lot of beach hunting so the simultaneous multi frequency is irresistible but it will be interesting
to see if the Equinox can hit those coins in your test bed as well as the VGG or Warrior.
One thing missing of the Deeptechs is a true all metal mode Like prospecting mode on my Xterra, would be a great addition.
December 22, 2017 12:40AM
James yes a threshold based all metal mode would be nice for monitoring ground changes that the all metal disc silent search mode does not allow..

Yet it's so Ground sensitive in two tone I can tell when it goes out of balance.

Side Note

I highly suspect if the Deeptech had a full range disc ability the system would work different ..I think with the way its disc control is broad range on just iron and ground circuit very sensitive to ground changes if it had a 180 degree disc when you changed the ground you would have to change the disc as it would probably move some... Yet with broad iron range slight ground tweaks can keep your disc setting accurate..this is one reason it has such good depth in disc mode.??

Plamen is also using what is the best way to get depth out of a VLF and that's accepting all and using tone break.
The more you accept the deeper a disc circuit punches...

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
January 15, 2018 09:55AM
Vista Gold Gain is back with a great strike! Amazing discovery of Celtic and Roman coins!
- 1/8 stater of Boii
- 3 Celtic gold staters 150 BC
- two silver Roman Coins denarius about 1800 years old - Comodus and Hadriánus
What a lucky day and amazing to see smiling smiley

January 15, 2018 11:52AM
I've always fancied trying the Vista gold, but coke is in abundance in my area, moreso at times than iron.
Does the audio of the Gold have enough nuances and information within it to help ID coke, a small thin silver and coke at certain depths give near the same TID response.
That's what i mainly use my screen for, ID'ing coke, it's not foolproof but along with the all-metal report and target signal strength on my Signum it certainly helps cut the odds of digging it.
January 15, 2018 01:33PM
The audio tends to be a little erratic whilst sweeping back and forth over suspected coke, never straight and clean like a good medium to shallow target, don't forget the Vista Sprite deals with coke well with its coke check button,
January 15, 2018 02:46PM
Great vid's on the use of the Gold Gain. Deeptech does make deep units.

I've currently got my eyes on a used Vista Smart + for a price I cannot ignore. They are true "no holds barred relic units" (Keith). HH
January 15, 2018 04:01PM
Hey zigg-man

did YOU dig those coins/staters with the DVGG??

Amazing group of finds = I'm envious grinning smiley

Congrats to you (or whoever dug them) thumbs down
January 15, 2018 04:06PM
Nice vids! Interesting machine!

I suppose the 8 x 1,5 V AA batteries will help a lot getting that depth with the Vista Gold Gain.
Or am I wrong?
January 15, 2018 06:15PM
My Goodness Ziggy what AWESOME FINDS!!

DId you find them or ???

Makes sense this 30Khz Gain model is DIALED in for such recovery's..

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
January 15, 2018 06:31PM
Wilci:

Yes is suspect on Plamens circuit the 8 AA's are the best to use...He has more of ANALOG type Circuit...And they (analogs) consume a bit more Juice..Yet the analog audio on a DeepTech and especially this NEW audio on the Gain is so TALKATIVE !!Music to my Ears!!Im glad hes using this Design..

Very good Iron disc too SOLID!!

Small coil should be here Soon and I will bet some nasty iron hunt videos up!!

Curb Dog:

Yes very much a dig all but small iron unit...you can tell big iron also but a TRUE relic hunter doesn't leave that ..I hope you get your Smart+

I may ask and see If Plamen would be willing to stop by and answer questions some may have about his product ..

I know he's busy ..But he has such a good solid design and his family are such good down to earth type caring people his units need some well earned respect..This is a family business..

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
January 25, 2018 11:28PM
Been running the Gain model in a couple of house site of the 1860-1900 period...

I must say the Gain model is quickly becoming my favorite iron sifter model..Even with the large stock 11" coil I have not experienced such unmasking ability audibly.

The audio of the Gain model is Nirvana to my ears...I'm running on preset red dot for disc...Boost mode..full gain full sens...iron volume half way and regular volume full...Ground in these two site's was 12 o'clock ...2 tone..

The audio is some of the best I've encountered for multi targets at once under the coil...I can tell where a piece of iron is in relation to a non ferrous target or multiple targets at once I can creep around with the coil and have a barrage of targets at once under the coil but still pick out a tight small high tone even when large iron is high toning...a Very sonic picture..The Analog style audio has no peers for dissecting iron...the good sounds good the bad sounds bad..and Im blown away by the ability of this coil to isolate a good target in some very very bad iron..Better than most machines running small coil..especially digital machines..I almost feel like this is the best of the best old site machine I've ever encountered..

These couple of sites have been beat on by me and slew of others for decades..with everything and every coil combo..Yet almost all of my finds come from the harshest of larger iron sections inside the sites.

Nothing spectacular yet still finds all the least..and the Gain model is not partial to round or weird shapes it lights up any non ferrous with gusto..

The 30Khz at first had me scared I would chase small tiny bits and I did to start with till the Audio traits kicked in...I can tell size of non ferrous goodies just by there descriptive foot print..Something digital machines seems to have lost..that 6th sense feel..they sort of beep on small say .22 lead or coin sizes with same sizing feel..not the Gain I can tell the size by the audio nuances very easily...I can also on the ferrous tone side tell a nail from a say iron buckle with ease...AGAIN,, THE AUDIO IS A SONIC IMAGING DEVICE..Part of the magic is the iron tone is the same nuanced modulated type sound as the non ferrous tone..both sides of the audio (Rejected and Accepted) are very descriptive ..not a simple grunt on rejected but a full blown chorus of sound..

One of the best High Frequency units I've used..I like better than the 25Khz Vista gold..the Audio is a new level without a sacrifice for depth and unmasking is a step up...I'm in heaven running this gain model though my old beat sites...

Anyhow here's a neat Solid silver Buckle of sorts...

It was a good ten inches deep and had a beautiful smooth modulated high tone..

what's neat about it is someone has etched across the face Dec 25 1901

Then here's a Gold Cuff link and you wouldn't believe the iron it was intermingled with ay about 8 or so inches deep...the bottom and top is there the cross bar is missing..I about passed out for a minute though I had a dollar gold coin as I could see the gold disc stick from edge of red clay clod ball...

So two nice Old Jewlery finds lets the Gold Gain live up to its promise...

then a few more Hard to get targets on a DEAD site...and they were situated in such bad iron ( not nails but that and clunky iron) that till now they were not digable by units I've used here..And its shows the range of the Gain model round and or weird shapes are no issue..and a few of the buttons are iron back one of my favorite type recoveries in heavy iron...If I can locate these I know the machine is doing its job...aslo is a Round Iron buckle with tongue and half a U.S Civil war pack hook and a clock gear shaft..What not shown is over a couple dozen shotgun hulls ...and some weird scrap stuff..and a bucket of odd iron looking/hoping for relics..

IMG_20180124_220011

The disc only covers iron so its a pure relic unit but I think it makes a great cleanup unit...if you think you've hunted a spot to death YOU HAVENT..I still have a lot of digging to do just on these two sites...and the small coil is coming so I may be in for a real eye opener AGAIN...Yet I'm still blown away by such a large coil unmasking to the degree this 11 does..The audio is world class on this unit...If you like old school analog audio this is the cream of the crop ...I've always been amazed by the analog Meets 21st century feel that DeepTech offers..and this gain model is a True Flagship for them and the forte they aim for..

Keith

Keith

-Nikola Tesla

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/25/2018 11:33PM by Keith Southern.
Super 6 coil ( spur dug)
February 16, 2018 01:57AM
Been using the Super 6 coil on the Gain...

Highly Impressed with it...Works small nails GREAT!!

THIS HAS TO BE THE BEST SITE MACHINE( iron infested pre aluminum period) COMBO I HAVE RAN TO DATE!!

The 30Khz over the regular 25khz gold model is TO ME a step up in unmasking...The audio is the new avenue audio that DeepTech has went to, like they use on the Warrior,Smart models..More INTENSE...the 30Khz does make it Sparky in iron more so than the Warrior but since it has that excellent warrior style audio I can really dissect a site with it Intelligently..The small coil takes the unmasking ability to a new level...all the mannerisms the audio offers to a target that's intermingled just cant be replicated on a digital platform...The small coil intensifies the smaller non ferrous intelligence on the severely masked targets in smaller iron especially ...YET don't dismiss the stock bulldog coil either its as good in iron as many machines using say 6 inch coil..

If you have a Gain get a super 6....go back where you have hunted...and be prepared to pull non ferrous once you learn the audio.The good hits just jumps out at you.It may be a one way hit in a barrage of rolling iron tone but once you get that tone of a goodie in your head of the rolling iron and high blips of falsing the one way hit will still be intelligent enough to make you dig..((One way would be say est west swing but only reports on say east approach))the severely masked stuff that other machine's either leave or just cant get enough of a sound off a one way approach to make you investigate over all the falsing that sound's like that one way blip produce everywhere...this is the magic for this machine the audio is so TELLING that only a piece of a high tone is like listening to Mozart... Like Mozart does beautiful and touches your senses...A symphony to the ears!

Heres some hard to get targets and the model 1859 Brass Spur was a surprise..as it was in between a horseshoe and kettle piece..The site is so full of big iron and hunted to death its hard to dissect every pieces of big iron to find the items being masked..the Gain with Super 6 stopped me in my track's and said there's something in that large iron...and if you've ever dug spurs you know how hard they are to dig anyway by they're shape when in iron on even out of iron according to angle there laying..

Here's a Eagle coat button I pulled out from around a well hole I know I've swung a bunch it jumped out at me first pass through

Then next to a large piece of iron I got this Cherub design Suspender clip

Heres something to show the audio traits of dig me Vs dont...Iron knife blade with pewter tips on end and around where blade started

and heres a pic of the digs together...notice how much BIG brass was left hiding in iron TILL NOW..

Ive said it before...Were barley touching the iron for unmasking....with the GAIN were touching a little harder..!!!

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
February 16, 2018 02:05AM
nice write-up, Keith. Before Kruzer was announced I wanted one of these. Now I still want a GG, but now want a kruzer and Nox too. sheesh.

I can't believe you found an intact harmonica reed. I always find bits and parts of them.
February 16, 2018 02:19AM
Keith. Please stop playing with these things - I’m already in for a DTVGG and the 6” coil. A few more devices you write reports like this on will send me to the poorhouse. Mozart! You’re killing me!

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/16/2018 02:36AM by lytle78.
Does the Gain use the same coils as the original Vista Gold?

Badger in NH Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Does the Gain use the same coils as the original V
> ista Gold?
>
> .

No it does not due to the 5 kHz frequency difference
February 16, 2018 06:30PM
Thanks guys..

Yes the Pitbull coil is truly amazing in iron for its size..It can see stuff some machines with say a six inch cant see..!!!

Here's something I notice on the Super Six[S6](5x8) Vs the Pitbull [PB](11")

The S6 is at home in the tiny iron and sees stuff in smaller nails the Pitbull doesn't see..YET the PB sees stuff in larger iron the S6 does not see...and that may sound STRANGE...But not really...the Audio on the machines is so telling from SIZING of rejected ferrous the same as it is from accepted non ferrous...that is its not a simple grunt but a full blown audio report on the iron in a low tone..so there's so much target info from both tones and the way the large coil can see multiple targets at once and let you know they are there, the big coil is not as saturated by a large piece of iron in its field of view like the S6 would be so it can still alert you to a co-locate in with the large iron...

The S6 sees smaller items and that works well for picking the smaller stuff in small iron VERY well...Yet the Big coil works well on larger iron in terms of being able to not be SWAMPED by say a horseshoe or plow point or kettle piece..so it actually can see coin sizes and up intermingled with those large pieces of iron where as the smaller coil on a large piece of iron is overwhelming to it....

Both these coils are a must have and basically all you need to really PUNISH a site..Never seen a machine be able to paint a picture of a site like this Gain does and its by the way it allows multiple targets at once to be dissected audibly while in field of view of coil..Big iron for coin size non ferrous on up I like the PB...nail beds for coin size non ferrous on down I like the S6..

They need to sell the Gain with both these coils as a pro pack..!!

Hey Rick....Mozart's Symphony No. 40 by the way!![www.youtube.com]

Keith

-Nikola Tesla

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/16/2018 06:32PM by Keith Southern.
So then I've been using the SuperSix attached to the VGG for a good few outings now, it's truly a great coil and as Keith said it would be a nice option to have the SuperSix in as a package with the VGG... if not I highly recommend it for a good few reasons.
Not just for its great all round performance but also how it's changes the VGG in feel, same with the rest of the DeepTech range of machines that I've attached the SuperSix Coil on.

For those that can't swing a larger coil like the 11" for a long period without fatigue the SuperSix really will suite you, makes the machine feel super light and a true iron busting coil in the process, easy to swing with vigour for sure.

The Vistas have never been shy when dealing with iron and the SuperSix just enhances the VGG to keep that tradition running even further, not only the iron busting tasks it deals with the depth is far from lacking, I can run a certain machine with a nine inch coil with zero disc and full audio and the SuperSix can still keep seeing the same targets at depth, how do I know this ?, because I've done the comparisons on undisturbed targets in the field, this is why the SuperSix is an amazing coil.... a true all round asset to the VGG.

So great separation with stability and depth from these two attached is really hard to beat with any other on market at the moment.

I've always said I would happily to compare targets to anyone and their machine on the field, I have a good few times already and seen people's eyes open when they hear the audio on the same targets tested against.
The more you use these machines the more you will lose faith in machines that adjusting settings overtakes the purpose of the machine its self and that's to find metals.

I've found so many items over the last few months with the VGG and also you really can build up a great audio description of the target under the coil, Small Lead-Coke-Hot Rocks are all heard through the audio if you pay attention, some easier than others.

Want a sharp machine then truly consider the VGG along with the SuperSix Coil.

I will leave you with a few links and update photos tomorrow.

SuperSix Coil
[youtu.be]

Silver Finds Bonanza
[youtu.be]